1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Caught on my security cameras

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Tacogrande, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Apr 28, 2017 at 9:32 AM
    TRDFaux

TRDFaux Irresponsible Adult

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra SR5 Crewmax 4X4
    Toytec level and diff drop, Cooper STT Pro Tires, TRD Pro Grill, blacked out, debadged.
    I guess I'll put in my 2 cents on this.

from my moral perspective on drugs, I don't care one bit if someone wants to get high. Don't care if its smoking weed or banging heroin. If that's what they want to do so be it. Its their body and their choice. Just do it at home and don't hurt anyone in the process.

how ever when you are operating machinery and driving now you are putting other people at risk and I'm not ok with that.

A few people have argued that its none of your business and that its not worth ruining this guys career over. I have to disagree.

There are so many times in my career I have been washing the blood out of my turnout gear thinking, if someone had just stopped them a few minutes before, if they hadn't had that one last drink, or driven high , than the other person that was just minding their own business would be at home, with their family, and I wouldn't have to remember seeing just how much blood can pool in the back seat of a car from just one person(and its a lot). if someone had just done something to stop it before it happened.

Wvmoonshiner, Medic, 15whtrd and 6 others like this.
  2. Apr 28, 2017 at 9:33 AM
    HBdirtbag

HBdirtbag New Member

Member:
    Walnut Creek, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 limited cm

I'd report that in a heartbeat. But some people on the corner smoking a joint.....wouldn't bother me. This actually just came up in a neighborhood forum....some kids smoke pot at a park one night and this guy called the cops. He was livid the cops didn't get there immediately. I'm thinking the cops felt they had much better things to do.

Teriks likes this.
  3. Apr 28, 2017 at 9:42 AM
    joonbug

joonbug °°°°°°°°°°

Member:
    First Name:
    Joon
    NorCal - Dublin
    Vehicle:
    2020 Long Travel DC
    And weed doesn't make you swerve on the freeway. You might forget where you were going, but you don't swerve dangerously. Alcohol does that. Don't drink and drive.

SMILE and Y0TA PR0 like this.
  4. Apr 28, 2017 at 9:48 AM
    Randy Morton

Randy Morton Life takes its toll, please have exact change.

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Deepinahearta, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tundra Double Cab, Beta Variant (I call it my Land Yacht)
    Probably correct, but that assumes that the head cheerleader isn't overpriced and will sell to someone like them.

joonbug likes this.
  5. Apr 28, 2017 at 9:52 AM
    joonbug

joonbug °°°°°°°°°°

Member:
    First Name:
    Joon
    NorCal - Dublin
    Vehicle:
    2020 Long Travel DC
    If she's head cheerleader and selling overpriced dope... she'll also be Prom Queen.

6. Apr 28, 2017 at 9:53 AM
    tomsinamerica

tomsinamerica New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Wilmington, NC
    Vehicle:
    White 2016 Tundra DC ltd
    While i get your point - it's all well and good until someone ends up in hospital. If i discovered that someone, under the influence, killed a loved one of mine while operating heavy machinery, I'm not so sure I'd be as carefree as you seem to be.

Conversely, if i had witnessed someone doing such, and that person went on to kill someone by repeating the behavior, I'm not sure i would be able to look at myself in the mirror.

I trust your approach wouldn't be so relaxed if these people were passing around a bottle of scotch?

7. Apr 28, 2017 at 9:53 AM
    Black Wolf

Black Wolf Bigfoot Hunter, Sasquatch too, but not Yeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way
    Those guys on the tree trim crew probably used to work for Dodge.............

15whtrd, Patriot, joonbug and 2 others like this.
  8. Apr 28, 2017 at 10:57 AM
    HBdirtbag

HBdirtbag New Member

Member:
    Walnut Creek, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 limited cm

with that said....do you stand outside of bars calling the cops on everyone that leaves...for fear they "may" get in a car.....?

9. Apr 28, 2017 at 11:21 AM
    Law323

Law323 it’s only weird if you make it weird

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Toytec BOSS suspension lift @ 3" (front) Toytec BOSS remote resi's (back) 1" Toytec block (rear) 275/70r18 Toyo AT2 Info system mod 3D MAXpider Kagu floor mats LED interior lights 50% ceramic tint front windows 35% ceramic tint windshield brow Bed mounted YETI bottle opener Paracord wrapped oh Sh!t bars 3" stubby antennae TRD sway bar Upcoming: LED backup lights OEM Backup camera Iron Cross Patriot step bars Trifold or roll up tonneau cover
    That isn't remotely comparable to what happened.

