1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Changing headlights and front blinkers to LED

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by 17_TUNDRA_GUY, May 21, 2020.

1. May 21, 2020 at 11:51 AM
    17_TUNDRA_GUY

17_TUNDRA_GUY [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mat
    Vehicle:
    2017 Orange 5.7L Tundra 4x4 SR5 CM
    Icon stage 5 lift, 33s, Icon billet aluminum upper control arms, Air bags, Black Rhino Rims, LEDs
    I bought LED lights for my front blinkers as well as these headlights from headlight revolution: V.4 led headlights
    I've been told I need a resistor of some sort to stop hyper flash does it matter what size or what kind of resistor I need. I've received my blinker for my front but not yet my headlights as I ordered them at separate times are these headlights plug and play or do they come with everything I need to make them work properly?
    Also will I need one resistor per wire for example turn signal to ground and headlight to ground or can I combine turn signal and headlight to ground and only use one resistor?

2. May 21, 2020 at 12:13 PM
    glowblue

glowblue From time to time

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tundra SR5 —> 2021 F-250 XLT
    I can't speak to your LED headlights - but you *may* need a conversion harness. Best to check with HR, they have a lot of videos and info about their products. As far as the LED turn signals, you will need a resistor for both driver/passenger side. The best way to do it is to swap your rear tailight/singals to LEDs and install the resistor on the tail light blinker bulb. Both the front/rear turn signals are on the same circuit - so only need to install resistor on either front or rear - not both. Its easier to install them on the rears anyways - more room.

I can confirm this because I installed LED rear turn signal bulbs and resistors about a month ago, and just yesterday, got around to replacing LEDs in the front turn signals and they work fine with the resistors on the rears.

There are videos on how to install the resistors online, and this thread has some info on the resistor sizing.

2019 TRD Pro headlights with upgraded LED turn signals

3. May 21, 2020 at 1:43 PM
    17_TUNDRA_GUY

17_TUNDRA_GUY [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mat
    Vehicle:
    2017 Orange 5.7L Tundra 4x4 SR5 CM
    Icon stage 5 lift, 33s, Icon billet aluminum upper control arms, Air bags, Black Rhino Rims, LEDs
    Awesome info thank you I did contact headlight revolution and they said that the headlights should work fine plug and play The blinkers will be the only thing that need a resistor

Products Discussed in

To Top