1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bluetooth microphone issue

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by squad1, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Aug 19, 2017 at 12:43 PM
    squad1

squad1 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tundra DC 5.7 V8
    Hello, this is my first question for the forum..
    I recently sold my '04 Tundra and purchased an '11 Tundra DC. The truck came with the factory touch screen radio with Bluetooth, etc. My phone paired up fine, and I could hear the other party, but they couldn't hear me. When I opened up the overhead console, the microphone wasn't installed.

I bought a used console that included the mic wiring and tried to swap it out. There are 2 wire harnesses in the headliner, one with 4 wires and one with 6 or 7. Both have the same size connector, just one is black and one is white (white 4 wire one just powering the lights).. I tried both harnesses, but still the same issue. Is there something I'm missing? Or is there a way to set up what looks like possibly mics on the face of the radio itself? (2 small squares on the top corners of the radio face)
    Thanks in advance. My state has a hands free law..

2. Aug 19, 2017 at 1:23 PM
    konzz77

konzz77 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    buddy
    Vehicle:
    2015 Black Tundra
    Try pulling the head unit out and make sure the microphone is plugged into the back of it. You might just have bluetooth that only connects one way. If that is the case, then nothing will work other than replacing the head unit.

Products Discussed in

To Top