1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

BMX Racing

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by MotoTundra, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Jun 3, 2021 at 8:13 AM
    MotoTundra

MotoTundra [OP] The Ocho

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    -TRS Mini D2S Retrofit on TRD Pro Headlights (Apollo 2.0 Shrouds, 35w XB Ballasts, 5500k Bulbs) -Baja Designs Squadron R Sport Aux lights. -TRD Pro Grill -TRD Rear Sway Bar -BakFlip VP Tonneau w/BakBox -Dipped wheels & bumpers -Iron Cross HD steps -Undercover Swingcase -SunTek Paint Protection film -Tinted glass -Bedmat -OEM Towing Mirrors
    Certainly sounds amazing! Nothing like having one of your favorite toys in the back of the truck, hahaha.

I haven’t heard someone mention Elf in a long time! I remember pit bull brakes too, haha.

PK Ripper’s are still a thing, haha. I’d love to see some old pics of you guys racing years ago, really cool.

I’m glad this thread is digging up some memories!

MoonRock2021[QUOTED] likes this.
  2. Jun 3, 2021 at 9:38 AM
    ATV25

ATV25 Young at heart

Member:
    First Name:
    Terry
    Redding, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Platinum
    5100s, Icon Rebounds, Maxxis Razors
    I've got some pics of me on a Torker 280 in '82ish somewhere that were pretty cool. I'll have to try and dig them up.

MotoTundra[OP] likes this.
  3. Jun 4, 2021 at 6:12 AM
    ATV25

ATV25 Young at heart

Member:
    First Name:
    Terry
    Redding, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Platinum
    [​IMG]Found them ! KIMG2800.jpg KIMG2802.jpg KIMG2803.jpg
    [​IMG]

4. Jun 4, 2021 at 2:14 PM
    MotoTundra

MotoTundra [OP] The Ocho

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    -TRS Mini D2S Retrofit on TRD Pro Headlights (Apollo 2.0 Shrouds, 35w XB Ballasts, 5500k Bulbs) -Baja Designs Squadron R Sport Aux lights. -TRD Pro Grill -TRD Rear Sway Bar -BakFlip VP Tonneau w/BakBox -Dipped wheels & bumpers -Iron Cross HD steps -Undercover Swingcase -SunTek Paint Protection film -Tinted glass -Bedmat -OEM Towing Mirrors
    Hell yeah! Check out that style! I forgot about bar pads, stem pads, and top tube pads hahaha.

Mountun Goat and ATV25[QUOTED] like this.
  5. Jul 1, 2022 at 9:59 PM
    MotoTundra

MotoTundra [OP] The Ocho

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Got out for the first time this year the other day. Legs felt like jello real quick. I can tell I’m getting older, that’s for sure!

Here’s a poor quality shot of my son and I.
    DDA56DBD-56BA-4F09-B022-AEC2D0A2BE6D.jpg

6. Jul 2, 2022 at 12:58 AM
    ATV25

ATV25 Young at heart

Member:
    First Name:
    Terry
    Redding, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Platinum
    Yep, I'm going to say it . . . THAT'S RAD !!!
    :bikewhoops:
    I can't find a BMX emoji

After looking at the photo I found an imperfection, your kid is not wearing Vans !
    :D

Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
  7. Jul 2, 2022 at 8:19 AM
    MotoTundra

MotoTundra [OP] The Ocho

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Haha we love that movie! We went to see it last year when they played in it theaters for the anniversary.

Haha you don’t miss a thing! He and my daughter are both in need of a sneaker upgrade for grip!

Mountun Goat and Wallygator like this.
  8. Jul 2, 2022 at 11:31 AM
    ATV25

ATV25 Young at heart

Member:
    First Name:
    Terry
    Redding, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Platinum
    I've been wearing Vans for over 40 years. That hurts to type that and see it on screen !
    :eek2:

9. Jul 2, 2022 at 11:31 AM
    mannyg84

mannyg84 New Member

Member:
    I wish I had photos..in the 80s I had a redline, Diamondback and a Torker 2

10. Jul 2, 2022 at 11:38 AM
    ATV25

ATV25 Young at heart

Member:
    First Name:
    Terry
    Redding, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Platinum
    All great bikes ! My favorite BMX bike I ever had was a Hank & Frank Force One. Made by a small outfit in the Oakland CA area. I don't know how to explain it other than it just felt fast. That was around 1981.

Mountun Goat and MotoTundra[OP] like this.
  11. Jul 2, 2022 at 1:42 PM
    MotoTundra

MotoTundra [OP] The Ocho

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Nothing wrong w/that! I wore Etnie’s riding when I was young. They got back in business a few years ago so I picked up two pairs. They were horrible. Vans it is for me now.

Good stuff!! I should try to dig up some old photos, I know I have a few somewhere.

Mountun Goat likes this.
  12. Jan 20, 2023 at 8:43 AM
    MotoTundra

MotoTundra [OP] The Ocho

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    I will be the first to say I’m no expert when it comes to BMX and there are much more knowledgeable riders out there.

There are different styles of BMX such as freestyle, racing, and dirt jumping. I’m assuming you are coming from a road bike. If you didn’t already I would pick which style you are most interested in and see if there are places in your area to have fun with that style. Stop by those places and see what guys are riding. Most people will offer to let you ride their bike if you are considering buying one. Check out your local bike shops and see what they offer and if you can take one for a ride.

Danscomp.com or jrbicycles.com are great online retailers that I have dealt with that can get you squared away, especially if you don’t have any good local bike shops.

Not many tricks going on in the racing scene, but a lot of people coming from road bike or MTB’s into racing bmx start on cruisers. The wheels are bigger and they aren’t as touchy from what I have heard and read.

ATV25 likes this.
  13. Jan 20, 2023 at 11:29 AM
    ATV25

ATV25 Young at heart

Member:
    First Name:
    Terry
    Redding, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Platinum
    If you want an eye opener go from a 29" slack MTB to a 20" race BMX with a steep head tube angle. You will know exactly what Moto Tundra is talking about

MotoTundra[OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top