1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any Gen 2 Tundra Owners w/Bullydot GT

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by 009m, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Jun 29, 2020 at 9:14 PM
    009m

009m [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 Black Tundra Platinum
    Tuner, cold air intake, catback exhaust
    Hey all, I'm new to the Tundra fam and new to truck tuning as well. Previously owned an 02 f-150 and did little to it other than routine maint… When I bought my Tundra recently I budgeted in some upgrades, and the first one I went with was a Bullydog GT tuner. I was so excited to get it installed, but have had nothing but problems. First I had the 011 error, and after some time finally getting to contact BD, they got my chip updated. I thought all was going to be good, but then I went to install it into my 2010 Platinum and got another error... 502-" device doesn't recognize the vehicles stock information." So after finally getting BD on chat they started looking into it and did not have a fix other than they would have to have BD engineering look into it and that it could take awhile. I found that the part number the tuner is not recognizing is tied to a system calibration update that refers to a Toyota Technical Service Bulletin about the engine crank calibration (I don't have the exact info with me at the moment that I am posting this). Has anyone else recently got a BD and having issues? I am frustrated because I was excited to get this tuner, it was one of the first things I purchased and now I am indefinitely stuck with a $430 block of plastic. My frustrations are also with BD. I was happy with their customer service regarding the 011 error, but the second go around hasn't been as good, I asked for some communication on the issue, even just an email after they took all my info but have not heard anything. I plan on reaching back out this week when I get to a day off from work.

2. Jul 8, 2020 at 10:03 AM
    SalsaTheTundra

SalsaTheTundra New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jd
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2008 Salsa Tundra Double Cab SR5 5.7
    Ubar led headlights K&N filter +50HP
    yes and i love it.

3. Jul 8, 2020 at 10:29 AM
    timsp8

timsp8 Former Tundra owner for 13 years

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Limited Crewmax - Traded In
    I had one on my 2010 and never got an issue. I assume you updated it. Did you retune your truck, then they messed with it and it thinks it’s tied to a different truck? Can they reset it for you? As a last resort, might need Toyota to reflash you to stock and then try again. I think dealer charge around $100 to do it.

4. Jul 8, 2020 at 10:04 PM
    TX210Tundra

TX210Tundra New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 RCSB 5.7 2WD "Sport" / 2022 Limited Hybrid
    2008 - SOS 2/4 Lowering Kit : Firestone Bags : Bilstein Sports at 4 corners : TRD Pro Grill : TRD Pro 18in BBS Forged : Grip Pro LSD : Mike's "ByeNanny" : ARH LT 1 3/4 : ARH Cats : 3" X-Pipe: 3" Dual Borla XR1's / 3" Vibrant Resonators: 3" Tail pipes: DIY SABM: TRD Intake : AFE T/B Spacer : TRD Accelerator : LED Interior/Exterior : Atoto Pro HU : Cerwin Vega 10in Slim : AVS Visors : Sequoia Leather Seats : TRD shift Knob - OVTuned "Spicy 91 Torque Tune" 2022 Limited Crewmax Sonic Red Hybrid - TRD Filters : EGR Window Visors : Cheer Dring Android Adapter : RC Bed Cover : RC 1.75 Level Kit : Undercover Swing Case
    I had an error out the gate that required me to finally call BD to get it sorted. Once they configured the files on my BD I was good to go. Give them some time to troubleshoot though.

I was upset like yourself with errors out of the box but their support was great. Hang in there it will be worth it, I really like my BD-Platinum as the performance was noticable for me

5. Jul 12, 2020 at 8:08 PM
    Silver4x4trd

Silver4x4trd New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra SR5 & 2012 Sequoia SR5
    Jba long tube headers, dirty deeds TRD exhaust (2x24), 19+ Pro lights and grill painted sky silver, TRD rear sway bar, TRD reusable air filter, PnP sliders, pnp full set skid plates, 275/70/18 ko2’s, bully dog bdx (trail setting), c4 hybrid bumper with DD lights(sae fog and driving)
    I just installed the bullydog bdx last week. I got it from @dirtydeeds. No problems so far.

Products Discussed in

To Top