1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

bitcoin

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by 14tundra, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Jan 17, 2018 at 10:19 AM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    White 2015 Tundra DC SR5 TRD 4x4 5.7L, White 2003 Sequoia 2WD
    TRD Pro suspension, +2 Coachbuilder shackles, 2015 TRD Pro headlights, 20% ceramic tinted windows, clear ceramic tinted front windshield, aFe drop in pro s dry air filter, TRD airflow accelerator, TRD oil fill cap, TRD 18 psi radiator cap, BDX Bullydog tuner, Weathertech floor mats front and rear, rear seat fold down mod, DNA hard trifold tonneau cover, Linex with uv protection, TRD rear swaybar, TRD center caps, TRD Pro grille insert with color matching surround and bulge, TRD PRO headlights, aluminum oil filter canister, Real truck tailgate seal, Pop-n-lock tailgate lock actuator, rear diff breather relocate, RCI front skid plate. 275/70 R18 BFG KO2s
    I just imagine if I would’ve put all my birthday money as a kid into stock like apple, how rich I would be now! That’s the thing you just don’t know what’s going to take off.

froggy78 likes this.
  2. Jan 17, 2018 at 10:26 AM
    MistrRoboto

MistrRoboto '17 MGM SR5 TRD CrewMax

Member:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Well, and what if this is your shot again at the new Apple stock? That's why so many people are really excited.

15whtrd[QUOTED] likes this.
  3. Jan 17, 2018 at 11:07 AM
    Danimal86

Danimal86 Looks clean even when its dirty!

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 White Tundra SR5
    I'm now in the crypto-currency market. Thanks @smooosh for your help.

4. Jan 17, 2018 at 11:12 AM
    MistrRoboto

Member:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Easiest way for US based folks...

1) https://www.coinbase.com/ to get USD into the system as USD, Bitcoin, Etherium, or Litecoin
    2) https://www.binance.com as a trading platform
    3) Transfer Coinbase wallet funds to Binance
    4) Make/lose money
    5) Do research on hardware wallets or other means of storing your monies off an exchange
    6) Profit?

*I am in no way responsible for your gain or loss. Peace and love.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    kenomouth64 and TheBeast like this.
  5. Jan 17, 2018 at 11:40 AM
    smooosh

smooosh This place costs me too much $

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Offroad Limited Crewmax.
    Ongoing project
    To build on what @MistrRoboto said. Some accounts you would want to sign up for even if you don't want to use them right now. It always happens when you want to get on an exchange its during a bull run and they have suspended new signups because they are slammed.

1. Coinbase (https://www.coinbase.com/join/591f41b5a4c41503ade619b1) - sign up here. This is where you will send your usd to get in the game. While in USD its FDIC insured just like your bank. Once you get the cash there use their other website (http://www.gdax.com) to buy though. A lot less fees so it will save you some money.
    2. Binance (https://www.binance.com/?ref=11371396) - after you buy bitcoin or eth you then send some to binance to buy lower market cap coins. Higher risk but also higher reward.
    3. Bittrex ( https://bittrex.com/) - Same as Binance but higher fees right now. Get both accounts because they don't both have the same coins.
    4. Cryptopia (https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Register?referrer=csmashe) - The place to buy shit coins. These are like penny stocks. High risk but high rewards. Some coins will go here first and then if they get listed on binance or bittrex you could 100x your investment.

There are others but this should get you started. Remember only invest what you can lose. Do not let your emotions get the better of you. Right now its down 50% from the high of $20,000. Last april it went to $4,000 then down to $1,800 in June. If you bought at $4,000 and freaked out when your investment was cut in half you would have missed $20,000.

kenomouth64 and TheBeast like this.
  6. Jan 17, 2018 at 11:56 AM
    TigerTanker

TigerTanker Tyranny doesn't leap, it creeps

Member:
    Tacoma WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 White Platinum Edition Tundra
    none so far
    A fool and his cryptocurrencies were soon parted....

It's totally hysterical to think that grown adults would pay thousands upon thousands of dollars for a shiny piece of metal that the lying, fake news media is yammering about. I thought the tulip stories were stupid, how could people back then have been so primitive and stupid? Damn, nothing changes...

Bitcoin, it's a currency: Then why the hell is it so volatile?? A volatile currency is useless for both buyer and seller.
    It's and investment: Ok, where is the goods/services produced by this company in order to provide a profit/dividend? LOL, there is NO company... it produces no goods or services.....
    Bitcoin is a "COLLECTIBLE", the only value it has is the imaginary value we place on things like collectible elvis plates...

tomsinamerica likes this.
  7. Jan 17, 2018 at 12:17 PM
    smooosh

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Ongoing project
    Zero. That's not the number that its worth its the amount of knowledge you actually have on crypto currencies.

