1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Buying appliances at Lowes

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Kung, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Mar 25, 2021 at 5:35 PM
    Cpl_Punishment

Cpl_Punishment Young men never die.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rosy
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM SR5 CM 4X4
    Boost Auto mirrors, RSB, Leer Legend canopy, Line-X bed liner
    I was going to say that I thought of one exception to that, which is that I'm never shopping at The Brick again, but they've been owned by Leon's since like 2011.

Outbound[QUOTED] likes this.
  2. Mar 25, 2021 at 5:36 PM
    Squatting Pigeon

Squatting Pigeon Squattingpigeon.com Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Holden
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    GR Corolla
    Good man :fistbump:

3. Mar 25, 2021 at 5:47 PM
    trucksareforgirls2

trucksareforgirls2 New Member

Member:
    Northeast USA
    Vehicle:
    2020 Voodoo Blue TRD Off-Road

If you got the rapid test it’s VERY inaccurate, but most places know that and will send it out. Hope u guys feel better soon.
    -t

Kung[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  4. Mar 25, 2021 at 6:25 PM
    Kung

Kung [OP] Dead sexy

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    KG, VA
    Vehicle:
    2020 SR5 CM 4WD, TRD Off-Road, Voodoo Blue
    Spiffy console tray Spiffy N-Fab steps Spiffy Katzkin seats
    Yep, I do know (wife's a nurse). They also sent out the normal test and it too showed negative. Good looking out for others, though. :fistbump: And thank you!

5. Mar 25, 2021 at 6:35 PM
    landphil

landphil Fish are food, not friends!

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    ‘08 TRD doublecab
    Yup, walked into a Brick once. That sounds bad, and it was. Never again.

6. Mar 26, 2021 at 9:09 AM
    Kung

Kung [OP] Dead sexy

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    KG, VA
    Vehicle:
    Update:

So I called and got a hold of the manager. Delivery is scheduled for next Thursday now....kind of annoying, but it can't be helped I suppose.

YardBird likes this.
  7. Mar 30, 2021 at 7:09 AM
    mtb-sam

mtb-sam New Member

Member:
    Ive been thinking about getting a costco membership simply just for the warranty

8. Mar 30, 2021 at 7:27 AM
    YorkT

YorkT New Member

Member:
    A couple of years ago I had ordered appliances from Home Depot. They were to be delivered on a Friday right before a big snow storm was supposed to hit. I received their automated message that they were to be delivered within a half hour but nobody showed up. I could not reach a real person for an update because everything is automated. I guess the delivery guys quit early even though it wasn't snowing yet. The next day while it was snowing, I was messaging a local store. He priced out everything for me and was slightly higher than HD. I had everything ordered and dealt with a real person through the entire delivery process. I waited for HD to reach out to me to reschedule, they never called. I finally called them and cancelled the order. Probably staying away from big box from now on.

9. Mar 30, 2021 at 7:38 AM
    kittyhawk

kittyhawk New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Houston/Buffalo Texas!!!!
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Crewmax SR5 4x4
    6112/5160. Ranchhand rear bumper and Valhallas Shields.
    Heck your going to have better luck buying used off Craigslist from the Nigerian prince than dealing with Lowes. A few years ago I broke my wrist the day before Lowes was to deliver a fridge. My wife called and called and no one would answer or call her back. The Dam delivery Idiots didn’t call, they dropped it off in the driveway by the garage door In the Fracking Rain. After a Face to Face with the Store manager and a call to the District manager it was picked up a week later, we got a full refund and a $100 gift card. I swear they used Uncle bob and the retarted nephew for their delivery service.

