1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Another story of why I don't take my truck in for service

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by IowaGuy, Apr 14, 2023.

1. Apr 14, 2023 at 4:53 PM
    IowaGuy

IowaGuy [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Arizona by way of Iowa
    Vehicle:
    2019 SR5 upgrade MGM
    In Process
    This morning I took a company truck in for its first oil change. I was watching them do it and when they went to re-fill the oil the pump gun wasn't working.

The tech stood there with the hose in the oil fill and kind of of looked at it before realizing it wasn't working So he put the hose back in the rack and went to do something else He came back a few minutes later and checked the belts and other fluids and put the oil cap back on.

He then went start it up to check for leaks. I caught and told him, umm you never put oil in it because the gun wasn't working and I asked him to check the dipstick. Luckily the other tech nearby overheard and checked it out and verified there was no oil in it.

If I had been on looking at my phone or not watching I could have missed it. It might not have hurt running it for a bit until they checked it but I wouldn't want that to happen to my personal vehicle.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2023
To Top