1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Colorado light off-roading in Sept.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by ColoradoTJ, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Sep 6, 2017 at 4:15 PM
    The Juice

The Juice THE JUICE IS LOOSE !!

Member:
    COLORADO NATIVE
    Vehicle:
    2013 TUNDRA W/ ROCKET BOOSTERS
    FLUX CAPACITOR/ HOVERCRAFT CONVERSION
    Thanks for the Video! Looks like i need to take the welding course at Front Range CC up in Fo.Co. now!.....HAVE to build one of these....OR hack up an old TJ....Montrose boys are crazy...I used to be friends with one when I lived in Durango.....This waterfall exit video made my day:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

2. Sep 6, 2017 at 4:21 PM
    ColoradoTJ

ColoradoTJ [OP] Certified tow LEO Staff Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    Calibrated Power 5 Tune pack, Allison 1000 tune, PPE deep trans pan, Cold/Hot CAC pipes, Banks CAI, PCV reroute, resonator delete, S&B 62 gal fuel tank, B&W GN hitch
    We frequent the western slope often. Good times

The Juice[QUOTED] likes this.
  3. Sep 6, 2017 at 5:50 PM
    ColoradoTJ

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    Calibrated Power 5 Tune pack, Allison 1000 tune, PPE deep trans pan, Cold/Hot CAC pipes, Banks CAI, PCV reroute, resonator delete, S&B 62 gal fuel tank, B&W GN hitch
    So coming up to this obsicle is a little intimidating. I'm not going to lie, we all had a liquid courage beverage before this, said good luck and went after it.

IMG_2294.jpg

Coming out of the exit. Pretty steep and felt like I was in a space shuttle launch.

IMG_2314.jpg

Coming up. As you can see, the wall face on the drivers side is pretty much straight up and down, but levels off as you come up. I felt very stable at this point. For references, the man in the yellow shirt is 6'3".

IMG_2315.jpg

I didn't realize my front tire was lifted so high....kinda glad I didn't. Still felt ok, but was getting tippy at this point. I had to make a decision to go for it and be ready to hit reverse and full throttle and a really good chance of ending up on my lid. So I opted to take a strap. My winch was busy sucking down my front suspension.

IMG_2317.jpg

The strap was hooked to my frame and unfortunately to the drivers side. It rolled me over pretty hard on the rock face. I was resting on my cage pretty hard. Still stable, and felt good about unhooking my winch from my front axle and attached it to a winch point and pulled myself back over and drove out. I was laughing pretty hard. Only damage in this was my pride and small scratches on my hood.

IMG_2318.jpg

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  4. Sep 6, 2017 at 5:59 PM
    ColoradoTJ

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    This one is just nasty. I can't believe I crawled this one, and I was the only one to do the first two hard ones without rope. Then again, you see the pics in the other post. Ran out of talent.

IMG_2273.jpg

Then this happened. We had to hook up 3 winch lines on snatch blocks to get this 5000 lb pig unwedged.
    IMG_2282.jpg
    IMG_2285.jpg

I'm glad Matt had his 5 point harnes on. He was upside down for 10 minutes rigging him up.

5. Sep 6, 2017 at 6:05 PM
    Eclipsed & Floating

Eclipsed & Floating Over it.........

Member:
    I’m right where I need to be
    Vehicle:
    Voluptuous Whitey
    I wanna go

6. Sep 6, 2017 at 7:08 PM
    ColoradoTJ

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    IMG_2319.jpg

Looks more difficult from the top.

The Juice, landphil and smslavin like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top