10. Mar 30, 2021 at 7:53 AM
    BCaffo112

BCaffo112 New Member

Member:
    Rockingham County, VA
    Dude, I hope you didn't order the Samsung French door fridge with the ice maker in the door! There is a class action law suit and a simple youtube search will show you what I am talking about. You will be defrosting that shit every other month. I've had mine replaced 3 times for free and keeps doing the same thing. Samsung is JUNK and customer service is even worse.

kittyhawk likes this.
  11. Mar 30, 2021 at 8:12 AM
    Kung

Kung [OP] Dead sexy

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    KG, VA
    Vehicle:
    Well, actually, the issue in my case (and I assume most cases) wasn't the delivery guys. The delivery guys were on point. It's just that once a delivery is setup, Lowe's essentially says "Ok it's their baby." LOL

When I called back the other day, Lowe's says "Well, delivery guys have the service order; you'll need to call them." Delivery guys correctly said "Uh, no, you bought it FROM Lowe's, and THEY issue us the service order....so you'll need to reschedule through them."

So I called them back last week and said "Look, both sides are pointing at the other; I don't care. Either help me get this rescheduled, or I'll just cancel the order."

They got it rescheduled in 5 minutes flat. :rolleyes:

I did order a Samsung French door fridge; but *NOT* the one with the ice maker in the door. Got the one with the bottom freezer. I was very careful to buy one that multiple people I know who own Samsungs have bought AND have been happy with.

Plus our current fridge's ice maker doesn't work anyways due to riDICulously hard water and how the previous idio...er, owner of the house (lol) ran the water line. So I'm rerunning the water line this weekend for a much shorter run.

Concerning Samsung....BELIEVE me, in the past I've been vehemently against using them, but I have to say their overall build quality has gotten better, and statistically, they're even with the others. Plus we bought the 5 year service warranty from Lowe's, *NOT* Samsung, so I won't have to deal with Samsung at all. If we have multiple issues in the future, we'll just chalk it up to a loss and never again own Samsung appliances. But with that said.....I own 3 Samsung TVs (the oldest 13 years) and they've all been flawless, so we shall see.

12. Mar 30, 2021 at 8:13 AM
    Kung

Kung [OP] Dead sexy

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    KG, VA
    Vehicle:
    I'd love to do that, and in the future I may...but where I live, there are *VERY* few independent appliance stores that are worth a damn.

13. Mar 30, 2021 at 8:36 AM
    Megaman

Megaman New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra Limited DC 4X4 TRD Silver Sky Metallic
    I like going to Lowe's locally because they offer a 10% military discount. Menard's doesn't offer any discounts for military, and until I read this post I didn't know that Home Depot offers one....

- As far as Samsung products, I've had good and bad. I have a side-by-side fridge that I've had to replace the ice maker/water solenoid valve when it began leaking after 3 years of use, and the ice maker itself seems to always jam up. I also have a set of Samsung front loading washer/dryers. They've done OK....I just had to replace the drum hub assembly on the washer after 5 years of use. It's made out of pot metal and it basically corroded and fell apart. Looking on the web, they will last anywhere from 4-6 years before they fail. I have a Samsung LED tv I bought 7 years ago, and it's been great. - But I also bought a larger Samsung LED tv on a Black Friday special for 1,000 bucks and it only lasted 1-1/2 years and the power supply went out. I think most all brands are made in the same place, so its a crap shoot sometimes if it'll be good or bad.

14. Mar 30, 2021 at 9:27 AM
    Cpl_Punishment

Cpl_Punishment Young men never die.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rosy
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM SR5 CM 4X4
    Boost Auto mirrors, RSB, Leer Legend canopy, Line-X bed liner
    A class action lawsuit for having to defrost a fridge... There are too many lawyers in the US.

15. Mar 30, 2021 at 9:44 AM
    Kung

Kung [OP] Dead sexy

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    KG, VA
    Vehicle:
    I did, but Lowe's is 15 miles away and Home Depot is like 60 miles away, so... *shrug*

My experience has been about the same. Where I live, the water is RIDICULOUSLY hard, so I'm not at all concerned about the ice maker working all that well, long-term. If it craps out, we'll just remove the ice maker itself and use trays in the same bin. LOL So long as the rest of it works, I'm good. We had the same experience as you with our Samsung washer - it lasted 3 years, and then the motherboard went out at a cost of $400.

Bought a set of LG washer and dryer; that was 8 years ago and they've had absolutely no issues, so I'll likely replace parts on them when or if they break. :)

Products Discussed in

To Top