1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Concealed Carry in CA

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by TXMiamiFan, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Jun 11, 2016 at 7:48 AM
    Black Wolf

Black Wolf Bigfoot Hunter, Sasquatch too, but not Yeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way
    I don't open carry much now. Used to OC a lot during hunting season in Eastern Oregon/Northern Nevada. Didn't see of much "wrong type of attention" in town when I did. Nothing wrong at all to open carry where allowed and a person shouldn't have to be worried about (or asking for attention??) what someone might think because of their own PC issues. That's their problem not mine.

2. Jun 11, 2016 at 8:08 AM
    Black Wolf

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way
    Actually a lot of this great country is exactly like Fairbanks. You need to get out more. Not sure what you mean by "so you have quite a bit of fear from good people over guns"??????? :homer: I don't open carry, or did you miss that somehow???

3. Jun 11, 2016 at 8:16 AM
    ColoradoTJ

ColoradoTJ Certified tow LEO Staff Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    Calibrated Power 5 Tune pack, Allison 1000 tune, PPE deep trans pan, Cold/Hot CAC pipes, Banks CAI, PCV reroute, resonator delete, S&B 62 gal fuel tank, B&W GN hitch
    **This is not directed at anyone, more of a general statement**

There are no banks you can open carry in except Montana, where CCW inside banks is not permitted. CC, is allowed in most banks (unless city statutes or bank policy) and probably a good idea considering how many banks get robbed per day (5000 per year in US). My local bank branch recently put up "no weapons" signs on the doors. They took the signs down after a few members got together and gave the branch manager 1 week to get the signs down or people were leaving the Credit Union with they money. The signs came down. Guess they had rather large wads...

Some people don't mind open carry, some do. I was raised in Montana, know all about everyone carrying a weapon around all the time and it was perfectly normal. I personally took guns to school my senior year to show my principal my new hunting rifle. Nobody freaked out and shocking...nobody was shot. California was a schooling for me for sure. First time I ever seen a person freak out about a gun, first guy/girl making out with another guy/girl....I just stared. I wish someone would have taken a picture of my face.

I see guys open carrying all the time in Colorado Springs. You have a few types:

-The ones that act like it isn't a big deal and don't make it one. Usually not an issue.

-Then there are the guys that act like total douchebag, walking around, looking to get attention. Usually some person with a new XD, and that really nice XD holster that comes with the gun.

-Then let us not forget the assclowns that like to flex their 2nd amendment rights by carrying AR style weapons in Wally World, a Supermarket...you know...places that really warrant that behavior.
    If someone doesn't get a little cautious when someone is carrying an AR-15 around the city and walking the streets in Denver, Colorado Springs (or similar)...you may need to seek professional help. Last year, right in downtown Colorado Springs, this very thing happened and 3 citizens died. Police were called, but nothing they could do since it was "legal" to open carry an AR-15 walking around downtown. They ended up getting calls again when shots were fired, but that doesn't help the three people that are dead. Now there is a buttload more anti-gun people.

Location is key. Living in MT, ID, AK or places like that...you're not the top of the food chain. Carrying rifles of any kind or open carry, a way of life...because your life does depend on them. I have never been to Alaska, and I have been told it is not uncommon to see very large animals all the time on the downtown city streets. Same goes for down on the boarder states to Mexico. Some of those ranches are rather large without much "security" with incomplete walls, tunnels everywhere, and Lord knows what else.

I would love to hear the justification to carry an AR-15 in the open while in downtown Denver, Colorado Springs, Dallas, San Fransisco, Seattle, NYC, Miami...etc.

However, this discussion is on Open Carry/Concealed carry of a pistol. I personally do not care either way, but for me it is CCW all the way. It is not for everyone, and some people really suck at either method.

4. Jun 11, 2016 at 9:03 AM
    Black Wolf

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    ditto^^^^ I can't see packing an AR in wally world. A little over the top. Some people take things too far. I can understand that a lot of people are uncomfortable around firearms. Common sense should always prevail when it comes to firearms.

ColoradoTJ and zcarpenter92 like this.
  5. Jun 11, 2016 at 9:16 AM
    TruckyTruck

TruckyTruck Dumbest Username

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Texas
    Sorry Matt, I didn't mean YOU have a lot of fear, I meant a lot of the population. And I wasn't implying YOU open carry, I was making a general statement. I get out plenty and in populated cities, people don't generally open carry. I'm not arguing bud, just talking. And putting into words what I'm seeing. I respect your opinions, so don't get me wrong there.

6. Jun 11, 2016 at 9:18 AM
    TruckyTruck

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Texas
    He probably saw your bull neck and was threatened....:annoyed::laugh:

Black Wolf and T-Rex266[QUOTED] like this.
  7. Jun 11, 2016 at 9:20 AM
    TruckyTruck

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Texas
    Yeah, the PC of this country is getting ridiculous .

8. Jun 11, 2016 at 10:16 AM
    Black Wolf

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    I'm still trying to figure out what those guys were trying to prove at Malheur Nat'l Wildlife Refuge in Oregon. What they did just fuels the fire for more rulings like we just saw in CA.
    All is good. I figured you were talking in general terms. My grandkids are getting the evil/anti gun PC bs in school already. As soon as they are old enough they will sign up for NRA firearm safety classes to get the real story.:cheers:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
    ColoradoTJ likes this.
  9. Jun 11, 2016 at 8:13 PM
    TruckyTruck

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Texas
    I'm glad there are still granddadies out there like you.

10. Jun 11, 2016 at 8:42 PM
    Black Wolf

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    All kids should get gun safety knowledge. example: Gang banger punk ditches his handgun at night while being chased by Sean....heh....heh. Next morning some 1st graders walking to school see it laying in the grass. What do they do??

11. Jun 12, 2016 at 7:12 AM
    Black Wolf

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    Tragedy in Orlando. Many killed even more wounded. Here we go again. Shooter may have ties to radical I***m. "allegedly". LEOs (FBI) in charge are using the term "possible terrorism" early on. Anti gun types will be disappointed in hearing that. Apparently no CC's were in the club. Sitting ducks. There was a hired armed off duty LEO. Probably didn't go well for him. Not much you can do when someones' only intent is to kill. Like I said, so much for background checks ever stopping tragedies like this, if there was one.

*50+ now. Crazy. Shooter was on the apparently worthless "watch list" according to reports coming out now. So much for PC.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016

Products Discussed in

To Top