1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Brake controller error

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by bsktball55, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Feb 25, 2020 at 6:54 AM
    bsktball55

bsktball55 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    16 Tundra TRD Pro
    Bakflip MX4 Toneau cover Esp storage Audio system (Helix speakers, JL audio amp and sub) Front windows and windshield tinted LED interior and bed lights
    I've got a brake controller error on my truck right now. I've never used the controller but, it's annoying that it keeps popping up on my info screen. Is there any thing to look at to fix it or is it it a dealer fix? First popped up when my truck sat outside over night on a 10 degree night. Not sure if it is related, but it's been on ever since. Also my battery seems like it has been a little weaker starting the truck lately. Also not sure if related.

2. Mar 2, 2020 at 6:51 PM
    bsktball55

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    16 Tundra TRD Pro
    Bakflip MX4 Toneau cover Esp storage Audio system (Helix speakers, JL audio amp and sub) Front windows and windshield tinted LED interior and bed lights
    Finally had a chance to take a look at it today. Went through and looked at all the tow fuses were good. They all seemed good, also made sure everything was pushed in good. Started my truck up to move it into the garage and the error code was gone. The trailer screen on the info screen was also working again and I could change the gain unlike before. Not sure if something was actually lose in the fuse boxes or if I just reset it by pulling the fuse out, but it seems to be working now. We'll see if it lasts.

NewImprovedRon likes this.
  3. Apr 17, 2020 at 1:31 PM
    frogstyle7

frogstyle7 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tundra Crewmax Pro
    I just got this same code today and my truck wont even start! It almost sounds like the battery is dead but I know for sure that is NOT the case. any suggestions?

4. Apr 17, 2020 at 9:19 PM
    Ruggybuggy

Ruggybuggy Seasoned Veteran

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    NW ON, CANADA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra OR
    Do the tsb if you don't have to pay for it. Also make sure the terminals on the trailer connector are clean and corrosion free. Small amounts of current flow between the terminals can cause problems.

5. Apr 18, 2020 at 11:38 AM
    bsktball55

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    16 Tundra TRD Pro
    Can I ask how you know for sure it's not the battery? Batteries now go from working just fine, to not working at all quick and if your truck is like mine and has been sitting a lot lately, it doesn't help them. I just had to replace my battery a couple weeks ago.

Products Discussed in

To Top