1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bully Dog GT T+ worth the buy????

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by AnonVet, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Sep 6, 2016 at 8:23 AM
    AnonVet

AnonVet [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Canyon Country
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra SR5 CM Lifted and Leveled
    3in Level, Bilstein Shocks, 33x18x9.5 M/T's, murdered out and debadged, LED's all around, and some other stuff I can't think of
    Hey guys, I've been hearing some chatter about a tuner option for the tundra. I've currently for a 2015 CM SR5 5.7L and I'm curious if any of yall have any experience with this? I'm failry new to the Tundra game so take it easy on me in this is a huge no-no. It says that is can "wake up" my truck and provide an extra +71hp and +70 lbs of torque. I wheel my truck and try to get it stuck as often as I get the chance (yes I know it's an expensive truck but damn it's too much fun) so I'm wondering if this would be a good addition. It's sitting at $429 on most sites as well. Also, says it will help out with gas mileage. Any thoughts???

http://www.tundraheadquarters.com/blog/toyota-tundra-tuning-bully-dog/tuner.jpg

2. Sep 6, 2016 at 12:39 PM
    dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds New Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Vehicle:
    2003 and 2013 tundra
    more than I can list here
    Give me a call. 760-877-4234

I can do a lot better than that. I'm an authorized dealer for bullydog so I have to advertise map pricing.

Dirtydeedsindustries.com

Krezz, RowdyRon, Sean266 and 2 others like this.
  3. Sep 6, 2016 at 12:43 PM
    AnonVet

AnonVet [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Canyon Country
    Vehicle:
    3in Level, Bilstein Shocks, 33x18x9.5 M/T's, murdered out and debadged, LED's all around, and some other stuff I can't think of
    760? Where are you located? Just got back to my office and checking out the cite now.

4. Sep 6, 2016 at 1:06 PM
    dirtydeeds

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Vehicle:
    2003 and 2013 tundra
    Escondido ca. But I can ship for free.

RowdyRon and Sean266 like this.
  5. Sep 7, 2016 at 1:32 AM
    gosolo

gosolo If you go solo you better go prepared

Member:
    Central AZ
    Vehicle:
    2015 DC Super White Pro
    2"CB shackles, bushings and 1 shim, lockerdown console vault, rear folding seat back mod, snugtop shell with opening side windows, 48g fuel tank, SDHQ sliders and hidden winch, Decked Drawers, Icon leaf spring packs and got rid of the interior chrome
    Interested to know how this works out

6. Sep 7, 2016 at 6:44 AM
    AnonVet

AnonVet [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Canyon Country
    Vehicle:
    I'm in santa clarita so it'd be a quick ship lol.

7. Sep 7, 2016 at 6:48 AM
    AnonVet

AnonVet [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Canyon Country
    Vehicle:
    I'm under the impression that it's plug and play and easy to download. There are upgrades you can download to it from the bully dog site also. Don't take my word for it but this is just what I heard, it kind of takes control the computer and does various things. There are certain modes you can drive under. Performance and fuel economy.

gosolo likes this.
  8. Sep 7, 2016 at 7:41 AM
    CaptTyler

CaptTyler www.fishcharlotteharbor.com

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM Crewmax
    Bilstein 5100's F&R +2 CB Shims CB +2 Shackles 295-65-20 Toyo AT2 BAMuffler 7" Spidertrax 1.25" G-Tek SABM / aFe Pro Dry S (Charcoal Delete) Husky X-ACT Floor Mats All LED Interior / Reverse Lights / Cargo Lights Philips Xtreme Vision Headlights
    Just call Keith, he'll tell ya everything you need to know. He's the man.

RowdyRon likes this.
  9. Oct 24, 2016 at 12:46 PM
    Dustydirt19

Dustydirt19 Hoghead

Member:
    First Name:
    Dustin
    Duluth, MN
    Vehicle:
    2015 Blue Ribbon Metallic 5.7L SR5 TRD DC
    Gibson Metal Mulisha cat-back exhaust, S&B cold air intake, N-Fab Hooped Nerf Bars, big stick antenna, sales organizer and tray, weathertech laser cut floor mats, weathertech window deflectors To come...... Toytec boss 3" lift with uca's and shackles Bushwacker fender flares Iron cross pre-runner front bumper and rear bumper Long way to go!!
    Couple questions... sorry im a newb:annoyed:

1. This I'm assuming is a better option than the hypertech inceptor because of the code problems?
    2. Will this be affected at all cause I have an S&B CAI?
    3. Does this calibrate the speedo for bigger tire size? If not can it be used in conjunction with the hypertech in line speedo calibrator

10. Oct 24, 2016 at 9:37 PM
    dirtydeeds

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Vehicle:
    2003 and 2013 tundra
    1. I certainly prefer bully over hyper anytime BullyDog supports the vehicle.

