1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

any competition shooters?

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by ardnutoz, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Sep 14, 2019 at 4:26 AM
    Aggieddad02

Aggieddad02 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Walter
    Spring, TX
    Vehicle:
    2019 Limited CM TRD Off Road
    I shoot USPSA matches, although this year has been hard on my ability to make matches

Badger Co-Op likes this.
  2. Sep 18, 2019 at 11:17 AM
    Glockmeister

Glockmeister New Member

Member:
    North of the summer hell
    Vehicle:
    ‘17 Crewmax SR5 4X4 TRD
    Started shooting modified Bulleye comps with my Gold Cup. (short range matches, very easy stuff)
    Got into GSSF and after winning 3 guns they sent a letter saying "Welcome to Master Division".
    Those guys at the top shoot faster and more accurately than I do...it wouldn't hurt to be 30 years younger with the eyes I had back then.
    I had fun winning new guns with the guns I won. :thumbsup:

Want to get in to IDPA but have to run down a match to watch and see if my equipment is GTG. A couple guys I know shoot USPSA so that may be in the cards if I can get my azz into better shape.
    Right now it's so bad after running the channels with the remote, I need a nap!

bvia and Badger Co-Op like this.
  3. Nov 13, 2019 at 10:05 AM
    Badger Co-Op

Badger Co-Op Blood sausage, cheese, and lutefisk; hit me!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenny
    WISCO
    Used to run IPSC and USPSA stuff in the region, then a new job took over my weekends.

Great experiences with awesome people. Taught me how to better fine tune mags and semi autos and do classroom training.

Aggieddad02 likes this.
  4. Nov 13, 2019 at 10:08 AM
    rockmup

rockmup New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    Greenwell Springs LA.
    Vehicle:
    2019 1794
    Kings, 5:29's, E-lockers on 37's
    USPSA for 10yrs or so, couple a month and 3 gun when I could. I've been out for about 3 yrs now but would love to get back to it. Here in the South we are lucky to be able to shoot all year long.

Badger Co-Op and Aggieddad02 like this.
  5. Nov 13, 2019 at 10:55 AM
    Gotyour6

Gotyour6 New Member

Member:
    Fairport, NY
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra Pro
    Competed in long range for a while but NY made my gun more dangerous than any other gun out there due to it was black.
    I haven't competed in years

Badger Co-Op likes this.
  6. Nov 13, 2019 at 1:38 PM
    Badger Co-Op

Badger Co-Op Blood sausage, cheese, and lutefisk; hit me!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenny
    WISCO
    Are you "The Accountant"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KQX2sIhQJY

DaddyPete likes this.
  7. Nov 13, 2019 at 2:09 PM
    Gotyour6

Gotyour6 New Member

Member:
    Fairport, NY
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra Pro
    Badger Co-Op[QUOTED] likes this.
  8. Nov 14, 2019 at 5:46 AM
    marinakorp

marinakorp New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC 5.7 SR5 TRD Mica Green
    Tow Mirrors, Tekonsha p3, 12 v Solutions remote Start,Weather Tech Mats, Truxedo Roll up Tonneau
    Yes, Have shot IDPA for a number of years, occasionally join in the USPSA or Steel at our club, and have sat in on a few CMP at the club as well. but primarily shoot in IDPA (When I get the chance - been less and less these last few years)

Shot at nationals (when it was held in PA), Pa States, Springfield Winter, and the Central American Open in Costa Rica - first year 2010 I believe (that was a hoot! - there were Stages where one was blindfolded (and had to shoot with the blindfold on) ...and another where you were handcuffed..had to remove one had from the cuff before engaging targets.) Good Times.

The CR event was cool, as there local police were on hand to make sure we were "safe"...and their eyes got as big as saucers when the buzzer went off and we started running, blasting targets - effectively...They asked at the end of the day if we could help them learn what we do. They get 50 rounds a year - to train, and qualify...TOTAL...

I bought 100 rounds each (not cheap in the CR - cant run to Wallmart and pick up a "fun pack" for not much) and we put on a clinic for the 3 officers. Found the "best" and started to make him the "trainer" and to see what his compatriots were doing "wrong"...he got it quickly, and recognized how to do it right - even if he wasnt perfect at it himself, he could recognize the issue...worked well for the limited # of rounds and time we had to "train" these guys. Recommended they ditch the "uncle mikes" holsters and invest in some leather...their life may depend on it...at the end of the class, they got it.

I shot like shit - but had a good time.

equin, Glockmeister and Badger Co-Op like this.
  9. Nov 14, 2019 at 6:04 AM
    Misfire

Misfire New Member

Member:
    Have shot local 3 gun, 2 gun, PCC, pistol, PRC and shotgun matches off and on for about 7 years. This year I laid off mostly due to other interests but I still get out and shoot occasionally. It’s a lot of fun and most everyone you encounter is friendly and helpful.

Badger Co-Op likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top