1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any Canadians taking delivery of their 2022 yet ?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Weimer369, Dec 28, 2021.

1. Mar 16, 2023 at 3:14 PM
    Im still waiting

Im still waiting New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Waiting on a limited tundra
    I ordered mine on 15 March 2022. Yes 2022. I’ve been told I’m, 3rd, 5th, 9th, 7th, and now 5th on the list. I’m going out this weekend and looking at similarly equipped Silverados and Rams. If I can get a reasonable delivery date, I think I’m going to take one of them up.

2. Mar 16, 2023 at 3:16 PM
    Mattedfred

Mattedfred Toyota Fan Boy Since ‘04

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Cambridge, Ontario Canada
    Vehicle:
    2023 SR5 TRD Sport DC 4X4 in MGM
    TRD Skid Plate/Running Boards, Bison Soft Rollup Tonneau, Thule Canoe Rack, Bedmat, Tailgate Black Insert Badge, Northwest Seat Covers Neoprene Custom Fit Front Row Seat Covers. Tailgate Mat
    Ours has been pushed back to April 10-18 now.

3. Mar 16, 2023 at 3:26 PM
    in_the_mud

in_the_mud GSD

Member:
    First Name:
    Raph
    Calgary, AB
    Vehicle:
    2023 Limited L TRD OR MBM
    It sucks! I put a deposit down May 6 and still nothing in sight. My salesman won't even tell me how many Limited TRDs he needs to deliver to others before my turn. So after searching and searching and loosing patience I am set to pick another one up somewhere else early May. So it'll be over a year for me too.

4. Mar 16, 2023 at 3:31 PM
    Im still waiting

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I’m at the point where they just look at a computer screen and tell me a random number, that they think will get me out of their showroom. I’ve had to walk into their showroom to get any info every time.

5. Mar 16, 2023 at 4:56 PM
    gmcguire7220

gmcguire7220 New Member

Member:
    Ontario Canada
    Vehicle:
    2022 Limited TRD OR Crewmax - WCP- 2019 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid XSE
    TRD running boards & Falken Wildpeak tires
    I think if I didn’t have a sales guy / manager looke at their allocations when I was $$ in hand a year ago, I’d have been in the same boat as many. I only had to accept a different colour to get a truck faster. Got exact model I was looking at. I cant imagine how frustrating a wait of close to or more than a yr for some is!

6. Mar 17, 2023 at 12:41 AM
    Stegosaurus437

Stegosaurus437 New Member

Member:
    BC
    Vehicle:
    Black ‘23 Tundra Platinum Hybrid
    It’s the damn hybrids. It’s taking forever.

If I could find a Ford power boost at price parity I would have already put a deposit on one or grabbed one of them.

7. Mar 17, 2023 at 7:08 AM
    in_the_mud

in_the_mud GSD

Member:
    First Name:
    Raph
    Calgary, AB
    Vehicle:
    Mine is a non-hybrid and it's a year long waiting for me too.

Im still waiting likes this.
  8. Mar 17, 2023 at 7:11 AM
    Mattedfred

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Vehicle:
    TRD Skid Plate/Running Boards, Bison Soft Rollup Tonneau, Thule Canoe Rack, Bedmat, Tailgate Black Insert Badge, Northwest Seat Covers Neoprene Custom Fit Front Row Seat Covers. Tailgate Mat
    Have any of you folks asked your salesperson to consider looking into a dealer swap?
    I believe that there are more and more deposits getting refunded, making orders now available to any buyer. Previous committed buyers are starting to walk away from deals due to high inflation, rising interest rates, long wait times and deeper discounts from the Big 3.

9. Mar 17, 2023 at 7:51 AM
    in_the_mud

in_the_mud GSD

Member:
    First Name:
    Raph
    Calgary, AB
    Vehicle:
    My original request was for Lunar Rock Limited TRD OR CM 5.5 bed with 6 months long wait.
    Later I gave my salesman all the options imaginable. Different colours, long bed, hybrid - and nothing. I don't believe I would need to tell him to consider a dealer swap.
    Few weeks ago I've found a Black Limited TRD OR 6.5 bed I'd be getting in May.

10. Mar 17, 2023 at 8:02 AM
    Mattedfred

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Vehicle:
    You wouldn’t think so, however, we had been in contact with dozens of dealerships across the country. We didn’t know about dealer swaps. Not a single salesperson suggested it except for the one that ended up getting our deposit. Funny thing was, it turned out to be the closest dealership to us. When I updated the salesperson at the dealership we normally deal with for servicing our current Toyotas he just shrugged.

11. Mar 17, 2023 at 4:18 PM
    Im still waiting

Member:
    Vehicle:

I was originally told 3 months tops because they swap with other dealers all the time. At 6 months I was told no dealerships are willing to swap due to the limited allocations, and that they could find a buyer if someone backed out. I wish you luck, but unless you have a vin I wouldn’t get your hopes up on a swap. I am hoping I’m wrong though, and it arrives soon.

