1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

CAR ID experience - Normal?

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundra Parts Marketplace (2014-2021)' started by TXDrifter, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Jun 10, 2019 at 10:50 AM
    TXDrifter

TXDrifter [OP] BlueGrass Crew

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Louisville, KY
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra MGM DC
    My first time ordering from CAR ID. I ordered a Fram air filter for $15.39 and noticed that they were charging me $10.62 shipping plus tax. Well I decided to call them to see if they may have accidentally over charged me. i mean $10.62 for 1 air filter.. So after speaking with them and finding out it was not a mistake I decided to cancel the order, which they were unable to, so they offered a $15.00 gift card for next time, but I replied that $15.00 will be eatin up in bloated shipping cost and not worth it. And I was told there with be a $3.00 restocking fee.

So my first time with them and my last.. $10.00 shipping for something weighs an few ounces?

/rant off

Jeff

2. Jun 10, 2019 at 10:59 AM
    Trooper2

Trooper2 Premium Lone Star Member / SSEM #13

Member:
    First Name:
    JR
    Houston, TX (Suburban South)
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tundra 5.7 L Double Cab TRD 2WD
    TSS 20's with Cooper ATP ll's, N Fab 3 Step Nerf Bars,, Pioneer AVIC-8100NEX, Masters Tailgate Replacement Latch with Camera, 1" Maxtrac Shackles, LED Interiors/Brake/Reverse/Cargo/Fog Bulbs, Fumoto Drain Valve, Toyota Aluminium Oil Filter Housing, TRD Shift Knob, Courtesy Door Projector LEDs with Toyota Emblem, Console Tray and Lower Divider.
    Seems a bit high for shipping, would be upset as well. It may be a minimum charge.

Lesson learned. I have gotten into the habit of always checking the shipping rates before completing a purchase for this same reason. Likely you could have paid a few $ more elsewhere with free shipping but came out ahead.

Have found most items like this on Ebay or Amazon with free shipping.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
    JohnLakeman and Migraine like this.
  3. Jun 10, 2019 at 11:11 AM
    TXDrifter

TXDrifter [OP] BlueGrass Crew

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Louisville, KY
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra MGM DC
    Oh I take full responsibility for this, I should have paid attention to the shipping, but i ASSUMED it would be maybe $5.00 high side.. But as to ordering from AMAZON, which i usually do, I could not find the right size of filter. My filter for some reason is 10"x12" not 12"x14" and CAR ID is where i found it. Not sure why my air filter is an odd size.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
    Trooper2[QUOTED] likes this.
  4. Jun 10, 2019 at 11:21 AM
    831Tun

831Tun heartless Bastrd

Member:
    First Name:
    Warren
    Santa Cruz
    Vehicle:
    '16 CM limited
    TC long travel. Deaver 420 SU leaf packs.
    The post office is going under so shipping costs have gone up. I dunno if that's fact or fiction but that's what it seems like to me.:notsure:

Trooper2 and TXDrifter[OP] like this.
  5. Jun 10, 2019 at 11:33 AM
    timsp8

timsp8 Former Tundra owner for 13 years

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Limited Crewmax - Traded In
    I ordered something through them years ago. I dont remember the details, but I remember it was a bad experience. I think they wouldn’t give me a military discount as they advertise.

This doesn’t really help, but every time I search for something and see them I skip right past. I mostly use Amazon or autoanything.

Trooper2 and TXDrifter[OP] like this.
  6. Jun 10, 2019 at 11:43 AM
    MOTORHEAD

MOTORHEAD New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    DAVID
    LOS ANGELES CA
    Vehicle:
    2002 Toyota Tundra SR5 V-8 4.7L WHITE
    RCD 6" SUSPENSION LIFT,ICON EXTENDED FRONT COILOVERS,3" BODY LIFT,CAMBURG UPPER CONTROL ARMS.REAR DISK BRAKE CONVERSION,BIG BRAKE FRONT CONVERSION, AND MANY MORE
    I had a bad experience, I ordered some icon front coilovers because they had a good price.after I ordered them I got an email saying they did not have in stock, called them to find out what was going on, website says in stock ready to ship I was informed they are out of stock and unavailable, total bull crap the old bait and switch method, they gave me a refund but took 6 weeks. I won’t shop there ever again

Istvank11, Tundyfundy and Trooper2 like this.
  7. Jun 10, 2019 at 1:24 PM
    ChrisTRDPro

ChrisTRDPro New Member

Member:
    MT
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra TRD Pro CM
    Yep, same experience here. They always shift the blame to the "manufacturer", no matter what.
    Tried them twice, had same experience both times. Never again.

Trooper2 likes this.
  8. Jun 10, 2019 at 1:28 PM
    JohnLakeman

JohnLakeman Burning Internet Daylight

Member:
    Outside of Weird, TX
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM DC TSS 4.6L
    TRD Pro grille, 2018 LED Headlights, Undercover Flex bed cover, Neoprene seat covers, Bed/tailgate mats, Power tailgate lock, auto headlights, illuminated key switch
    Checking shipped price is always good advice. Low prices, astronomical handling and shipping fees are a popular vendor scam.

Am-Uh-Zohn. Prime. Plug in your Toyota part number, and it'll pop up often in the case of routine maintenance items. From genuine Toyota dealers (but not always cheapest). Free shipping almost always. Have it in your hot little hand day after tomorrow. Sometimes sooner...ordered something yesterday morning (Sunday), received by USPS this morning (Monday). :thumbsup:

Trooper2 likes this.
  9. Jun 10, 2019 at 2:57 PM
    MOTORHEAD

MOTORHEAD New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    DAVID
    LOS ANGELES CA
    Vehicle:
    2002 Toyota Tundra SR5 V-8 4.7L WHITE
    RCD 6" SUSPENSION LIFT,ICON EXTENDED FRONT COILOVERS,3" BODY LIFT,CAMBURG UPPER CONTROL ARMS.REAR DISK BRAKE CONVERSION,BIG BRAKE FRONT CONVERSION, AND MANY MORE
    I ended up getting coilovers from off-road warehouse for a little more, no problems at all. Not shopping at that other place ever

10. Jun 10, 2019 at 3:02 PM
    omgboost

omgboost The Accountant

Member:
    East Coast
    Vehicle:
    2012 Sequoia Platinum
    The prices are higher with free shipping on Amazon because the shipping price is already included. I’ve pretty much resorted to ordering everything I need now and in the future and order from Mcgeorge Toyota so I only pay shipping once.

JohnLakeman[QUOTED] likes this.
  11. Jun 10, 2019 at 3:29 PM
    Black Wolf

Black Wolf Bigfoot Hunter, Sasquatch too, but not Yeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way
    Too late but..................stay away from CARID!!! I used my card and two ATM withdrawals were done within hours only a couple blocks from CARID's N Jersey office. Totaled over $220 cash.

JohnLakeman likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top