1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

bunch of dash warnings lights after start

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by TTund16, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Jan 14, 2019 at 10:50 PM
    TTund16

TTund16 [OP] New Member

Member:
    I started the car and had 3 warning lights on. Also the dash said contact dealer ... Warning LEDs:
    1-ABS
    2-BSM
    3-Traction control
    4-Contact dealer msg & also traction control off or something to that effect
    I
    I let the car run for I think 18 minutes while I was looking and checking things ... to see i find any bad or disconnected or chewed up wires ... Engine sounded VERY smooth so I wasn't worried during this time.
    Anyways turned the car off and on and all was good. Drove for another 30 min and no issues!

What the hell is going on? Tacoma never did this.

Car info:
    2016 v8 trd off. No one near tires or the engine in many months except maybe a mouse! lol just kidding that was my first guess.

2. Jan 15, 2019 at 3:41 AM
    Berettafan

Berettafan New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 CM
    How’s the battery? Had the truck been sitting for a very long time?

TTund16[OP] and 15whtrd like this.
  3. Jan 15, 2019 at 6:04 AM
    finn

finn New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Same thing just happened to me. Ended up being the rear wheel bearing went out. Was causing the ABS to malfunction and throw a bunch of codes.

TTund16[OP] likes this.
  4. Jan 15, 2019 at 12:07 PM
    TTund16

TTund16 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Car was sitting since before the new year! Started fine but I recall the voltage was 11.98v (not healthy) after I switched to ignition on. I assume it dropped even lower when I was starting the car ...
    You are a genius! It never crossed my mind that may be the problem since the car started very strong.
    I have a feeling it may be the battery. It died on me last time I was on vacation!
    I've read about Tundra batteries dying early. My Tacoma battery lasted 8 or 9 years!

I had the switch on ignition on for a little while before starting. Was looking for my scangauge.
    Curios what kind of test the car runs to fail abs/bsm/traction before car starts and how low voltage impacts that! Do you know?
    Sound like a poor design. If the car is up and running with voltage @14.4 volts, it should clear the faults instead of turning the traction control off. Maybe Trac off LED was on but the system was still functional. Don't know!

@finn
    Good to know about wheel bearing. I don't have lots of miles on the car. Hope it's not going bad!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019

Products Discussed in

To Top