2. Yes. You will get a check engine light. You'll want the stock intake.

3. It does not calibrate. You'll need a hyper tech calibrator. The calibrator and BullyDog will play together just fine.

11. Oct 25, 2016 at 3:35 AM
    joem1cha3l

joem1cha3l New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Vehicle:
    2016 Double Cab SR5 Blazing Blue Pearl
    Toytec Level,33" Cooper STT Pros, Spyder Headlights 15% Tint, Truxedo Cover, Spidertrax 1.25" Spacers
    Do they make this tuner for the 4.6L?

12. Oct 25, 2016 at 5:03 AM
    Dustydirt19

Dustydirt19 Hoghead

Member:
    First Name:
    Dustin
    Duluth, MN
    Vehicle:
    Gibson Metal Mulisha cat-back exhaust, S&B cold air intake, N-Fab Hooped Nerf Bars, big stick antenna, sales organizer and tray, weathertech laser cut floor mats, weathertech window deflectors To come...... Toytec boss 3" lift with uca's and shackles Bushwacker fender flares Iron cross pre-runner front bumper and rear bumper Long way to go!!
    Will it hurt anything having a CAI and the CEL on? Don't wanna be out the 350 spent on it. Also would it be necessary to have a BullyDog with 295 70 18 tires or is it just an added bonus. Lastly will having an aftermarket remote start mess with it at all

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  13. Oct 25, 2016 at 8:22 AM
    dirtydeeds

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Vehicle:
    2003 and 2013 tundra
    Won't hurt anything. But I wouldn't want it. Truck will run better with no check engine light.

Not necessary to ha w bullydog. Dollar per hp is pretty good tho. Definitely worth doing.

Bullydog will never notice remote start.

14. Oct 25, 2016 at 8:49 AM
    Dustydirt19

Dustydirt19 Hoghead

Member:
    First Name:
    Dustin
    Duluth, MN
    Vehicle:
    I'd love to get it but just don't want to have to eat the price of the CAI. Any way around the code? Tricking it I guess

15. Oct 26, 2016 at 6:42 PM
    dirtydeeds

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Vehicle:
    2003 and 2013 tundra
    Nah. That defeats the purpose of the BullyDog.

16. Oct 27, 2016 at 2:29 PM
    Dustydirt19

Dustydirt19 Hoghead

Member:
    First Name:
    Dustin
    Duluth, MN
    Vehicle:
    Not to beat a dead horse, which it sounds like I am, the intake I have isn't an open intake. It's an S&B intake and it's in an air box. It also has a removable panel to allow more or less air flow and to restrict dirt and sand getting to the filter. That being said would those two things help to avoid CEL codes?

17. Oct 27, 2016 at 6:20 PM
    dirtydeeds

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Vehicle:
    2003 and 2013 tundra
    it's not the flow of the filter or the intake that causes a check engine light. It's the shape and size of the tube where the mass air meter bolts to, and how the air flows thru it.

Toyota and BullyDog set up the air fuel map based on the values they're expecting to see in the mass air meter at given throttle position values and wheel speed values, etc. By mechanically changing the way the air goes thru the mass air meter you are changing it's value at any given point when compared to the values of the other sensors that the ecu cross references.

18. Oct 27, 2016 at 6:26 PM
    Dustydirt19

Dustydirt19 Hoghead

Member:
    First Name:
    Dustin
    Duluth, MN
    Vehicle:
    Ok thanks and that was set up with the stock intake on the tundras? What about for the TRD CAI? Codes with that one as well?

19. Oct 27, 2016 at 6:35 PM
    dirtydeeds

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Vehicle:
    2003 and 2013 tundra
    I don't know about the trd intake. Never had a customer complain about it throwing codes, and never read about anybody throwing codes with it. But on a Tundra anything is possible when it comes to the mass air meter. ha!! They're very sensitive and have tight tolerances

20. Oct 27, 2016 at 7:43 PM
    Dustydirt19

Dustydirt19 Hoghead

Member:
    First Name:
    Dustin
    Duluth, MN
    Vehicle:
    Ok I appreciate all the help

To Top