1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Blinker acting like the bulb is out

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by RW-3, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Aug 16, 2018 at 6:42 PM
    93civEJ1

93civEJ1 New Member

Member:
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2014 White CM Platinum
    I’ve been having this same issue the last couple weeks. Turning right I will noticed the blinker has started hyper flashing. I got out at home and looked and both front and rear bulbs are flashing. I can’t stop the blinker and turn it on to the right and it will blink normal a few secs and then switches to a hyper flash. I did look and noticed that there appears to be some sort of LED bulbs in the rear turn signals but they are lighting up fine. Only the passenger side does this ‍♂️

2. Aug 16, 2018 at 7:25 PM
    RW-3

RW-3 [OP] May the Mods be with you

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    16 Black TRD CM 4x4
    Lights: 2018 OEM Black Chrome LED’s Morimoto XB Fogs Interior LED upgrade - VLED’s LED reverse / cargo - VLED’s Footwell lights, vanity lights, break lights, rear turn signals, 3rd break light - All VLED’s 30” Rough Country light bar hidden in bumper w/ Rago Fab Brackets Matt Gecko LED bed lights (red & white) and hood lights Exterior: Truxedo Lo Pro QT WeatherTech in-channel window deflectors Interior: Husky X-Act Contour front & rear Front, back and rear windows all tinted 10% Ceramic Heat Film on Windshield 70% OCD console organizer OCD console tray TRD 4x4 inserts on Husky mats by Achuop Tacoma TRD Pro shift knob with TRD leather boot AJT Design vent ring trim - chrome delete Center console wireless charger Drivers side grab handle Performance: Dirty Deeds BA Muffler 12” Budget Standard System TRD Rear Sway Bar AFE Pro Dry S Air Filter Bilstein 6112 1.9” clip Bilstein 5100 - rear Coachbuilder +1’s Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/70/18 Audio: Infinity dash speakers Tech12Volts custom center dash speaker Hertz Uno door speakers JL Audio RD 900/5 amp 2 JL Audio 10w-0 v3 10” subs in custom Tech12Volts box Protection: McGuard Tailgate Anti theft lock OEM tailgate lock w/ Dynamat TRD Pro skid plate SNS ARB sensor guards Misc: TRD key fob case AJT Designs Rear diff breather mod Fortin remote start with Car Link CL6 TRD battery bracket by Coupe TRD valve stem caps TRD interior handle inserts by abomb60 (Adam)
    That’s how mine was. Only passenger side hyperflashed. Driver side was always fine. I have leds in the rear only. I’m assuming you will need resistors for any location where you have a led bulb. I have resistors on both rear turn signal bulbs. For me, the hyperflashing on the passenger side did not stop until I installed the resistor on my drivers side. Very weird, but it fixed the problem.

3. Aug 16, 2018 at 8:12 PM
    gladecreekwy

gladecreekwy Wyoming

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2014 trd silver tundra
    6" lift, bumper and winch.
    I’m having the same problem I believe it started when my bumper was installed. I’ve had a couple of guys that know a lot more than me check it out with no luck. No leds.

4. Aug 17, 2018 at 8:41 PM
    RW-3

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    16 Black TRD CM 4x4
    Lights: 2018 OEM Black Chrome LED’s Morimoto XB Fogs Interior LED upgrade - VLED’s LED reverse / cargo - VLED’s Footwell lights, vanity lights, break lights, rear turn signals, 3rd break light - All VLED’s 30” Rough Country light bar hidden in bumper w/ Rago Fab Brackets Matt Gecko LED bed lights (red & white) and hood lights Exterior: Truxedo Lo Pro QT WeatherTech in-channel window deflectors Interior: Husky X-Act Contour front & rear Front, back and rear windows all tinted 10% Ceramic Heat Film on Windshield 70% OCD console organizer OCD console tray TRD 4x4 inserts on Husky mats by Achuop Tacoma TRD Pro shift knob with TRD leather boot AJT Design vent ring trim - chrome delete Center console wireless charger Drivers side grab handle Performance: Dirty Deeds BA Muffler 12” Budget Standard System TRD Rear Sway Bar AFE Pro Dry S Air Filter Bilstein 6112 1.9” clip Bilstein 5100 - rear Coachbuilder +1’s Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/70/18 Audio: Infinity dash speakers Tech12Volts custom center dash speaker Hertz Uno door speakers JL Audio RD 900/5 amp 2 JL Audio 10w-0 v3 10” subs in custom Tech12Volts box Protection: McGuard Tailgate Anti theft lock OEM tailgate lock w/ Dynamat TRD Pro skid plate SNS ARB sensor guards Misc: TRD key fob case AJT Designs Rear diff breather mod Fortin remote start with Car Link CL6 TRD battery bracket by Coupe TRD valve stem caps TRD interior handle inserts by abomb60 (Adam)
    What bumper do you have?

