1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Alpharex USA headlights

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundras (2007-2013)' started by TheBeast, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Jan 15, 2021 at 9:41 AM
    rons23

rons23 Get The Led Out!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Kill Devil Hills
    Vehicle:
    2008 Nautical Blue TRD
    Sabm (Gtek-Fab), Blake Carbon Diamond Plate door sil protecters, and Air Dam mod, Black Rivited Grill, Devil Horns- Black Anodized(Diaz Fabrication), Hid's in Low Beams and Fogs -6000k, Piaa Extreme for High Beams. Black Rhino Step Tubes, Razir Led interior Lights (white), Low Profile Black Diamond Plate Tool Box, Trd accesories, Weather Tech Mats, Carbon Fiber Shorty Antenna, Drl's, Plasta Dipped Badges + Front Grill Surround
    Well I can tell ya the leds in the Alpharex are Osram leds, which are high quality. The Alpharex and Morimoto are beyond your typical aftermarket and not spyder, winjet, or recons come close. Good luck on finding them headlights :D

2. Jan 15, 2021 at 9:46 AM
    Nemesis

Nemesis New Member

Member:

Hey Ron,

Could you share a pic of your cut off beam @ 25ft please?

I'll be honest with you guys, my cut off beam isn't as sharp as others who purchased the Pros. I can't remember if it's because they purchased the Pros and replaced the bulbs with LED or HID but the cut off line on my NOVA Series isn't as sharp/crsytal clear.

Even the cut off beam on this youtuber's Nova headlights are sharper than mine.
    https://youtu.be/_apJBHF9zTE

I'll take some pics later tonight and share.

Also, the left headlight shines wider than the right. The horizontal adjuster...what are they supposed to do? Because for the life of me no matter how many turns the headlights remain the same. The passenger headlight shines wider than the driver's side. And my truck's never been in an accident.

If I squat 30 feet in front of the truck, dead middle between the headlights, the light from the driver side headlight points directly into my eye while the light from the passenger is nowhere near my eyes. Is this normal or a defect? If not defective, how do I correct this?

FYI- I DM'd Alpharex and they are asking for pics.

I'll post them here and send it to them as well. Just thought I'd share.

***Disclaimer - the following may be all in the head though I strongly doubt that. But the proof will be once I get those pictures and share them with the community. Then you can tell me if a proof is in the pudding or if it's all in my head.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
  3. Jan 15, 2021 at 9:49 AM
    rons23

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Kill Devil Hills
    Vehicle:
    2008 Nautical Blue TRD
    Sabm (Gtek-Fab), Blake Carbon Diamond Plate door sil protecters, and Air Dam mod, Black Rivited Grill, Devil Horns- Black Anodized(Diaz Fabrication), Hid's in Low Beams and Fogs -6000k, Piaa Extreme for High Beams. Black Rhino Step Tubes, Razir Led interior Lights (white), Low Profile Black Diamond Plate Tool Box, Trd accesories, Weather Tech Mats, Carbon Fiber Shorty Antenna, Drl's, Plasta Dipped Badges + Front Grill Surround
    I will try this wknd, been wanting to make an adjustment . I'll get back to you. :thumbsup:

Nemesis[QUOTED] likes this.
  4. Jan 15, 2021 at 10:11 AM
    ckkone

ckkone New Member

Member:
    SLC, UT
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
    nb_nielsen likes this.
  5. Jan 15, 2021 at 10:26 AM
    Rockin 2nd Gen

Rockin 2nd Gen New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tundra
    5" lift 20x12 fuel with 35" nitto ridge graplers. Full led and secaine 9" android head unit.
    Ok.. I hope this helps someone. I think i am going to pull the trigger and trust these guys, worse case is i send them back. Here is their second collaborating reply:

Mike H (The Retrofit Source)

Jan 15, 2021, 13:01 EST

Hey Jason,

Thanks for reaching out!

All of them do that feature, the difference being the colors of the housings. We can get part numbers to them for you, but would need to know what color scheme you are looking for.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/Toyota-Tundra-07-13-AlphaRex-Pro-Headlights?quantity=1

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Have a great day!

