1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Aux backup lights

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by parpales, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Apr 22, 2016 at 8:00 PM
    Black Wolf

Black Wolf Bigfoot Hunter, Sasquatch too, but not Yeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way
    These are as bright as $300+ rear bumper lights, but cost $20. Well maybe not as bright, unless you need to see a football field distance while you are backing up. Spend your money wisely. Unless you are a pro racer, why spend a small fortune for lighting that you may not need. Do you actually drive 100+ mph at night under the worse possible conditions during the Baja 500/1000 ?????? or just want to be cool and spend money for nothing?? Just saying. I won't spend $400+ for a 20" light bar. Crazy. IMHO. Why not use the money to improve 4 wheeling capability as in a locker? Rebuild-able shocks are way down my list too. Way down. Somehow over the years, we have forgotten what truly makes a decent 4X4.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
    NewImprovedRon and TruckyTruck like this.
  2. Apr 23, 2016 at 9:00 AM
    Black Wolf

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way
    Every now and then I see some decent prices for high end light bars/ bumper lights on Craig's List. They made be used but a good way to save a lot of scratch if you want the best lights. Same thing with rebuild-able shocks if you don't mind used and are on a budget.

3. Apr 23, 2016 at 2:20 PM
    TNTundra08

TNTundra08 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC 4x4
    3/1 lift. 20x9 Method standards, machine face. 305/55/20 nitto trail grapplers
    My curved 50" is "domination lighting" I think they are built very well it's held up so far and fair pricing for quality. That's the brand I'll stick with as my cheapo 30" craps out. It's getting s little moisture but it evaporates out the next day but it'll be a domination when I change it. Plus the inside is black versus silver and I like that. I'm not sure if they have those flush mounts though. I'd have to check but I'd like to paint match all the chrome on my truck and when I do I'm replacing my flush mounts and paint matching the face of those too.

4. Apr 24, 2016 at 12:48 PM
    nathanhubbell

nathanhubbell New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Vehicle:
    2013 rundra trd sr5
    Alot
    This is my next mod, buy an opt7 wiring harness, I have some serious lights in front of my truck.

20160424_144739.jpg

parpales[OP] and Black Wolf like this.
  5. Apr 24, 2016 at 5:24 PM
    Black Wolf

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    Semper Fi!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top