12. Apr 10, 2023 at 6:45 PM
    MasterchiefPP

MasterchiefPP New Member

Member:
    Finally getting mine after 18 months.........

Mattedfred likes this.
  13. Apr 10, 2023 at 8:03 PM
    in_the_mud

in_the_mud GSD

Member:
    First Name:
    Raph
    Calgary, AB
    Vehicle:
    18 months??? What are you getting and where?

14. Apr 11, 2023 at 3:40 AM
    MasterchiefPP

MasterchiefPP New Member

Member:
    Limited Crew Max 6,5 Quebec, Canada.

15. Apr 25, 2023 at 6:29 PM
    Stegosaurus437

Member:
    BC
    Vehicle:
    Went past Ford today. Seriously considering putting a deposit on a PowerBoost F150. 4-5 months they say they think it will take to get a Hybrid... already been waiting 18 months and no build date or vin or anything from toyota

16. Apr 26, 2023 at 4:40 AM
    MasterchiefPP

MasterchiefPP New Member

Member:

I guess it really depends on the dealer’s allocation. I know they started feeding Canada from West to East mostly. Once they get to a certain area, they look at sales numbers of the dealerships and allocate the trucks in the pipeline accordingly.

I consider myself lucky to get this truck even though it wasn’t the model I was initially planning to get. But overall, you know what they say ? Only go shopping for a car when you already own one that you like. It helps to manage the expectations. I am currently satisfied with my truck but will likely (hopefully) be more with the new.

I’ll update when I’ll be out of the dealership yard with the keys.

Mattedfred likes this.
  17. Apr 26, 2023 at 8:29 AM
    BuckyCanada

BuckyCanada New Member

Member:
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2022 Blueprint Limited TRD OR
    OEM Tonneau, TRD step rails, Bed Step ordered, Soon - Charvonia tiedowns, Taco cat shield
    I am also very happy with the truck and got what I wanted aside from colour.

My original wait at Dealer A (one of the largest Toyota dealerships in the region) was a year + due to receiving 2-10 trucks per month and being 94 on the list. Dealer B was smaller and more rural and receives 0-2 trucks per month but I was 6th on the list. I cancelled sale at Dealer A and confirmed a bill of sale with Dealer B and then settled in for a several month wait. After 1 month of going to this dealership someone lower down on the wait list rejected their truck when it arrived at the dealership. Customers 1-5 wanted to wait for a truck closer to their original wants list so bingo I got the truck.

I had a good experience ultimately through developing relationships at other dealers and determine which one received a good portion of trucks compared to the wait list.

Good luck.

18. Apr 26, 2023 at 8:34 PM
    Stegosaurus437

Member:
    BC
    Vehicle:
    Things changed drastically for me very suddenly. I called the dealer and told them I’ve been shopping around and wanted to know what they could do for me in the shortest term possible.
    They came up with two options that I liked. Magnetic grey limited CM hybrid TRD OR, and Black Platinum CM hybrid. I thought about it just the afternoon. 4-5 months delay if I went with Ford. Supposedly the Platinum will arrive in May, so I went with that. I wanted Lunar Rock, but this will have to do. Since we comparison shopped Ford and the Platinum is most-of-the-way to being like an F150 Lariat (and $2000 cheaper than it), I’m going with the more loaded Toyota truck (limited vs Plat).

19. Apr 26, 2023 at 9:08 PM
    in_the_mud

in_the_mud GSD

Member:
    First Name:
    Raph
    Calgary, AB
    Vehicle:
    Good for you. The waiting is just infuriating.
    What I don't understand is you were waiting for well over a year with nothing in sight and now all of the sudden dealer (I assume the one with the deposit) have to options for you to choose from?

20. Apr 26, 2023 at 9:19 PM
    Stegosaurus437

Member:
    BC
    Vehicle:
    Yes. Although there were other times I called, and some other less appetizing trucks offered. 1, a $105,000 Capstone, and 2, a silver Limited I think it was... I mentioned it previously.

I know from some added detail I didn’t ask for:
    I called my sales guy on the day before the sales manager was in (luck)... he came in with the list of unassigned trucks that would be delivered soon. The grey CM TRD OR is expected August. The Plat. in May. These trucks are bound to be much closer to what someone else ordered than myself. I am very very high on the list though. I think 3rd, and the top two have their trucks.

So although it is conspicuous, I think the timing was luck and there has been no fishyness or weird vibes... the sales guy’s words and actions seem 100% genuine to me. I might actually rather have the Grey TRD OR... but I just want to get out of the cycle of waiting. Maybe I’ve had a bit of options/luxury creep from looking at some nice Fords too. Ford’s more expensive lariat has the pano roof as a $2700 option... the plat has it included at a lower price than the lariat sans roof. Pretty stoked fam. It’s been useful at times to have this thread to check in with, vent, be encouraged, etc. :)

21. Apr 26, 2023 at 9:41 PM
    in_the_mud

in_the_mud GSD

Member:
    First Name:
    Raph
    Calgary, AB
    Vehicle:
    I would settle too. I wanted Lunar Rock as well but it's been a year already and nothing in sight, was told couple weeks ago it would be at least another 3-4 months, maybe more. So I've found a black one somewhere else due in May but now this one was pushed to June.
    Hopefully you will get yours soon.

