1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Caving in with 2nd or 3rd color choice for a deal?

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by mgh-pa, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Jul 30, 2015 at 1:03 PM
    mgh-pa

mgh-pa [OP] Perpetually a New Member.

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra DC SR5
    I have the opportunity to pick up a well equipped Silver Sky TRD DC 4wd for an excellent price along with 0% financing. Magnetic Metallic was my first choice, but no luck finding one at this price (even this dealer can't get one) for the past month. I know I'll eventually have a lot of black on it, but I'm worried that silver may be to, well, plain. Am I over thinking this? What are the pro's to Silver? Easy to keep clean is a big one. Thoughts?

2. Jul 30, 2015 at 1:40 PM
    lowrider60

lowrider60 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 Toyota Tundra TRD 4X4
    What kinda deal? I'm getting ready to go to the dealership in EASTON,MD to look at a few .Ilike the grey,white, maybe black or silver no red or brown though.The only upgrade I really need is the SR5 upgrade package.Trying to get one for 35k on the road with my truck,10k down and 0 percent financing for 48 months

3. Jul 30, 2015 at 2:18 PM
    Relentless

Relentless Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    East of the Sierras(Reno), Nevada
    Vehicle:
    '14 Crewmax TRD 4x4> '15 Duramax SLT
    Just a few, more to come
    I wanted MGM too but the dealer didnt have it when I was looking either, I ended up with the Silver Sky and I've come to like it. With a few things matched and some things blacked out it looks pretty clean now IMO. I say If you arent fully against the color and can get the price you want I'd do it. Definitely not the worst color, just relatively common. Good excuse for a few personalization mods though. :)

4. Jul 30, 2015 at 5:33 PM
    mgh-pa

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra DC SR5
    15 TRD DC 4wd/5.7 for #36,400 along with 0%/48. Going to have them add a bed liner and I may agree to the deal.

I had them at $36,500 with no 0% on a TRD with stainless steps and the bedliner (41MSRP), but that sold in freight.

They're also being very generous with my trade. $11k for my 05 Tacoma TRD AC with 154,000 miles and some rough edges:D Needs frame replacement as well.

5. Jul 30, 2015 at 5:41 PM
    mdavis

mdavis I need a beer.

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Rock Hill, SC
    That's a pretty decent price for a TRD. I paid $35K out the door for my 2015 CrewMax with just the SR5 upgrade. Sticker was $41xxx. Cant believe you cant find a Magnetic Gray Metallic? That's all my dealer had when I bought mine. So that's what I ended up with.

6. Jul 30, 2015 at 5:48 PM
    mgh-pa

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra DC SR5
    That's not the OTD price. That's before TTL. I would probably go for a Crewmax if I could get it for $35K OTD. Man. Great buy.

There are quite a few dealers within 100 miles that have Magnetic Metallic, but they won't budge on the prices. Most are around $37-39K (DC's, btw).

7. Jul 30, 2015 at 5:54 PM
    mdavis

mdavis I need a beer.

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Rock Hill, SC
    Yep, that's what I hear. Dealers not budging on the price. Guess they know they are going to sell them no matter what. I did have to play hard ball with my dealer. Had a number in my head and if that wasn't met I was walking. That number was $35K. Good luck with your buy!

8. Aug 1, 2015 at 5:55 AM
    lowrider60

lowrider60 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 Toyota Tundra TRD 4X4
    Was trying to make a deal on a white 15 trd that the dealer had for 36,082.with all tax fees,etc it came to 38,600 or so.I came back at 35 k on the road, no deal so I walked away. Next day was last day of month dealer called and gave another 1k on my trade .I came up to 36.5 with10k down and 48 month at 0 interest finance.Dealer strung me along all day via text hoping I would take his offer and finally called and said he could not accept my offer.Once again I walked away.I'm waiting for the 16 to come out and pounce on a 15 at a deal that would give me the warm and fuzzies...btw I'm looking for a SR5 with upgrade package ,5.7, and maybe navigation in met grey .

Products Discussed in

To Top