1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any personal reviews or opinions on the Springfield Hellcat?

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by IowaGuy, Apr 16, 2022.

1. Apr 16, 2022 at 6:31 PM
    IowaGuy

IowaGuy [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Arizona by way of Iowa
    Vehicle:
    2019 SR5 upgrade MGM
    In Process
    I looked at the pro model yesterday and am kinda intrigued with its smaller 1 inch wide frame and 15 rd capacity. It is RMR ready with a textured grip. Right now my everyday carry is a Walther PPS or a Glock 19 depending on outside temp and my wardrobe.

2. Apr 26, 2022 at 5:26 AM
    Hurricane

Hurricane Default: Aggressive

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 White 1794
    None
    This is my opinion, but I don’t buy anything with a Springfield logo on it. I feel they bank on being “American” when almost nothing they sell is made here. And also, their quality is often exceptionally non-existent.

That aside, we have had a few come in the shop and they have all had heavy triggers and otherwise seem really cheap. My preference is to go with the Sig 365X or the Glock 48. With Shield Arms mags, the Glock 48 can hold 15 rounds and is roughly the same size as the Hellcat Pro. That being said, I’m also typically carrying a Shadow Systems MR920 (it’s roughly the size of a Glock 19/17) so I don’t mind carrying a larger framed gun that I can shoot easily and accurately.

Fiesta346, Tundra Dude 45 and JimBeam like this.
  3. Apr 26, 2022 at 6:26 AM
    Kung

Kung Dead sexy

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    KG, VA
    Vehicle:
    2020 SR5 CM 4WD, TRD Off-Road, Voodoo Blue
    Spiffy console tray Spiffy N-Fab steps Spiffy Katzkin seats
    I'd second the Sig P365, specifically the XL. I shot both prior to buying, and in general the P365XL is a good CCW piece - I shoot better with it than I do with my Glock 19X.

4. May 13, 2022 at 6:30 PM
    Tundra Dude 45

Tundra Dude 45 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Vehicle:
    2019 SR 4.6L DC 4X4
    8” BAMuffler, TRD airflow accelerator, front window tint/windshield sun stripe, debadged tailgate 4x4 emblem, trimmed mud flaps, antenna removed stainless screw added, TRD rear sway bar, AFE high flow air filter.
    I fired a magazine thru my friends 9mm Hellcat, I like the bright front sight, it feels good in my hands, trigger is heavy. Magazine feels good and drops freely. But for me I prefer the Sig P365 over Hellcat.

5. May 13, 2022 at 6:37 PM
    xtyfighterx

xtyfighterx New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    North Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2015 Black Crewmax Mid Travel
    Mid travel fox 2.5 coilovers 2.0 real shocks shims 295 70 18 trail grapplers pro accessories 32in light bar blacked out bed cover sway bar Moto metal 970 18x9
    I forgot about all those pistols once I held and shot a Walther PDP

6. May 13, 2022 at 6:46 PM
    DiamondW

DiamondW Stockblocker

Member:
    First Name:
    Kent
    Gonzales Co., TX
    Vehicle:
    ‘17 CM TRDOR
    Not much…yet.
    I wouldn’t buy a Springfield trash can personally.

Fiesta346, Hurricane and 1lowlife like this.
  7. May 13, 2022 at 6:56 PM
    xtyfighterx

xtyfighterx New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    North Idaho
    Vehicle:
    Mid travel fox 2.5 coilovers 2.0 real shocks shims 295 70 18 trail grapplers pro accessories 32in light bar blacked out bed cover sway bar Moto metal 970 18x9
    I think Springfield did great with the AR personally. The hellcat isn’t bad but for the money there’s some better option. End of the day your money get what you want. After all they all do the same thing.

8. May 13, 2022 at 7:55 PM
    Dantdodge

Dantdodge New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    Tampa
    Vehicle:
    2018 tundra sr5 crewmax trd 4x4
    Stock trd off road
    Personally like the size for cc. Extended mag gives a good grip with my hands. Love the sights. I like the feel in my hand and trigger. Shoots a 9mm every time I have pulled the trigger.

9. May 13, 2022 at 9:25 PM
    MrTrail

MrTrail New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5 4x4 CM
    Is a good pistol. At the end of the day a bullet leaves the barrel at certain speed and the next round gets chambered. Most major brands have good product. I think its fine and wouldn't mind owing one if someone gave me one as a gift. But there are others that I like more. The p365x comes optics ready and can also hold 15, while being smaller and lighter weight for all day edc.

