1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best Epoxy garage floor coating

Discussion in 'Home Improvement' started by Deuxlatch, Jan 7, 2020.

1. May 29, 2022 at 3:46 PM
    rebmo

rebmo 2020 Crewmax Limited 4wd Silver/Black

Member:
    Rural SE Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2020 CM LImited 5.7L V8 4WD
    I was advised against epoxy and advised to go with a poly eurah (sp?) coating. I have seen evidence of epoxy coatings lifting where hot tires contact it. I went with a poly finish and very happy. Cost a bit more but well worth it and 15 year warranty. I did have a couple spots the size of a quarter that were missed and they came and patched them and can't tell. It's been over 5 years now and no lifting or issues. Holds up well to tires, winter salt, and pressure washing.

Just my 2 cents.

2. May 29, 2022 at 3:57 PM
    What the!?

What the!? New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Pro
    I’ve had two garages with epoxy.

The first garage I did it myself with the store bought Rustoleum kit. I did all the prep work including acid wash and renting a grinder at HD. After about 3 years, I started having peeling. PITA.

Second garage I had it professionally installed with industrial epoxy. Again, it started peeling in certain places.

My current garage, I went with Swisstrax garage tiling. It’s been 3 years, no issues. Very happy with it. No problems using jacks on it. Floor always looks clean. Just my experience.

630D1311-E190-426A-B369-13466A42E079.jpg

Ohannon7, CMikeB, jpod and 2 others like this.
  3. May 29, 2022 at 5:09 PM
    DanSanDiego

DanSanDiego New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra Limited 4x4
    Your epoxy floor looks great!

4. May 29, 2022 at 5:18 PM
    Burdturger

Burdturger New Member

Member:
  5. May 29, 2022 at 5:58 PM
    eick

eick New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 CrewMax TRD Off Road
    My epoxy floor looked great for years. Had it installed in 2012. However, drop something in it, drag something across it, eventually it’s gonna peel and flake.

If I had to do it over I’d just do the whole floor in tiles that can be replaced.

6. Dec 21, 2022 at 1:55 PM
    irontmp

irontmp New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    irontmp
    Vehicle:
    2013 Black Tundra TRD
    don't know
    My family has had a house built and Soon my house will be closing(this coming Monday), and I need some advice. The house I live at now has a clear coating on the garage floor concrete that has worked rather well. It also has never come off from hot tires or alot of movement.

What have you guys coated the garage floor with to prevent marks/wear/staining etc?

I have seen some products that are $300+ and dont really want to spend that. Do you guys have any suggestions as to what kinds of products work good?

7. Apr 20, 2023 at 10:38 PM
    irontmp

irontmp New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    irontmp
    Vehicle:
    2013 Black Tundra TRD
    don't know
    Choosing the right epoxy floor coating for your garage can be overwhelming with so many options available. It's important to consider a few factors before making a decision, such as the level of durability and chemical resistance you need, the level of gloss or sheen you prefer, and the ease of installation. Based on customer reviews and industry ratings, Rust-Oleum EpoxyShield and KILZ are both reputable brands that offer high-quality epoxy floor coatings. Rust-Oleum EpoxyShield is known for its durability and chemical resistance, making it a great choice for garages where heavy machinery or automotive fluids may be present. KILZ offers a range of epoxy coatings, including a clear gloss option that can enhance the appearance of your garage floor. ColoredEpoxy is another brand that has received positive reviews for its ease of application and durability. They offer a range of color options and customizable kits to fit your specific needs. Ultimately, the best epoxy floor coating for your garage will depend on your specific needs and preferences. It may be helpful to read customer reviews and consult with a professional before making a final decision.

8. Apr 20, 2023 at 11:15 PM
    GIN•OKUMA

GIN•OKUMA Can’t get to SSEM from there. RGBA1

Member:
    First Name:
    Fish
    26.57°
    Vehicle:
    Noun; a machine, usually with wheels and an engine, used for transporting people or goods, especially on land
    :evil:

Squatting Pigeon likes this.
  9. Apr 21, 2023 at 4:41 AM
    Ohannon7

Ohannon7 New Member

Member:
    Central Fl
    Vehicle:
    2013 5.7 4WD CM Bench-Seat Silver
    6” Pro Comp 37’s Custom audio and interior Off road capability is current focus
    My neighbor put in LVP luxury vinyl planks AKA linoleum flooring with tape on it :notsure:

anyways, it looks amazing, he hoses it off, and if one gets damaged he replaces it like a fancy sticker. He keeps his motorcycles in the garage and works on them.

seems like very low maintenance and easy to repair but IDK how it’s gonna look in 10 years.

Products Discussed in

To Top