1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Blackstone results are in! 9k UOA

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by Sumo91, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Sep 16, 2020 at 12:33 PM
    Sumo91

Sumo91 [OP] Busy with projects

Member:
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2014 MGM Tundra Platinum 4x4
    Bilstein 8112/8100 3.25in lift Dobinson leaf springs 2.1in lift Level8 MK6 wheels Big ole dent in bedside
    Finally got my Blackstone results back! 194k on the clock when changed. Sent the sample off in late july. I'm guessing the usps horse died because it didnt make to their lab till last week. Anyway, the dipstick was at the halfway mark when I drained, checked it just now and it's still at the half mark, so I probably need to start doing 8.5 qt oil changes instead of 8 qts.

Now on to the results! 9k miles on oil, I usually shoot for 10k intervals but it wasnt possible this time. My engine is a flex fuel as well (I know the manual states 5k intervals before anyone says it)
    20200916_142627.jpg

I'm really happy with the results, and even happier with the Schaeffers. Their products have always been top notch for me. I run it front to back in my truck except for the transfer case.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    rodm1, Ruggybuggy, Black Wolf and 4 others like this.
  2. Sep 16, 2020 at 6:15 PM
    betotundra

betotundra Toyota for Life

Member:
    Thanks for sharing.

Sumo91[OP] likes this.
  3. Sep 16, 2020 at 6:28 PM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    Magnuson Magnum TVS 2650 S/C Sniv's Speed Shop 70mm pulley RCF Throttle Body TRD PRO BBS Wheels TRD Front Sway Bar TRD Rear Sway Bar Fox TRD Pro Shocks Limited mirrors (auto darkening/backup camera/power fold/puddle lights) Limited Grill Mod Automatic Climate Controls Mod Automatic Headlamp Mod Sequoia Transfer Case Mod Sequoia Leather Steering Wheel Mod Sequoia Limited Gage Cluster Mod Sequoia LED Headlamp Upgrade Window Tint 15/70% Fake Manual Transmission Mod 10" BAMufflers Stainless Catback Valhalla Catalytic Converter Shields Engine Block Heater Illuminated Ignition Key Ring Mod Deck Rail System w/cleats Solid Offroad Engine Mounts
    Cool. Yes, thanks for sharing.

I've never heard of/seen that brand of oil though, is it regional?

Sumo91[OP] likes this.
  4. Sep 16, 2020 at 6:49 PM
    Sumo91

Sumo91 [OP] Busy with projects

Member:
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2014 MGM Tundra Platinum 4x4
    Bilstein 8112/8100 3.25in lift Dobinson leaf springs 2.1in lift Level8 MK6 wheels Big ole dent in bedside
    They're the oldest oil company in America, started making wagon wheel grease in 1839, and they've been family owned since. I believe they were the first to put moly in their oil too, but could be wrong about that. They dont spend money on advertising, just word of mouth. They mainly target industrial/agricultural/big rig market. But make plenty of products for home use. You gotta buy their stuff by the case most of the time. And you have to get it through an Oil Rep to get a good price. I get my diesel oil from my rep for 25/gal cause he has it on hand and I dont gotta buy a case of it, and my 0w20 from an oil supply warehouse. I think its around $100 for a case of 12 qts. They make excellent products and I highly highly highly recommend them! I run their products in everything I own. They're also famous for their million mile engine tear downs, it's worth a google.

HulkSmurf14 and Wynnded[QUOTED] like this.
  5. Sep 16, 2020 at 6:52 PM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    Magnuson Magnum TVS 2650 S/C Sniv's Speed Shop 70mm pulley RCF Throttle Body TRD PRO BBS Wheels TRD Front Sway Bar TRD Rear Sway Bar Fox TRD Pro Shocks Limited mirrors (auto darkening/backup camera/power fold/puddle lights) Limited Grill Mod Automatic Climate Controls Mod Automatic Headlamp Mod Sequoia Transfer Case Mod Sequoia Leather Steering Wheel Mod Sequoia Limited Gage Cluster Mod Sequoia LED Headlamp Upgrade Window Tint 15/70% Fake Manual Transmission Mod 10" BAMufflers Stainless Catback Valhalla Catalytic Converter Shields Engine Block Heater Illuminated Ignition Key Ring Mod Deck Rail System w/cleats Solid Offroad Engine Mounts
    Great, thanks for sharing that info as well. I'll look into them.

Sumo91[QUOTED][OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top