22. Apr 27, 2023 at 3:51 AM
    Mattedfred

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Vehicle:
    IMHO demand is waning due to continued supply chain constraints, rising inflation and interest rates. Potential buyers who’d previously placed deposits have either purchased a different brand due to the long wait time or requested a refund on their deposit due to now unmanageable finance costs.
    We were shocked when our local dealer advised us late January that they may be able to get us our truck by April. We’ve been sceptical this whole time. The truck is now at the dealer and we may be able to bring it home today.
    I’ll repeat myself yet again, dealer swap.
    Your exact truck is likely destined for some dealership in Canada right now and currently unspoken for.
    Ours was originally allocated to a dealership in Whitehorse. We live in Cambridge.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2023
  23. Apr 27, 2023 at 6:49 AM
    BuckyCanada

BuckyCanada New Member

Member:
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2022 Blueprint Limited TRD OR
    OEM Tonneau, TRD step rails, Bed Step ordered, Soon - Charvonia tiedowns, Taco cat shield
    You are right on the money.

Supply constraints are not getting better as many companies are struggling throughout the supply chain with post Covid labour situation, astronomical inflation in raw materials and tooling costs, and availability of machine parts for processes.

One of the downfalls of the inflationary fighting tactics is that it is harder for some folks to finance.
    There are increased number of customers having remorse in their purchase plans due to financing realities when the vehicles show up. This is changing the situation.

In addition, the momentum of the Tundra launch upgrades and changes is fading with a slew of major improvements from the competitors with many more options. Don’t get me wrong I still love my Tundra but this is the market competition reality.

I hope you get your truck very soon!

Mattedfred[QUOTED] likes this.
  24. Apr 27, 2023 at 5:11 PM
    Mattedfred

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Vehicle:
    Picked up our new ‘23 today!
    You’ll have to excuse the homeless looking old man in the photo.

284F9A46-C432-427F-9A55-203A2EB1FF7B.jpg

25. Apr 27, 2023 at 6:32 PM
    Stegosaurus437

Member:
    BC
    Vehicle:
    Makes sense to me. I agree with you almost 100% of the way. Just shy of 100% because the exact truck destined for some dealership right now thing. It seems there really aren’t that many Lunar Rock Limited TRD ORs. Putting color aside though, you’re onto something I’d say lol

Mattedfred[QUOTED] likes this.
  26. Apr 27, 2023 at 8:19 PM
    in_the_mud

in_the_mud GSD

Member:
    First Name:
    Raph
    Calgary, AB
    Vehicle:
    You're right. That's the truck I wanted and unfortunately I am not any closer to getting it than I was a year ago. So had to give up on that.

27. May 1, 2023 at 7:27 PM
    dogtruck

dogtruck New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    2023 tundra?
    Hi ive got a lunar rock(the colour no one seems to get?) limited cm 6.5 been on order since mid march 2022 still no word. anyone out west seeing any dealers getting orders in?

28. May 1, 2023 at 7:49 PM
    in_the_mud

in_the_mud GSD

Member:
    First Name:
    Raph
    Calgary, AB
    Vehicle:
    I don't know where you're located but here in Calgary last time I spoke with my salesman few weeks ago there was no updates about the truck at all. I am not really sure how it works in Canada but my understanding is once you put the deposit down (you did in March and I did in May of last year) the dealer is sending a request to Toyota Canada and getting a response if accepted. The next update is Scheduled For Production and I've been told from that moment it's usually 3-4 months to delivery of the truck. In the meantime dealer should send you a VIN after it's built - usually a month before delivery. In my case a year is about to pass this week and there was no updates at all.

29. May 1, 2023 at 7:54 PM
    G3ardnut

G3ardnut Brushed Chrome is COOL

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    2023 Limited TRD Offroad Crewmax Celestial Silver Metallic
    I placed a deposit on April 21, 2023 for a Limited TRD OR Crewmax short box in Celestial Silver. My dealer called me back on April 24th saying he found 3 in the system that were going to other dealerships across Canada for the same truck that were not spoken for. One of those dealerships was willing to trade. The truck is supposed to arrive in July. So 3 months is pretty good if it really does happen. When I put the deposit down my dealership was telling me it could take 4 to 6 months.

Last edited: May 1, 2023
  30. May 1, 2023 at 7:54 PM
    dogtruck

dogtruck New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    2023 tundra?
    Hi.
    yeah my status is the same. Im just outside Vancouver. Have seen a few 3rd gens around the city but not many. Would be nice if Toyota or Toyota Canada would send auto updates when wait times are this crazy. I was originally told 6 to 8 months when I put the order in Gonna be double that pretty quick here

Products Discussed in

To Top