1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Amazon Aftermarket Camber Bolts

Discussion in '1st Gen Tundras (2000-2006)' started by nohenns, Mar 8, 2024.

1. Mar 8, 2024 at 1:01 PM
    nohenns

nohenns [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Noah
    Vehicle:
    2002 4.7 Tundra SR5
    Stock, Fishing-Towing Machine
    Hi yall,

I recently bought my friends 2002 Tundra off of him and have been bringing it back to life. The truck has bad positive camber up front and I can see that the camber bolts could be adjusted to fix this. I have been soaking them with Kroil and haven't tried to move the current ones yet but I bet they are seized to the bushing sleeve.

The aftermarket options for camber bolts are a terrible design with the plastic sleeves and D shaped washers and bolt. But on the other hand the OEM camber bolts are around $200 for all 4.

On Amazon there is a set of camber bolts that seem comparable to the oem design for 70$ (linked below)

https://www.amazon.com/Alignment-Adjustment-2000-2006-2001-2007-4840934030/dp/B0CG66DLTT?th=1

Has anyone tried these aftermarket bolts out? They are made by some company called 'Qnbes'. I would prefer to save the over 100$ I would spend for the oem ones but quality is a concern with amazon parts like these. Do people go with other options such as camber hardware from a junkard Tundra?

Ill take any input I can get, I couldn't find any info on these bolts when searching the forums.
    Thanks

2. Mar 8, 2024 at 1:59 PM
    FishNinja

FishNinja HIDE YOUR DAUGHTERS

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    TEXAN....big surprise
    Vehicle:
    06DC2wd
    My OEM got 260k on them and still aren't seized/ never have I ever had an issue with going out of alignment. Just sayin......

3. Mar 8, 2024 at 2:29 PM
    Jack McCarthy

Jack McCarthy Truck repair enthusiast; Rust Aficionado

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    North of Boston
    Vehicle:
    02 Tundra AC SR5 V8 4x4
    I think you would be the first here. Truthfully, I wouldn't trust a no name brand for something that's critical to your suspension, but that's me.

You CAN reuse the bolts and CAM nut adjusters from the existing vehicle. The sleeves will definitely need replacement if it's seized in there.

4. Mar 8, 2024 at 3:58 PM
    w666

w666 D. None of the above

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    04 Access Cab SR5 V8 4WD
    None yet
    I bought these, or ones just like them. They look good, but they are made of mystery metal. My alignment guy torqued the wrong end, and now the front and back plates of the same cam are 90 degrees out of phase (they're supposed to rotate together). I bought new OEM sleeves (salvaging my original bolt and front plate), and I'll get around to installing them soon. I may need a new alignment guy as well.

FirstGenVol and Jack McCarthy like this.
  5. Mar 8, 2024 at 6:58 PM
    shifty`

shifty` Neon King Kong standin' on my back

Member:
    ATL
    Vehicle:
    '06 AC Limited V8/4WD
    (see signature for truck info)
    You heard the saying, "Buy once, cry once?"

OEM costs more becase it lasted as long as it has. We all want an easy shortcut. Sometimes one exists. So far, many owners have tried to find a cheaper alternative for OEM on that specific part, and haven't found it. I've been here actively for 4 years, and prior to that lurking for a year or more. So far, nobody has found a suitable alternative that isn't garbage or failed.

Spend the money for OEM. Or scavenge some OEM sleeves from a decent used truck if you're really super hard-up for cash.

PS - do yourself a favor. Never buy parts from vendors who cannot guarantee the legitimacy of their parts or control their supply chain, i.e. scAmazon, fleaBay, WallyWorld. https://www.tundras.com/threads/so-you-wanna-buy-just-bought-a-1st-gen-tundra-eh.115928/

Products Discussed in

To Top