10. May 13, 2022 at 9:52 PM
    adamreinhardt

adamreinhardt Blk 17 Platinum 4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    2017 Platinum in Midnight Black Metallic
    Own one and luv it. Got the optics-ready version although I never got the optics, will someday. Fits well for CCW, lots of holster options. Easy to take apart, easy to clean. Light, 15 rounds. Always shoots well, chambers when it’s supposed to, never a problem with it. Thought it sprayed around but I practiced a bit and now hit targets cleanly, was all me. Lots of kick but that’s to be expected in a small gun. That’s probably the only negative review I’ve heard from others shooting mine, is that it bucks pretty hard, but again I think it just takes a little practice. Was told P365 was the way to go when I picked it up just after it hit the market and I didn’t listen. After shooting 365s on many occasion, I like em but don’t see any significant difference. I don’t think you could go wrong either way. As for who makes what and where, I work hard for my money and therefore spend it where the value is. Unless it’s an apples to apples argument, no flag is gonna tip the scales for me. Brother has many of the XD series Springfields and I really like the .40s and .45s. Haven’t met one I didn’t like.

IowaGuy[OP], Dantdodge and TunsofFon like this.
  11. May 14, 2022 at 5:39 AM
    RollTide82

RollTide82 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra 4x4
    I have a hellcat and carry it often. Have a few other springfields with no problems. I even have a few keltecs so....I guess I go for quantity and not quality...lol I go with what fits my hand or fits in my waistband better.

12. May 14, 2022 at 7:51 AM
    akmerle

akmerle New Member

Member:
    Wasilla, AK
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Platinum & 2020 Jeep SRT
    My daily is a Hellcat OSP w/ Sig RomeoZero, and We The People IWB w/ claw.

Gun is more accurate than I am, goes bang every time I pull the trigger, and appendix carries well with no printing even with 15rd mag.

I shot it and my buddy’s 365 prior to purchase. Both are fine pistols, and can’t go wrong with either.

Trigger felt better on the 365, but overall ergonomics felt better in my hand with the Hellcat. Was more accurate with the Hellcat in the relatively limited rounds I put thru both.

I ultimately went with the Hellcat due to better accuracy and ergos, along with it being optic ready.

Lots of great micro options available now. Highly suggest shooting as many as you can prior to purchase.

13. May 14, 2022 at 8:38 AM
    xtyfighterx

xtyfighterx New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    North Idaho
    Vehicle:
    My dad just bought a shadow systems that’s another pistol to check out. That will be my next buy very impressed with it.

Hurricane likes this.
  14. May 14, 2022 at 9:11 AM
    Pmac

Pmac New Member

Member:
    South of Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2019 CrewMax TRD Off-road
    I have a buddy that loves his Hellcat. It’s been flawless for him, he bought his wife one recently too. I went with the Glock 43X + 15 round mags for a truck gun. Glock 48 would have been fine too, I do shoot the 43x a little better, but am no great pistol shot so probably splitting hairs. Also carry several M&P’s, a Shield in .40 and a Bodyguard in .380.

AircareTundra likes this.
  15. May 27, 2022 at 8:26 PM
    IowaGuy

IowaGuy [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Arizona by way of Iowa
    Vehicle:
    2019 SR5 upgrade MGM
    In Process
    The 365's and Glock 43's are taking a beating on mag reliability reviews and price. I currently carry either a Walther PPS (7 rds) or a Glock 19 depending. The Hellcat is the same size as the Walther but with 13 rounds. I also really like the sights on the Hellcat. my G19 is just a bit bulky compared to my Walther and weather makes a huge diiference in AZ as far as clothing and concealment.
    Oh, the Walther PPQ pistol lime has the BEST triggers in the business.

16. Jun 12, 2022 at 8:39 AM
    IowaGuy

IowaGuy [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Arizona by way of Iowa
    Vehicle:
    2019 SR5 upgrade MGM
    In Process
    I picked up the Hellcat yesterday after my wife gave me a gift certificate for our anniversary. The sights on this thing are really quick to put on target. It is cut for an RMR but I prefer old school. It is the same size as the Walther PPS but 13 rounds. With things as crazy as they are I like the extra round count and this will probably become my EDC.

Products Discussed in

To Top