"Buy a shinny piece of metal" - I think your talking about gold. bitcoin has no physical entity to be shiny or metal.

"why the hell is it so volatile" - Supply and demand. When things first start out they always start with price discovery to figure out how much they are actually worth. Only so many bitcoins can be created a day and there is a top limit to how many will ever be out there so if more people want it then its going to be more expensive.

"Ok, where is the goods/services produced by this company in order to provide a profit/dividend" - You can have an investment without goods and services. Is gold not an investment? You cant just put a peice of gold in your closet and come back and it made something else.

"The only value it has is the imaginary value" - Incorrect. Bitcoin/crypto currencies have a lot of value. There are some that are working on being the payment gateway for the internet of things. Your fridge realizes you are out of milk and it orders some more and pays with Iota. There are some that are smart contracts. There are some that are anonymous. Looking at your quote about Tyranny i would think you would be all for something that can keep your business private. And others are a store of value. Yes it is volatile at this time but if you are not expecting to just make a bunch of money over night your investment up till now has always gone up. You could have bought at $4,000 in april and watched it go to $1,800 in June. Terrible investment right? No because it was $20,000 in December.

You are only going to be parted from your crypto currencies if you sell. The government can not ban them (especially the private ones). They can make them harder to buy and sell but when shit hits the fan like in Venezuela people are using bitcoin to purchase things from over seas because their money is crap.

8. Jan 17, 2018 at 12:38 PM
    MistrRoboto

Member:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks072waMayk

Rotty23 likes this.
  9. Jan 17, 2018 at 1:39 PM
    TigerTanker

Member:
    Tacoma WA
    Vehicle:
    none so far
    I'm a 25 year financial vet and own my own financial institution. So, as far as what I know...there's that. So, please let me know your resume? Hmmm?

I don't know why I bother with this nonsense....must be bored.

10. Jan 17, 2018 at 1:46 PM
    MistrRoboto

Member:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Yes, I remember your "resume" from the last time you posted it in this thread. Maybe consider just leaving us alone? Letting us happily lose our money, having tons of fun?

Rotty23 likes this.
  11. Jan 17, 2018 at 1:50 PM
    bobbilly

bobbilly New Member

Member:
    :crapstorm::poking::deadhorse:

Purely in for the entertainment value. God forbid people try new things.

12. Jan 17, 2018 at 1:51 PM
    PR_02

PR_02 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Wauconda, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 CrewMax Platinum
    For anyone using Coinbase...

Please use gdax also, they are essentially one in the same. HOWEVER, transferring from Coinbase to gdax is FREE and instantaneous!!! From there, when you transfer to your desired exchange, the fees will be less than Coinbase charges.

Totally wierd, but it’s the way it is.

Rotty23 likes this.
  13. Jan 17, 2018 at 1:52 PM
    smooosh

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Ongoing project
    So you know traditional finance. Cool. There was once a guy that knew all about shiny beads while they where used for currency. He is now known as just that guy that knows about beads.

I would not expect you to put your clients into bitcoin because its high risk. My financial planner (who is also a buddy of mine) went out for a beer to learn about bitcoin and crypto so he did not say something stupid like where is the good or service to make this an investment. After his high level lesson he still is not investing but has a better understanding of it and what it can do.

As for the resume I'm just a programmer that even after a 50% drop is up 800% on the money i was willing to lose. I put more into my traditional retirement then i bought bitcoin but this is my pay my truck off in one year fund . Enjoy your 8%.

Rotty23 and AxelsHumanDad like this.
  14. Jan 17, 2018 at 1:53 PM
    TigerTanker

Member:
    Tacoma WA
    Vehicle:
    none so far
    I would, but people like you are actually paid trolls on websites all across the world pretending to be unaffiliated investors with no agenda.

Just finished lunch with an executive from one of the big institutions in Chicago. They are chomping at the bit on bit coin. They know it's going to zero and wanna kill it on the short. THAT is the reason why "main street" and reputable financial institutions are interested in crypto.

15. Jan 17, 2018 at 1:55 PM
    smooosh

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Ongoing project
    https://99bitcoins.com/obituary-stats/
    Yep. Its dead.

