1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Clayz white '17 crewmax limited TRD

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Builds (2014-2021)' started by clayz, May 12, 2017.

1. May 12, 2017 at 11:43 PM
    clayz

clayz [OP] Your mind is the weapon, everything else is a tool

Member:
    First Name:
    Clay
    Hailey ID
    Vehicle:
    2017 White Crewmax Limited
    debadged Iron Cross running boards Tri-Fold tonneau cover ptm door handles ptm hood bulge ptm grill surround with black mesh grille black mirror covers Undercover Swing Case custom bed mounted tool carrier rear diff breather mod 40" Curved light bar mounted behind grille 18w backup lights Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers Installing end of May - woohoo!: Total Chaos UCAs front diff drop kit Coachbuilder +3" shackles/cb drop kit Coachbuilder Steering Kit Coachbuilder Shims x3 Cooper Discoverer S/T Maxx LT295/70R18 on Fuel Anzas 1w/20mm offset
    Playing catch up sharing mods on this White is Right! '17 Crewmax TRD - spent too long lurking and not enough time typing!

I knew I wanted a Limited to keep my ass leather-clad but not a lot of them around this area. Nearest dealer found one in NV in my preferred color Super White and brought it up for me. I left skid marks in the driveway getting down there when he told me it has the grey interior!

Requisite dealer parking lot photo. The cab felt like a cockpit after rambling around in my 2000 Grand Cherokee!

20161231_133257.jpg
    20170107_202439.jpg

SouthBoundSteve likes this.
  2. May 12, 2017 at 11:48 PM
    clayz

Member:
    First Name:
    Clay
    Hailey ID
    Vehicle:
    debadged Iron Cross running boards Tri-Fold tonneau cover ptm door handles ptm hood bulge ptm grill surround with black mesh grille black mirror covers Undercover Swing Case custom bed mounted tool carrier rear diff breather mod 40" Curved light bar mounted behind grille 18w backup lights Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers Installing end of May - woohoo!: Total Chaos UCAs front diff drop kit Coachbuilder +3" shackles/cb drop kit Coachbuilder Steering Kit Coachbuilder Shims x3 Cooper Discoverer S/T Maxx LT295/70R18 on Fuel Anzas 1w/20mm offset
    The wife wanted easier access and we get a bit of snow in these parts so Iron Cross patriot running boards and the inexpensive but very functional Tyger Tri-Fold Tonneau were the first purchases.

20170112_174113.jpg
    20170124_112159.jpg

3. May 13, 2017 at 12:13 AM
    clayz

Member:
    First Name:
    Clay
    Hailey ID
    Vehicle:
    I love the range with a 38 gal tank but come on Toyota wheres the f'n storage under the back seat and bed for the must haves like jumper cables (for Chevy's) first aid kit, recover gear (for Chevy's), tools (yep, I carry them for Chevy's), etc? A tool box would take up too much space in the short bed - an Under Cover Swing Box fit the bill and I fabbed some mounts with t-slot nuts, metal bar stock and Quick Fists for a shovel and axe (thanks to @joonbug for the inspiration). i might have to spring for an ESP Trucks under seat storage unit some day so I can really secure larger stuff in the cab.

20170126_212324.jpg
    20170126_213213.jpg

mini BEEFY and joonbug like this.
  4. May 13, 2017 at 12:23 AM
    clayz

Member:
    First Name:
    Clay
    Hailey ID
    Vehicle:
    Time to tackle the chrome next. The hood bulge was easy. I never thought it would be so hard to get a white grille to the house in one piece. Twice they showed damaged and started to wonder if I'd pissed the UPS guy off! After a bit if hassle I returned one at shippers expense and they told me to keep the second one and issued a refund. A little epoxy, a little fiberglass and boom - free super white grille surround for my black mesh grille!

20170204_160108.jpg
    20170204_162306.jpg
    20170204_172853.jpg
    20170204_233559.jpg

5. May 13, 2017 at 12:33 AM
    clayz

Member:
    First Name:
    Clay
    Hailey ID
    Vehicle:
    I loved the look but too much AC and radiator showing through so I found a sheet of SS black mesh and made some brackets from sheet metal so it would sit about an inch behind the grille. I had an LED light bar on the way and I wanted to go for a clean, uncluttered look so I left a cutout in the mesh for the light bar, blacked out everything on the back side of the grille with spray paint and mounted the light bar to the cross member behind the bumper.

20170219_124247.jpg
    20170219_134034.jpg
    20170220_095548.jpg

6. May 13, 2017 at 12:49 AM
    clayz

Member:
    First Name:
    Clay
    Hailey ID
    Vehicle:
    Debadging, ptm door handles and flat black mirror caps got most of the other bling removed. I still need to wrap the bumper caps - I've been too lazy to wash her and get out the heat gun. Better yet, I need to replace the bumper with a Magnum RT and ptm like @desertdawg - my personal hero! :bowdown:

7. May 13, 2017 at 1:03 AM
    clayz

Member:
    First Name:
    Clay
    Hailey ID
    Vehicle:
    SpiderTrax were added next but I had less than 50 miles on them and decided to drop the hammer on new wheels when I ordered my new tires.

20170429_164810.jpg

8. May 13, 2017 at 1:06 AM
    clayz

Member:
    First Name:
    Clay
    Hailey ID
    Vehicle:
    Whew! This how she sits today but Bilstein 6112s/5160s, +3 CB shackles w/poly bushing, 3 CB shims, CB steering kit, CB carrier bearing drop and a diff drop kit are waiting for a weekend trip to my bro's house for some wrenching. Then its down to commercial tire to re-shoe with Fuel Anzas and 295/70R18 S/T maxx. I have to say - couldn't have got this far with out all of you! Hell, just the wheel backspacing alone had me loosing sleep until you all got me straightened out.

20170512_181755.jpg

zcarpenter92 and SouthBoundSteve like this.
  9. May 13, 2017 at 7:29 AM
    BlueBottle

BlueBottle not a PRO

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '16 Platinum 4x4
    See fine print
    Off to a great start! Sharp looking limited u got there!

10. May 13, 2017 at 9:45 AM
    clayz

Member:
    First Name:
    Clay
    Hailey ID
    Vehicle:
    Thanks BlueBottle! That's a super clean Platinum you got there!

BlueBottle[QUOTED] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top