1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Beaver Toyota for Service

Discussion in 'South East U.S.' started by pman9003, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Jan 12, 2021 at 7:50 PM
    pman9003

pman9003 [OP] New Member

Member:
    ATL
    Vehicle:
    2020 Platinum 4x4
    Re-posting this here since I didn't know we have regional sub-forums. I'm in Georgia, but it seems everything is the same policy wise between their GA and FL locations.

Looking for feedback from anyone that bought from Beaver and used their "Beaver Benefits". I ended up buying my Tundra from Beaver Toyota back in May and I'm planning on taking it in this week for the first service (5K miles). I'm considering canceling my appointment and going to a dealer that is closer to me and one that I trust, well as much as you can trust a dealer.

Does anyone have anything to say about the Beaver service department? I'm skeptical for a few reasons:

1) They say free oil changes for life, but the service schedule never calls for just an oil change. I'm assuming they incorporate the cost of the oil change into the cost of any other services and say it was "free".

2) Do they honor the powertrain warranty if you get it serviced at other Toyota dealerships? I was told they do, but this isn't in writing anywhere I could find. It seems like they could deny it on a whim if they wanted.

3) Most of the Beaver Benefits seem like BS to get uninformed shoppers to pay more. Free car washes at every service? Really I don't know a single dealer in my area that doesn't wash your car as part of any service. Pretty sure they never did an interior protection treatment or any of the other crap. Let's not even start on the nitrogen fill for the tires and the ugly green valve caps I had to trash.

2. Sep 2, 2022 at 6:48 AM
    Okimar

Okimar New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD Pro
    Magnuson Supercharger
    I just had my wife's cousin, who bought her Tundra 1794 at Beaver, and it took days and switching out the alternator to finally figure out it just needed a new battery. In the meantime, they loaned her a Platinum system would think about buying it. I don't think they are any better than anyone else.

3. Sep 2, 2022 at 8:18 AM
    purplenova

purplenova Not a new member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra Crewmax SR5
    Pillar Tape, Bullet Liner, 20% Tint, Tyger Star Armor Kenwood amp & AudioControl LC7i Tech12volts JL Tweeters
    I dont have a vehicle from them, but a buddy has something similar from a dealer up here in Ohio.
    In order for the "Benefits" to remain intact, dont you have to use them for your service appointments and according to their schedule?

4. Sep 6, 2022 at 11:02 AM
    pman9003

pman9003 [OP] New Member

Member:
    ATL
    Vehicle:
    2020 Platinum 4x4
    I think they try to say that, but most of the "benefits" are specific to the dealership.

The powertrain warranty they sell you is through a company called Fidelity Warranty Services, according to their site you can take your car to another shop or dealer for any covered repairs. However Beaver says you have to come back to them if you can. I think they use it as a way to "force" people to come back for service since that is how dealers make a lot of money.

5. Sep 6, 2022 at 11:12 AM
    GayFish

GayFish Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    2016 Super White SR5 CM 5.7L 4X4
    When I bought mine from them back in 2016, they gave me 3 year - 36k miles of oil changes/scheduled maintenance for free. They did honor that and it was a dealer specific arrangement, so I had to go to them. Free for life does seem a bit too good to be true, but even if it's only oil changes, that's nearly $100 bucks saved. Not sure how far you gotta go, so maybe that's not worth it for you...

6. Jun 6, 2023 at 2:28 PM
    Breckler23

Breckler23 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Cement Tundra SR5
    We have it on our sienna and it’s been great. I bought a tundra from a cord dealer here. And I’ve brought it there without issues.

I have to do the 75k miles checkup this week on the van. I’ll let you know if anything feels off. But I’ve been more than impressed with them every time I’ve dealt with them

To Top