16. Jan 17, 2018 at 1:57 PM
    bobbilly

bobbilly New Member

Member:

TigerTanker and AxelsHumanDad like this.
  17. Jan 17, 2018 at 1:58 PM
    smooosh

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Ongoing project
    You might want to read our responses. They all say something like "Dont invest unless you can lose the money" Im a terrible paid troll if i say that.
    Also neither of us started this or any bitcoin thread on tundras.com. Someone asked a question and we answered them. You came on here and trolled the post with false information and we corrected it.
    Whose the troll?o_O

Rotty23 likes this.
  18. Jan 17, 2018 at 2:17 PM
    MistrRoboto

Member:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Lol. I think you might be an alien.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  19. Jan 17, 2018 at 2:37 PM
    bobbilly

bobbilly New Member

Member:
    You changed this from the original....:censored:. I wanted to see the response.

20. Jan 17, 2018 at 2:38 PM
    TigerTanker

Member:
    Tacoma WA
    Vehicle:
    none so far
    When one financial scam dies, another is born. I kinda wondered where all the penny stock pumpers went.... a new crypto home...

Hey, can I simply ask why a person just doesn't buy silver or gold bullion if they're so damn worried about the dollar, yen, euro...?

Let me guess, the price is a bit too "unpredictable"?

LOL...

21. Jan 17, 2018 at 2:41 PM
    TigerTanker

Member:
    Tacoma WA
    Vehicle:
    none so far
    Why would a bitcoin bull POSSIBLY have a problem with the bearish view?
    Huh? Apple corporation created the largest revolution in consumer products history by their iP products. Bitcoin doesn't make a good, or a service, what on earth would make you naive enough to claim their is some sort of correlation?

22. Jan 17, 2018 at 2:44 PM
    bobbilly

bobbilly New Member

Member:
    I'm still curious why you are so hung up on the fact people are attempting new things?

Nobody is busting your bawls for investing in a 401k or a Roth/IRA, or playing the stock market for that matter. Never questioned your knowledge or attempted to put a gun to your head to make you try to buy something you didn't want to.

There are companies accepting bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies as forms of payment. LET THEM. It's a risk they are willing to take.

Take your 25 years of financial knowledge, meetings with big shots at financial institutes and go have a beer. Chill out.

23. Jan 17, 2018 at 2:48 PM
    TigerTanker

Member:
    Tacoma WA
    Vehicle:
    none so far
    There actually is a chance that the use of this website in the illegal promotion of investments and currency violates state and federal law. Just a heads up for some of you bitcoin traders...

24. Jan 17, 2018 at 2:50 PM
    MistrRoboto

Member:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Yep, confirmed. He's an alien. Or a computer programmed to act like an alien.

25. Jan 17, 2018 at 2:53 PM
    bobbilly

bobbilly New Member

Member:
    [​IMG]

joonbug likes this.
  26. Jan 17, 2018 at 2:53 PM
    tomsinamerica

tomsinamerica New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Wilmington, NC
    Vehicle:
    White 2016 Tundra DC ltd
    I'm going to be careful what i say here because i have friends on both sides of the argument but... I think the non-bitcoiners are hung up on the fact that bitcoin is speculation only. There's no corporate asset, product or balance sheet to perform analysis on to determine if it's a good investment or not. It simply comes down to the fact that someone speculates that someone else will pay them more for their bitcoin than they paid for it.

The cynicism comes in play when that speculation is driven by the holders of bitcoin... Hey, i have a ton of this, it's the next big thing, you should get in on it. Multiply that across social media and no wonder the price jumps through the roof. Traditionalists view that as a little sketchy since there's nothing else behind it other than the hype.

27. Jan 17, 2018 at 2:55 PM
    bobbilly

bobbilly New Member

Member:
    So, I will admit I don't fully understand the entire process, which is why I have a very very minimal amount tossed into XRP. But I think the balance sheet you speak of would be the "block chain" which should be public. But again, not sure if that's true or not....I will wait for Tiger Tank to explain more.....

28. Jan 17, 2018 at 2:58 PM
    nowayout

nowayout New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    NY
    Vehicle:
    17 CM
    I bought more today. All play money for me. It feels great to not give a shit if its down.

Tigerlilly we can short it also. So up or down we can all make money.

kenomouth64 likes this.
  29. Jan 17, 2018 at 3:00 PM
    smooosh

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Ongoing project
    There is a difference between a bearish view that we are in a down trend and calling it a scam. You get that right? I have a bearish view of the stock market right now. It’s been rising for no good reason and is going to correct. Dropping from $20,000 to $10,000 is a bearish downtrend. Calling it a scam with no real world uses shows you have no idea about how the technology works.

I showed in prior posts that crypto does have multiple real world services. You might want to learn about something you are going to troll, and not just spout off fake information.

Rotty23 likes this.
  30. Jan 17, 2018 at 3:01 PM
    MistrRoboto

Member:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Lol yes let's wait for the robot alien to teach us about blockchain technology.

Rotty23 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top