It was caught on his camera, he wasn't looking and waiting for some illegal activity. He ran across it.

Wouldn't you call and report someone driving drunk while you were on the same street?? You might not, but that's a danger to others and even to yourself. they kill a family, a wife, a daughter, someone, ten minutes after you saw them......who's fault is it? It was preventable by their hand of course, but also by your action. IMO that happens, bloods on your hands too.

Not being a dick, just have had entirely too many friends in fatal accidents like that.

Black Wolf, Medic, Patriot and 2 others like this.
  10. Apr 28, 2017 at 11:54 AM
    TXMiamiFan

TXMiamiFan SSEM #3 and tractor extraordinaire

Member:
    First Name:
    Jose
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 White Crew Max TRD
    TRD Pro Grille, ESP Storage, Tailgate Inserts, Line-X Bedliner, Weathertech Floorliners, Wet Okole Seat Covers, 5" Shorty Antenna, Mickey Thompson MM-366 Wheels, ToyTec Boss, 35" BFG KO2 to name a few.
    Drunk driving, yes. Standing in an alley smoking pot, no. Now if it is and he drives, different ball game. Calling cops with license plate #, description of vehicle and occupant.

Y0TA PR0 likes this.
  11. Apr 28, 2017 at 11:59 AM
    TRDFaux

TRDFaux Irresponsible Adult

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra SR5 Crewmax 4X4
    Toytec level and diff drop, Cooper STT Pro Tires, TRD Pro Grill, blacked out, debadged.
    however reaction time is affected and that is a big issue when driving a chip truck pulling a chipper. That is the difference between safely stopping and a squished kid.

12. Apr 28, 2017 at 12:03 PM
    Law323

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Toytec BOSS suspension lift @ 3" (front) Toytec BOSS remote resi's (back) 1" Toytec block (rear) 275/70r18 Toyo AT2 Info system mod 3D MAXpider Kagu floor mats LED interior lights 50% ceramic tint front windows 35% ceramic tint windshield brow Bed mounted YETI bottle opener Paracord wrapped oh Sh!t bars 3" stubby antennae TRD sway bar Upcoming: LED backup lights OEM Backup camera Iron Cross Patriot step bars Trifold or roll up tonneau cover
    I get it, it is apples and oranges, but this is operating heavy machinery in an area where there are bound to be passerbies and residents. Doing that while high is a huge liability and frankly, not something I would want my employees doing.

Standing in an alley smoking pot...psh, who cares? i agree with that, but this is a much more dangerous situation than standing in an alley toking up, or even having an office job and smoking a J on your break.

SMILE likes this.
  13. Apr 28, 2017 at 12:12 PM
    joonbug

joonbug °°°°°°°°°°

Member:
    First Name:
    Joon
    NorCal - Dublin
    Vehicle:
    2020 Long Travel DC
    Yeah, definitely not condoning driving while high. Just something I've noticed over the years. Most people actually drive slower and concentrate harder when they're high. Drunk drivers can't concentrate if they wanted to. Sober drivers drive very carelessly, lots of distracted driving. You rarely see a high driver trying to text while they're driving. And a sober person driving and texting is way more dangerous than a high driver who's concentrating. With that said, I never drive intoxicated... atleast haven't since I've had kids. High, drunk, distracted... ALL BADDDDD!!!

SMILE, MatthewPTguy, Patriot and 2 others like this.
  14. Apr 28, 2017 at 12:12 PM
    TXMiamiFan

TXMiamiFan SSEM #3 and tractor extraordinaire

Member:
    First Name:
    Jose
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 White Crew Max TRD
    TRD Pro Grille, ESP Storage, Tailgate Inserts, Line-X Bedliner, Weathertech Floorliners, Wet Okole Seat Covers, 5" Shorty Antenna, Mickey Thompson MM-366 Wheels, ToyTec Boss, 35" BFG KO2 to name a few.
    I think we need to see pics or video. We are making assumptions of what went down and judging accordingly; just creating an argument amongst ourselves for no reason. Still fun tho. So what was the OP's final answer, did I miss it?

joonbug and Law323[QUOTED] like this.
  15. Apr 28, 2017 at 12:19 PM
    Law323

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    That I agree with! LOL all speculation until we see evidence!!