5. Aug 17, 2018 at 8:45 PM
    RW-3

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    16 Black TRD CM 4x4
    Could maybe be a pinched wire somewhere. I had to pull my brake light housings a while back and when I put them back in, a wire was pinched between the metal body and plastic housing and it started hyper flashing again. I pulled the housing, made sure all wires were tucked in properly and the hyper flash disappeared.

gladecreekwy[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Aug 18, 2018 at 6:54 AM
    gladecreekwy

gladecreekwy Wyoming

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2014 trd silver tundra
    6" lift, bumper and winch.
    Fab4

7. Aug 23, 2018 at 5:45 PM
    DvH297

DvH297 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Vehicle:
    2018 CrewMax SR5 TRD O/R 4x4
    I have LEDs in front and rear turn signals - and hyperflashing. I bought the resistors. But don't know where to install them. Is there a thread here with some instructions or pictures? Thanks for any guidance.

8. Aug 23, 2018 at 6:17 PM
    RW-3

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    16 Black TRD CM 4x4
    I think there is a u tube video on them. I bought mine from VLED’s and they may have had a video there. On mine the resistors came with a type of t-tap splice. I just had to connect that to the two wires for the bulb and it was done.

9. Oct 24, 2019 at 4:03 AM
    cshughes79

cshughes79 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra 9' lift on 37's
    6' suspension lift with a 3' body lift on moto metals wrapped in toyo open country 37x20x13.50 All memphis speakers in the doors with two 12 subs pushed by to power Rockford amps, LED lights all the way around
    So I have a 2015 tundra, have been running LED's for a few years with the resistors everything working like it should, but the other day when i turned my blinker on to turn right i got the fast blink. So i figured a LED was out or a resistor had gone bad. Checked the LED's moved them to the other side LED's are fine put new resistors in, got the same thing. So I am lost at what else to do, and if this has been asked already and answered sorry for the repeat just joined today! PLEASE HELP!

10. Oct 24, 2019 at 4:57 AM
    RW-3

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    16 Black TRD CM 4x4
    Double check that the resistor wires aren’t pinched anywhere. I had that happen to me. Put the brake light back in and nothing worked. Pulled it off and the resistor white was partially caught between the brake light and body of the truck.

11. Oct 24, 2019 at 5:01 AM
    cshughes79

cshughes79 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Vehicle:
    6' suspension lift with a 3' body lift on moto metals wrapped in toyo open country 37x20x13.50 All memphis speakers in the doors with two 12 subs pushed by to power Rockford amps, LED lights all the way around
    I did I even replaced the resistors!

12. Oct 24, 2019 at 5:41 AM
    RW-3

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    16 Black TRD CM 4x4
    Is the bulb actually blinking, but the truck is doing it fast as if the bulb is out, or is the bulb not blinking at all?

The only other thing I would do is start swapping stuff to see if you can locate the problem. If it’s just the right side try moving the left resistor to the right. Or try the old resistor from the left side. Next try the old bulb that worked. Maybe buy a halogen just to make sure all the factory wiring still works properly. :notsure: LED’s can be frustrating!

13. Oct 24, 2019 at 5:50 AM
    cshughes79

cshughes79 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Vehicle:
    The bulb blinks, yes the truck is doing it as if the bulb was out, so i moved the bulb to the left side and it worked fine, took the left side bulb to the right and got the fast blink again, put new resistors on front and back, new led's on the front and still get the fast blink on the left side only. i have the old bulbs i will try putting them back in to check the wiring. thnx

RW-3[OP] likes this.
  14. Nov 13, 2019 at 7:16 AM
    cshughes79

cshughes79 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Vehicle:
    So now both blinkers are fast blinking, I just ordered a new flasher control module, hopefully that fixes it!

Products Discussed in

To Top