1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bilsteinlifts.com problems?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by wyoboypt, May 11, 2022.

1. May 11, 2022 at 3:14 PM
    wyoboypt

wyoboypt [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Minty
    I just received part of my order. The fronts are disassembled and there’s no coils! It didn’t say anything about being disassembled in the description. Tried calling and they have everything rigged with computer options to avoid talking in person. 04449C53-648B-425F-B7E8-1C2740B53384.jpg9F4CD6BA-BE9F-40B1-95AD-EB9F39E2E6AD.jpg has anyone had issues with this company?? I feel like im gonna go on a murder spree if they try screwing me like Jonathan bozarth from Kansascarfinder.

2. Jul 30, 2022 at 7:57 AM
    shifty`

shifty` One great big festering neon distraction

Member:
    ATL
    Vehicle:
    '06 AC Limited V8/4WD
    (see signature for truck info)
    @wyoboypt I just got my order and had a strangely similar experience. What was your resolution like?

It's worth noting they changed their name now to SuspensionLifts.com

3. Jul 30, 2022 at 8:13 AM
    Tundra234

Tundra234 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra DC SR5 Barcelona
    Alot of them
    Are you missing coil springs as well?

Screenshot_20220730-111106_Chrome.jpg

4. Jul 30, 2022 at 1:28 PM
    wyoboypt

wyoboypt [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Minty
    They were the rear shocks and the fronts came later

shifty` likes this.
  5. Jul 30, 2022 at 1:42 PM
    shifty`

Member:
    ATL
    Vehicle:
    '06 AC Limited V8/4WD
    Still working w/them to make it right, expect possible edits later.

Mine looks like a shipping/fulfillment issue. Unless they're shipping in-house, it's 100% not their fault.

Gist is, one item was clearly unpacked/opened/poorly repacked before, another item's box popped open in transit & it's missing items necessary for install. I paid for assembled struts, got unassembled w/o springs, so I sent pics, was first told "assembled haven't shipped yet, they're coming" despite me sending pics of 2 front/2 rear shocks, then hours later was told "shipping error, you weren't supposed to get those fronts, need you to return". All boxes but 1 damaged on arrival, even those packed inside other boxes where they shouldn't be able to be damaged. UPS would totally reject a claim for "insufficient packing", been there, done that in the past.

I saw a train wreck coming, so I requested return labels and a full refund last night (7/29). No luck at first, just friendly back & forth explaining the problem, assurances they'd get anything missing to me. [Edit: 7/31] Asked again yesterday to allow return given the circumstances and my lack of confidence in the whole situation, they came back today back with confirmation they'll allow the return. I sent the items back on 8/1 and 8/2 respectively, and they hit the warehouse by 8/4 and 8/4 respectively. Haven't heard anything from them as an update and no credit issued, so I emailed them today (8/10) for an update.

I've got more than [edit: two] hours invested from my side so far. That's not what I paid for, but I know shit happens. I don't mind, as long as they're paying for the damaged/open boxes to be returned and I get a full refund.

Yeah, my case was a bit different.

The previous quote summarizes it. I ordered pre-assembled on purpose, I've assembled plenty of struts in my lifetime and have never honestly enjoyed it.

I'm sure they get a lot of calls saying "I didn't get the fronts" or "not assembled" because someone got the rears 1st and mistook those for the fronts. I literally got 4 boxes, 2 rears + 2 fronts, and when I saw the fronts clearly lacked springs, I emailed pics and was told fronts were coming. "But, uh, you guys, the fronts are here already..."

Given I've already found one missing part, my concern is there may be others. OR maybe given the box damage, maybe something is damaged in a non-obvious way that'll bite me in the ass later. Nothing sucks worse than being mid-install and having to wait for specialty parts, or hit the parts store. I've got smaller kids, free time is limited, I don't have time to be w/o a truck, or rollback everything mid-job.

Anyway, it looks like they're taking care of it, so maybe nothing more to say, I hope. Still keeping case open w/AmEx, just in case something shady happens, like return shipping charges, restock fees - none of this was my fault, so I won't be paying for it.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
  6. Aug 12, 2022 at 6:58 AM
    shifty`

Member:
    ATL
    Vehicle:
    '06 AC Limited V8/4WD
    Looping back on my case for a final update, in case others stumble upon this thread looking for info as I did.

BilsteinLifts/SuspensionLifts worked through the issues caused by their warehouse(s) and processed a full refund. While this wasn't a great situation for either of us, they could've made this really difficult for me, but didn't.

I think that says a lot about the integrity of their business. They always responded quickly to my inquiries, were polite, and straight to the point. So, YMMV, but I'd buy from them again without hesitation.

Products Discussed in

To Top