1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone from Fallon, NV?

Discussion in 'South West U.S.' started by Netmonkey, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Jan 2, 2019 at 2:30 PM
    Netmonkey

Netmonkey [OP] Don't be a Dumbass

Member:
    Georgetown, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 Texas Edition, 5.7, CM, MGM
    Icon stage 2 lift, 295 60 20 nitto ridge grapplers, fuel kranks, TRD dual exhaust, TRD rear sway bar
    hey there,

My grandparents are from Fallon, NV and are buried at a cemetery there. My half sister and I were talking about visiting Fallon this year to do some ancestry work. As a child, I used to visit my grandparents there, but details about the area are becoming more vague. I know that I had many relatives from my dad’s generation there at one time, but I think that only one of them is still alive.

So what I am getting at is... does anyone know of anyone or originate from the Peterson family line in Fallon, NV?

Thanks.

2. Jan 12, 2020 at 8:13 AM
    Predator Tundra

Predator Tundra New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Fallon, NV
    Vehicle:
    2020 Platinum
    My wife is from Fallon and I’ve lived here about 10 years now. I can ask her. The name is familiar but as we all know that doesn’t really mean much.

Bob likes this.
  3. Jan 12, 2020 at 11:13 AM
    Netmonkey

Netmonkey [OP] Don't be a Dumbass

Member:
    Georgetown, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 Texas Edition, 5.7, CM, MGM
    Icon stage 2 lift, 295 60 20 nitto ridge grapplers, fuel kranks, TRD dual exhaust, TRD rear sway bar
    wow small world... my query was a total shot in the dark. my sister and i did visit fallon in april of 2019. i was able to find a bunch of relatives. we visited the old high school (on Maine st) where my dad attended in the 1950's and the property where my grandfather lived is still there and it is still owned by family (its probably an acre or two in size). it is on Maine street just across and a little north from the museum. my cousin lives on that property now and i was able to reconnect with him.

it was a trip being back there and reminiscing (the last time that i was in fallon was in 1979). my sister and i were able to piece together how the family moved around over the years. we gathered alot of information from the museum (it is the historical archive for the county) and from visiting the high school (we were able to get a tour of it and some history from our guide).

it was a great trip.

thanks for responding :)

Bob likes this.
To Top