1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Coachbuilder 1/2” shim

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by Tundra694, Aug 5, 2022.

1. Aug 5, 2022 at 1:53 PM
    Tundra694

Tundra694 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    AJ
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tundra Crew Max Trd Off Road
    Those of you that have used a single 1/2” coachbuilder spacer (.25” thick spacer) are you actually getting a 1/2” lift out of it ? I have 6112’s at 1.9” and want to put a spacer on both sides and plus one shackles in the back to bring everything up about 1/2”.

2. Aug 5, 2022 at 2:19 PM
    frichco228

frichco228 Valued Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2016 Crewmax 4WD, TRD Offroad
    Eibach Pro Truck Stage 2 suspension, HD RAS, 285/75-18 Nokian Outpost AT, LoPro bed cover, TRD rear sway bar, DD 10 inch exhaust, and various other goodies
    those spacers give 2x the lift of the spacer, so yes. Also 2 inch lift up front will level the truck with the rear. 2.5 lift in front will have you a little nose high. If you tow/haul much I would suggest you look into RAS (activesuspension.com) for the rear. It will lift the rear .5 to an inch depending how you set it and it offer great support for the weak/soft Tundra leaf springs with no negative impact to ride. Install is also easier than a shackle replacement.

3. Aug 5, 2022 at 2:45 PM
    Tundra694

Tundra694 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    AJ
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tundra Crew Max Trd Off Road
    Nice ! Thank you for the info. I already grabbed a set of Coachbuilder +1 shackles so I'm planning on using those in the rear. The truck is now level with the Bilstein's set at 1.9" and the rear stock. So I'm hoping if I do the shackle in the rear and the shim up front it should be level with maybe a 1/8" rake which I'll never be able to pick out. I should of just done the front at 2.5" the first time and a shackle but I was new to the Tundra at that point and knew level worked on the Pro and the 1.9" was the safe option. However, now I of course want a little more height for "reasons" lol

Products Discussed in

To Top