1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Codes about transmission

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by Tundramaster15, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Feb 9, 2020 at 8:43 PM
    Tundramaster15

Tundramaster15 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Darrin
    Codes P0705 P0983 P0504 P0571. Does this mean the only fix is rebuild the transmission? From what I been reading on here seems like just changing the parts will not fix the inevitable..........

2. Feb 9, 2020 at 9:25 PM
    773_eddie

773_eddie Trd Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddie
    Chicago
    Vehicle:
    Tundra Trd Pro
    12volt remote start, weathertec accessories, Trd Pro decals, Toyota console safe,VLEDS Puddle Lights,Frac Harness,TRD PRO front and Rear Sway Bar,NSV Hood Light Bar,ESP long box,AJT accessories,Thinkware U1000 dashcam, coachbuilder 1/3 Lift, HR LED’s,Pro comp Traction bars, JL complete System wit 2 10” subs, Kenwood DDX9907XR HU
    P0705 is a Range Sensor Code
    P0983 is SS D Circuit High
    P0504 is Brake switch Correlation code
    P0571 is Brake switch A code
    So the first 2 codes are for the trans not necessary saying it needs to be rebuilt can be bad shift solenoid D the other 2 codes are possible brake switch or harness.
    But first check for blown fuses those are weird codes to get on a toyota well maybe not the P0983 but the other 3 are

3. Feb 10, 2020 at 2:44 AM
    zombie

zombie Master at Something

Member:
    First Name:
    paul
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    2007 Black DC 4x4
    Check all the small stuff like fuses, connectors and grounds. Give a good visual inspection. Is there something wrong that you can tell by driving? If all seems normal, clear codes and then drive around without the overdrive on and see if codes come back. If nothing then try it in overdive and see if it throws codes then.

4. Feb 10, 2020 at 9:04 PM
    Tundramaster15

Member:
    First Name:
    Darrin
    Ok. Checked fuses. All ok. Not sure where to turn overdrive off on a 2007 tundra 5.7 I looked at ground cable at battery. I have owned this truck since 125k miles. Just had it on a lift and looked at all under carriage All looks good. Needs a driveshaft support and tailshaft seal on transmission.

5. Feb 11, 2020 at 5:43 AM
    JohnLakeman

JohnLakeman Burning Internet Daylight

Member:
    Outside of Weird, TX
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM DC TSS 4.6L
    TRD Pro grille, 2018 LED Headlights, Undercover Flex bed cover, Neoprene seat covers, Bed/tailgate mats, Power tailgate lock, auto headlights, illuminated key switch
    Be forewarned. If your codes genuinely represent transmission issues, Toyota dealers typically will not repair transmissions. If an owner comes in with a transmission problem, their solution is to replace the transmission with a Toyota certified remanufactured transmission.

To minimize expense, you'll be ahead to take it to an honest, reputable transmission shop if internal repairs are possible. If transmission replacement is necessary (to be determined), then I would trust a Toyota reman transmission better than others.

6. Feb 11, 2020 at 6:49 AM
    huntertn

huntertn New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2008 White CrewMax Limited 4x4
    You said that the transmission needs a tail shaft seal. I would check the fluid level in the transmission first.

JohnLakeman likes this.
  7. Feb 14, 2020 at 1:23 PM
    Tundramaster15

Member:
    First Name:
    Darrin
    Thank all who answered. I am in the process of changing out the seal and driveshaft support which was bad also. Then I’m going to a dealer for a transmission flush.

I’ll report back after that.

8. Feb 18, 2020 at 3:06 PM
    Tundramaster15

Member:
    First Name:
    Darrin
    Update...... I changed the leaky seal on the transfer case 4x4 not transmission seal (silly me). Changed worn out driveshaft support bearing. Then I was off to dealer and flushed transmission (16 qts) $240 later. Everything was reset and fine except shift indicater ( no lighted P R N D ) and 4lo light is on. Put it in neutral 4lo light goes out and indicator lights up. Put it back in drive light goes out unless I put forward pressure on the shifter then the D lights up. I only have this issue at cold start. If I baby the shifter by hand til transmission is up to temp the problem never happens. Any ideas?????

Thanks in advance.

9. Feb 20, 2020 at 3:32 PM
    Tundramaster15

Member:
    First Name:
    Darrin
    Sanyo high tech transmission ppl out there that can help me understand how I can have theses codes and still have normal shifting

Products Discussed in

To Top