1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Audiolust's 2010 Salsa Red Build thread

Discussion in '2nd Gen Builds (2007-2013)' started by Audiolust, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Dec 13, 2022 at 3:04 PM
    Audiolust

Audiolust [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tundra Limited
    IPT Trans is on order, will take about a month to get here.

Anyone have suggestions on things to replace along the way? I am thinking a new starter at least. Not sure on the sensors or anything else in the area that might be a good candidate for replacement at 240k miles.

2. Feb 19, 2023 at 6:50 AM
    Audiolust

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tundra Limited
    IPT transmission is installed. Overall feels great, the shifts are mild for a performance trans.

Started the katzkin seat install. On hold as I wait for 3/4" good rings to get in. Some of the seat to frame holds are too tight with 1/2" rings I have.

WVI likes this.
  3. Jun 29, 2023 at 11:49 AM
    Audiolust

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tundra Limited
    Been awhile since an update. Been crazy over here. We just had our first child 8 weeks ago and have been adjusting to the new normal. On top of selling the last house for a flip and clearing/prepping land for a hopeful build here in the near future. But I was able to find some time for old faithful the last few weekends.

Towing more regularly with the land now hauling tractors and mowers back and forth on the weekends. Was in hard need of some insurance and a decent hitch. Ordered a WeighSafe 6" drop adjustable hitch. Installed Firestone Airbags and a daystar cradle kit to help support the load while towing.

Took out the Joying 10" "Stock fit" headunit. Overall not a great experience with it. Its not bad, its just not worth anything north of $250 IMO. Plus you cant run the heat in the winter for any period of time without losing sound. Took the Stinger Heigh10 unit out of our Dodge charger and installed it in its place. Apple Carplay and Android Auto is a plus. Dont love how far it sticks out and the screen resolution is meh. But convienence features wins. Eventually I'll upgrade to a proper Kenwood/Sony/Alpine.

Katzkin Seats were installed. Man what a pain. But it makes a huge difference. New aftermarket seat heaters were installed because the driver barely felt like it was ever on.

Finally got the Coastal Offroad bumper together. We aren't professional welders by any stretch, but overall assembly was okay for anyone mildly mechanically inclined. Worst part was the power steering pump cooler relocation. The directions convientently gloss over this section and man was it a gigantic pain getting it to fit behind the core support bar without bending cooler fins and subsequently avoiding kinked cooler lines in the engine bay. The cooler relocation also is going to mess with any dual battery setup in the future. Had I known I would have just bought an aftermarket square/rectangular cooler and put it along with the rads. I do not like the bracket solution they provide, but its fine for now.

Diode Dynamics SS3 pods in, have to come up with a way to get the lightbar in behind the bumper with some bracket magic. Waiting on my factor 55 stuff for the Badlands APEX winch. But overall I love the look of it. Its aggressive without being gaudy.

4. Jun 29, 2023 at 11:53 AM
    Florida AF

Florida AF New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Logan
    The real bay area.... FL
    Vehicle:
    2017 1974
    Congrats on the new addition!

Audiolust[OP] likes this.
  5. Jul 4, 2023 at 3:43 PM
    Audiolust

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tundra Limited
    Cali raised bed side MOLLE racks installed. 12k winch and diode dynamics ss3 pods and bar installed. Will get pics up soon

veloaudio2 likes this.
  6. Aug 8, 2023 at 6:09 PM
    veloaudio2

veloaudio2 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tundra SR5 4x4
    The interior bed Molle panels? Did you have to modify them? I asked because Cali raised says 2014 and up on the website.

7. Aug 9, 2023 at 3:33 AM
    Audiolust

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tundra Limited
    Yeah I caught that too, if you watch their video I think they say 2007 and up. No mods needed. Bolted right in.

Products Discussed in

To Top