1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Car Wash got my antenna

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by daven, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Dec 30, 2019 at 6:26 AM
    daven

daven [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra Double Cab Limited
    Well, tried to drill out my broken stud with a 7/64 left hand drill bit and even with just a little pressure, the stud and interior parts of the antenna housing push down inside the truck. Just a little pressure and it keeps going down so I'm not able to get the drill even started, let alone try to extract it.. Not sure what to do, anyone have any luck having the dealership remove? Would warranty possibly cover?

2. Dec 30, 2019 at 10:09 AM
    Done That

Done That New Member

Member:
    Mine was broken when i bought the truck used. I bought a replacement antenna base and a Shakespeare center splice connector, removed fender liner and repaired it. Its an expensive job to rewire all the way back to head unit, have to remove alot of interior parts.

Reception is pretty decent but i'm still using a factory height mast. For how little i use the radio versus usb & phone by BT its an acceptable fix for me.

3. Dec 30, 2019 at 10:22 AM
    1lowlife

1lowlife Toxic prick and pavement princess..

Member:
    First Name:
    DADA
    THE GREAT STATE OF TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2014 MGM DC SR5
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  4. Dec 30, 2019 at 12:44 PM
    cachais

cachais New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Crewmax
    I snapped my antenna off too on my 2018 Tundra and tried to follow the repair youtube video out there but that did not work for me. Instead I took a skinny metal punch, centered it on the snapped bolt and gave it a medium tap with a hammer dead center. I then used a left handed drill bit and lined it up with the hole from the tap. Put the drill in reverse, applied a little pressure and slowly advanced the drill. Once the bit grabbed, the snapped bolt twisted right out. I bought the set of left handed bits from Harbor Freight (Sku # 61686)for six bucks with coupon. Hope that helps.

Products Discussed in

To Top