1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ATV/UTVs and accessories

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by caboose, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Jul 7, 2022 at 3:40 PM
    AZBoatHauler

AZBoatHauler ASCM#3 Desert Dweller

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    So.Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2017 CM LTD TRD 4x4 MGM, 2017 LandCruiser
    6112 and 5160 w/ CB +2, JL Audio with Kenwood HU, DD 10" Exhaust, RC light bar BD fogs, Platinum LED headlights, RCI skids, WKOR sliders, BD ditch lights, Rago fab mounts
    I was able to get the skids off and service everything without even lifting the sxs and I’m closer to 300lb than 200.

scooter18 and landphil like this.
  2. Jul 16, 2022 at 1:15 PM
    AZBoatHauler

AZBoatHauler ASCM#3 Desert Dweller

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    So.Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2017 CM LTD TRD 4x4 MGM, 2017 LandCruiser
    6112 and 5160 w/ CB +2, JL Audio with Kenwood HU, DD 10" Exhaust, RC light bar BD fogs, Platinum LED headlights, RCI skids, WKOR sliders, BD ditch lights, Rago fab mounts
  3. Jul 16, 2022 at 3:55 PM
    FrenchToasty

FrenchToasty Desert rat, 6 lug enthusiast

Member:
    First Name:
    Mo
    SoAz
    Vehicle:
    06 phantom grey purrrrl Last of the Ridgelines
    Looks nice and bright!

4. Jul 26, 2022 at 9:00 PM
    GODZILLA

GODZILLA ASCM#1 Douchebag formerly known as 50 Buck

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cavalry Blue SR5 Crewmax
    RCI Skids and Sliders SCS Ray10 Wheels in Gunmetal Grey Falcon Tow/Haul Shocks by Terraflex Jomax ABS Sensor Guards

So, final bit of business with that dealership is resolved. They agreed to toss in the new grille because they hadn't even known it needed it and that they'd touch up the bumper damage. Well, I got the grille, but that was it. They did nothing with the bumper, so I loaded my machine and told them I wouldn't be back for anything service related. Here's some pics. Fair warning, I'm being picky and bitching.

Strange grease/oil mess in the bed of my RZR, so who knows what they spilled or why.

upload_2022-7-26_21-33-3.jpg

This is the wire harness for the winch control input. They just left it hanging, and the little bit of pink you can see is the connector in the middle of it. This gives enough weight for it to swing all around, cuz who cares about metal fatigue on copper wiring, right?

upload_2022-7-26_21-35-1.jpg

This is the marring above the front camera mounting hole. Don't know if that's from the bumper being bashed on it or the grille they tried to force in, but it pisses me off either way. If I had a front camera I'd almost bet money they would have damaged it.

upload_2022-7-26_21-38-7.jpg

This is actually the first damage I saw, and what prompted me to check the whole thing over. The pic doesn't show it very well, but it almost looks like somebody took a file or a rasp to it. My guess is it got banged into a metal shop table's edge. It's quite deep.

upload_2022-7-26_21-41-40.jpg

This is the other side of the bumper. Not as bad, but still down to the metal.

upload_2022-7-26_21-43-0.jpg

These two top side of the bumper looks like it was driving down a gravel road behind a rock chucking truck. Not all the way to the metal on all of them, but still sad for a $400+ bumper.

upload_2022-7-26_21-45-21.jpg upload_2022-7-26_21-46-13.jpg

The lower bars that come down and mount in the center of the machine look like they were set on the shop floor and then slid a bit.

upload_2022-7-26_21-48-53.jpg upload_2022-7-26_21-48-25.jpg

Of course all of this damage was blamed on Polaris or the delivery company, but how do you explain this bit? It's right between the two bars pictured above and completely shielded from any kind of shipping damage. Looks like tool marks from when they installed the two bolts shown above.

upload_2022-7-26_21-51-13.jpg

I updated the google review to reflect the poor follow through and I emailed Polaris directly. All they would have had to do was repaint the damaged bits and they'd have had a 4 star review and a customer happy enough to not complain. I hate that the automatic response to a complaint is "if we give you free stuff will you be quiet?" It's akin to offering a child a sucker to stop crying, rather than checking to see why they are upset.

Still, glad I bought the bumper and winch. I mean, at a distance it looks pretty good. I just should have installed it myself.

upload_2022-7-26_21-55-20.jpg

Surprisingly, Polaris was quick to respond, but it wasn't really anything great. Basically, paraphrased "dealers are independently owned and we can't control who they hire or their level of training." They offered a $300 voucher for parts/gear.

Without rewriting the email, I referenced Ford stepping in to correct dealers on the Lightning shenanigans, told them they do have the ability to compel dealers to do better, and that I'm not looking for a handout. I've asked what steps their "Dealer Improvement Team" plans to take, and if they have any kind of SOPs for installs and the like. Is a hanging wire harness really ok?

This polaris shop is the only powersports dealer/shop in the area I went to. Talking to locals, there are people going over a hundred miles to buy and service their machines, or buy competitors because this is the norm. I'm trying to draw attention to if for Polaris so they can remedy it, because it's not doing the brand any favors.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2022
    Sundog likes this.
  5. Jul 27, 2022 at 1:32 AM
    GODZILLA

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    RCI Skids and Sliders SCS Ray10 Wheels in Gunmetal Grey Falcon Tow/Haul Shocks by Terraflex Jomax ABS Sensor Guards
    Question for you guys that have installed winches and the like for these machines. Do I need to put no-ox on the wire connection points of the winch? They were totally dry/bare from the dealer install, but I would prefer to get info from actual owners.

6. Jul 27, 2022 at 5:24 AM
    Festerw

Festerw New Member

Member:
    Cambridge Springs, PA
    Vehicle:
    04 Tundra DC
    I'm not going to say the dealer is blameless in all of this but considering the shape the packing of the Polaris snowplow I bought was in when it was delivered I can see a lot of that coming form shipping damage. The plow was basically wrapped in a cardboard sleeve and shoved in a box, with the hardware taped in. By the time I got it the box looked like it had flipped down a flight of stairs end over end. When I mentioned it to the parts guy he pretty much said they package stuff like shit.

On the connections, exposed yeah they should be sprayed with something. Fluid Film works well.

GODZILLA likes this.
  7. Jul 27, 2022 at 6:19 AM
    GODZILLA

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    I'm sure some of it could be the shipping. They have the option to refuse damaged package, or letting the customer know before installing it to see if they even want it. Instead they threw it on half-assed and hoped it wouldnt get noticed.

Even with that, the piss off thing is the new marring on my machine and the fact that they said they'd touch it up and didn't. I'm not unreasonable, and I'm very accommodating if I'm kept in the loop. I know that things happen, and I don't blame them for that. I do blame them for lazy work and not doing what they say they will.

Festerw likes this.
To Top