TXMiamiFan[QUOTED] and joonbug like this.
  16. Apr 28, 2017 at 12:20 PM
    joonbug

joonbug °°°°°°°°°°

Member:
    First Name:
    Joon
    NorCal - Dublin
    Vehicle:
    2020 Long Travel DC
    Yes, this video would make my day. :D

Law323 and TXMiamiFan like this.
  17. Apr 28, 2017 at 1:40 PM
    tomsinamerica

tomsinamerica New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Wilmington, NC
    Vehicle:
    White 2016 Tundra DC ltd
    Nope, but if I saw someone drunk, get in a car and I couldn't stop them, damn straight I'd call the cops... Losing friends to assholes too cheap to get a cab kinda cements that in your brain

joonbug and Law323 like this.
  18. Apr 28, 2017 at 4:11 PM
    MotoTundra

MotoTundra The Ocho

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    -TRS Mini D2S Retrofit on TRD Pro Headlights (Apollo 2.0 Shrouds, 35w XB Ballasts, 5500k Bulbs) -Baja Designs Squadron R Sport Aux lights. -TRD Pro Grill -TRD Rear Sway Bar -BakFlip VP Tonneau w/BakBox -Dipped wheels & bumpers -Iron Cross HD steps -Undercover Swingcase -SunTek Paint Protection film -Tinted glass -Bedmat -OEM Towing Mirrors
    The point I'm trying to make is just because you aren't a police officer doesn't mean you have to do nothing. If you aren't a fire fighter you can still use a fire extinguisher if you want.

Suspected alcohol DUI vs. suspected marijuana use while operating heavy equipment is comparing apples to oranges, but everyone takes their own life experiences and make a decisions based on what they feel is right, where to draw the line, in their mind.

19. Apr 28, 2017 at 4:22 PM
    TXRailRoadBandit73

TXRailRoadBandit73 YOTAS,RAILROADIN',RÖKnRÖLLN',BEER,MAX/GEMMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    The 956, TEXAS
    None yet
    If it were my situation...send it to tv show what would you do? o_O

Patriot[QUOTED] and Law323 like this.
  20. Apr 28, 2017 at 5:02 PM
    Patriot

Patriot Member

Member:
    Western NC, “Boondocks”
    Great idea!

Law323 likes this.
  21. Apr 28, 2017 at 11:52 PM
    Tacogrande

Tacogrande [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Vehicle:
    2016 SR5 dbl. cab long bed gray
    Husky weatherbeaters,short antenna,window deflectors
    Thanks for the responses. I wont have any time for at least another week but i will deal with it as i see fit.

Law323 likes this.
  22. Apr 29, 2017 at 2:42 AM
    rons23

rons23 Get The Led Out!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Kill Devil Hills
    Vehicle:
    2008 Nautical Blue TRD
    Sabm (Gtek-Fab), Blake Carbon Diamond Plate door sil protecters, and Air Dam mod, Black Rivited Grill, Devil Horns- Black Anodized(Diaz Fabrication), Hid's in Low Beams and Fogs -6000k, Piaa Extreme for High Beams. Black Rhino Step Tubes, Razir Led interior Lights (white), Low Profile Black Diamond Plate Tool Box, Trd accesories, Weather Tech Mats, Carbon Fiber Shorty Antenna, Drl's, Plasta Dipped Badges + Front Grill Surround
    Smok'em if ya got'em. Seriously though, my .02 is unless there on your property, leave it alone. You definitely don't want any trouble or retaliation.

23. Apr 29, 2017 at 7:16 AM
    Patriot

Patriot Member

Member:
    Western NC, “Boondocks”
  24. Apr 29, 2017 at 7:35 AM
    kenomouth64

kenomouth64 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tetrus
    Vehicle:
    2007 Toyota Tundra Sr5 4x4 (TRD Off Road) Crewmax 5.7L
    Hold the Line! If you are not holding the line, abandon your ship. Destruction is inevitable without more to hold the line!
    I guess I am the only one of the opinion that one should just mind his/her own business, unless it in affecting them, or could affect them in the future.
    I mean, if you are concerned about the heavy machinery operators using heavy machinery around your home, while under the influence of narcotics, I would report it.
    As for the school kids, I would just let them be, as something like this could cause them great difficulties(employment and education prospects) for the rest of their lives.
    Which would be a greater slight to your 'integrity'? Knowing that those school kids have to spend the rest of their lives in poverty for a silly mistake, when they were in high school. On the other hand, what if the impaired machine operators, screw up, and end up killing someone by accident?
    These are all things one should consider when meddling in others affairs, when you are concerned about your own "moral righteousness".

Products Discussed in

To Top