1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

[Atlanta area] Crossland CC1 espresso machines, - v1, v1.5

Discussion in 'Marketplace - Other' started by shifty`, Jan 21, 2024.

1. Jan 21, 2024 at 5:00 PM
    shifty`

shifty` [OP] Damn you! Let the rabbits wear glasses!

Member:
    ATL
    Vehicle:
    '06 AC Limited V8/4WD
    (see signature for truck info)
    Can't ship, but open to pickup or handoff within a 1-2 hour radius of Atlanta. Listing here in case anyone is looking for a solid PID-based machine as their primary, or one to tinker with.

I've got two of these, one is a v1, the other is a v1.5 but, the latter is visqueen'd in the shop to prevent the vibe pump from losing prime. They're identical in function and nearly in appearance. v2 moves to the integrated drain.

I picked up the v1.5 "for parts", only to find it was in excceptional shape and only needed a thermal fuse (10min job) and a steamblock gasket. I sourced gaskets and a new CEME vibe pump from the OE manufacturer overseas, so it's got the most important internals refreshed. The steam tip on the v1.5 is the only part of the machine that looks fairly used, but I don't steam milk so IDGAF, myself. I do keep my machines religiously cleaned with Dezcal and Cafiza. I've been through both machines inside and out, they're working perfectly, no leaks, good pressure, and should remain that way if properly cared for.

If you know of espresso machines, you've probably heard of the CC1 and potentially Bill Crossland, who has worked for huge names in the industry designing machines. These deserve the hype IMHO. Simple, functional, effective, very programmable, and don't break the bank.

Both will come with:
    • Portafilter handle
    • Nice double-shot portafilter basket
    • Blind basket for flushing
    • Tamper (Either manual Rattleware, or a spring-loaded Normcore, 1st come gets their pick)
    These machines normally go for ~$350 used on fleaBay (proof of recent sales). I'll take $250 from any active Tundras.com member that's been here more than 90 days. If I need to drive more than 60 minutes one way to drop it off, I'll ask you kindly kick me $25 extra for gas.

I think it's a smoking deal, but I'm biased. If you don't have a decent espresso grinder, don't expect any magic, though.

Pics of the v1, happy to offer pics of the v1.5 if needed/requested. I've taken in a superauto recently and would prefer these don't sit around gathering dust.

upload_2024-1-21_19-57-58.png

upload_2024-1-21_19-58-5.png

upload_2024-1-21_19-58-14.png

Last edited: Jan 21, 2024
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
    TucsonTundra1794, ultraman29 and Bob like this.
  2. Jan 21, 2024 at 5:06 PM
    shifty`

Member:
    ATL
    Vehicle:
    '06 AC Limited V8/4WD
    PS - I'll also throw in a new group head gasket for the machine. I've replaced the gasket on both machines since 2021, so new owner shouldn't need one for a loooong time to come. But I'll throw it in at no charge anyway.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2024
  3. Mar 10, 2024 at 10:59 AM
    shifty`

Member:
    ATL
    Vehicle:
    '06 AC Limited V8/4WD
    Bump. Open to offers. This is a killer PID-based machine for the money.

Prefer not to ship. The machines have a penchant for creasing at this spot when carriers throw the box across the warehouse, even when packed with the rear of the machine facing down.

upload_2024-3-10_13-58-49.png

Products Discussed in

To Top