1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Alternator failure this early?

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by Alloutdrs1, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Apr 8, 2020 at 12:52 AM
    Flyinryank

Flyinryank New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    White 2015 CM 4x4
    AFE Dry S Drop-In Filter TRD Air Accelerator TRD Radiator Cap TRD Fuel Cap TRD Pro Grill/Hood Body Mount Chop Bilstein 6112s CB Shim on Driver Side Bilstein 5160s ICON Rear Spring Pack Factory Painted Door Handles BFG KO2s 305/65R18 Method NV 18x9 +25 NFAB RKR Rails SDHQ ABS Guards SDHQ Ditch Light Brackets Baja Designs Squadron Pros
    Seems hella early! Hope they cover it.

I was actually on the sdhq site the other day to buy their terminal kit and saw they sell upgraded amp alternators for the tundra on there FYI.

2. Apr 8, 2020 at 4:46 AM
    blanchard7684

blanchard7684 New Member

Member:
    pretty sure the dealer replaced the battery on my 2019 pro. It is the Toyota True Start brand...never seen that in a factory new Toyota.

3. Apr 8, 2020 at 5:40 AM
    JohnLakeman

JohnLakeman Burning Internet Daylight

Member:
    Outside of Weird, TX
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM DC TSS 4.6L
    TRD Pro grille, 2018 LED Headlights, Undercover Flex bed cover, Neoprene seat covers, Bed/tailgate mats, Power tailgate lock, auto headlights, illuminated key switch
    Since you're having to "stay at home" anyway, it's the perfect time to order a Northstar AGM on the internet, have it delivered to your door in about a week, install, and be ready to go when this is over. A Northstar will be more expensive than a Duralast.

4. Apr 8, 2020 at 7:59 AM
    kevine0001

kevine0001 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    John, already called and there's a local dealer for the Northstar, $330. The Duralast Platinum at A-Zone is $200. Both are close enough that I can wait it out, since right now, I'm not really having any issues starting/driving the truck. Plus, won't really drive my truck much until August, right before deer season starts. But yes, I thought about that...ordering a ton of truck stuff and quarantining...in the garage!

JohnLakeman[QUOTED] and landphil like this.
  5. Dec 20, 2022 at 11:32 PM
    ffdawson

ffdawson #DBB

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    Sandra, Sandy for short
    Rad ass parts, big tires.
    Add one more to the list. My ‘17 just started making this noise… going to have to tackle the Alt. Less than 40k on the clock. Any definitive test you can do to make sure it’s the alternator before pulling it?

Products Discussed in

To Top