1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best Camper / Cap that takes advantage of CM back window

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by Niceguy, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Oct 9, 2019 at 4:54 PM
    Niceguy

Niceguy [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    19 Cement Limited
    Hey all - Been trying to do some digging on this and only found a dead thread from 2017, so I wanted to see if anyone had some updated info. I’ve been in the market for a new camper for my ‘19 Crewmax, but I really want something that still let’s me take advantage of that sweet roll down back window. So far I’ve seen that Leer offers a full pop out window, and that Snugtop offers a pop-up inside front window. The pop out is neat, but might be cumbersome and lead to the glass getting broken. Plus if it rains it’ll be harder to get back in place on a trip. I like the Snugtop pop up option better than a fold down option since I was thinking this would allow my 2 puppers to go between the bed and the interior of the truck and would keep the glass out of the way. With the fold down they might scratch / damage the glass. Not sure how often I’ll actually let the dogs do this, but in my mind it seems cool and I’d like to have the option. My only complaint about the Snugtop, and it’s superficial I know, is that I think they’re kind of ugly....too bulky on the side and back, extends too far down the side of the truck.

Not sure if ARE or other brands have similar front glass options that take advantage of the roll down window. Are there any other campers I should consider? Thanks

Metro14536 and CuervoFrog like this.
  2. Oct 9, 2019 at 5:12 PM
    timsp8

timsp8 Former Tundra owner for 13 years

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Limited Crewmax - Traded In
    ARE offers ones with no front window and a boot. The dealer I got mine at refuses to sell that option cause he says it leaks. I think leer has a removable front window. So you could have the window and boot.

CuervoFrog likes this.
  3. Oct 9, 2019 at 7:03 PM
    Steve89gt

Steve89gt New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Vehicle:
    2018 Limited CM
    De-badged, De-chromed, TRD CAI, TRD Exhaust, Bilstein 5100s, Fuel 18 x 9 wheels, BFG KO2s 275/70/18, ESP Underseat Storage
    I had a century on my Titan (had a power sliding rear window). Also had a front window on the shell that I could use to pass things through. Spent many a night sleeping in there, she never leaked.

CuervoFrog likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top