Thanks
    -Mike

The Retrofit Source – The Best Brands in Automotive Lighting
    Call or Email us M-F, 9am-5pm EST
    support@theretrofitsource.com
    (404) 220-7940
    Watch our new videos here: https://www.youtube.com/user/RetrofitSource
    Follow us on Facebook here: Join the world’s largest community of headlight enthusiasts here:

6. Jan 15, 2021 at 11:36 AM
    Rockin 2nd Gen

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tundra
    5" lift 20x12 fuel with 35" nitto ridge graplers. Full led and secaine 9" android head unit.
    I looked at those lights and considered them. The difference is the pro you can swap out the low beam bulb. I am very happy with my S-v4 low beam. The ones you show i actually contacted them and both low and high beam are sealed Led. So its a toss up. at least with the pro if one goes out i can replace the low beam and keep driving and not get a ticket. With the FP you would have to wait for a replacement housing to come by mail which is not doing so good at delivering withing 4-6 weeks in my area. I was tracking my package 3 days ago and it was 60 miles from my house then the post office sent it to Florida. Now i have to wait another 4 days for them to reroute it. Douh..

7. Jan 15, 2021 at 11:48 AM
    Nemesis

Nemesis New Member

Member:
    I personally don't like the look of the Pros. They make the truck look like they have eyes. Then again I guess the NOVA makes our trucks look like they have buggy eyes. LOL

It's all good bro.

Post up pics when you get them.

As for "All of them do that feature,..." what feature was Retrofit Source referring to? The sequential turn signals or activation sequence?

8. Jan 15, 2021 at 11:53 AM
    rons23

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Kill Devil Hills
    Vehicle:
    2008 Nautical Blue TRD
    I like the Quad low beams, reminds me of some of the new headlights on the Porsche. :D

Nemesis[QUOTED] likes this.
  9. Jan 15, 2021 at 12:24 PM
    Rockin 2nd Gen

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tundra
    Yeah they look cool. Don't like the price tag though. $1,000 bucks can go towards a magnum super charger.

MTRock likes this.
  10. Jan 15, 2021 at 12:57 PM
    Nemesis

Nemesis New Member

Member:
    $900-$1000 is pretty expensive just for headlights. Good thing I didn't pay that much. ;)

Btw, the OEM LED headlights on my motorcycle cost upwards of $1100-$1500. Now, that's stupid expensive.

11. Jan 15, 2021 at 3:30 PM
    BiggSean

BiggSean New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    For those that installed Alpharex Pro models, have you been able to adjust your headlights at all? It seems like no matter how much, or which direction I turn the adjustment knobs it has zero effect on beam alignment.

12. Jan 15, 2021 at 4:00 PM
    MTRock

MTRock 1889

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2013 Rock Warrior DC
    DC rear fold down seats, decals removed, blacked out badges, complete stereo, ceramic coating, ToyTec Boss 3/1.5, RidgeGrappler 305/70r17, blacked out rock rings and center caps, smoked tail lights, BAMUFFLER Alpharex Pro headlights, TRD PRO Sequoia Grille, DAPtune
    Mine aligned fine.

13. Jan 15, 2021 at 5:33 PM
    rons23

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Kill Devil Hills
    Vehicle:
    2008 Nautical Blue TRD
    Fortunately for me Geico paid for them:D. I will be looking at the new amber morimoto's when they hit the street. Might be looking to make a deal on my Nova's:thumbsup:

14. Jan 15, 2021 at 5:57 PM
    MTRock

MTRock 1889

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2013 Rock Warrior DC
    DC rear fold down seats, decals removed, blacked out badges, complete stereo, ceramic coating, ToyTec Boss 3/1.5, RidgeGrappler 305/70r17, blacked out rock rings and center caps, smoked tail lights, BAMUFFLER Alpharex Pro headlights, TRD PRO Sequoia Grille, DAPtune
    I remember having to turn them an awful lot? Park very close to the wall and adjust while watching the beam.

15. Jan 15, 2021 at 7:27 PM
    Nemesis

Nemesis New Member

Member:
    I have the Nova Series and even those models required a number of turns for height adjustment. As for the horizontal...that's a different story. No matter how many turns it does squat.

Can anyone adjust their horizontal beam? If so, do you notice a difference? Do you actually see the beam extend or move? Cuz I don't.

16. Jan 15, 2021 at 7:41 PM
    Nemesis

Nemesis New Member

Member:
    Okay, so here are my NOVA Series cut-off line at 3ft and 25 ft, respectively. I really don't know why I took a pic at 3ft. Whatever.

Before anyone says anything about the driver's side being slightly higher I noticed that as well as seeing the pics. It's adjusted now.

Anyhow, anyone else thinks the cut-off line is a bit blurry? The right side seems a bit brighter than the left. Anything else you notice?

Alignment @ 3ft.jpg
    Alignment @ 25ft - 2nd pic.jpg
    Alignment @ 25ft.jpg

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
  17. Jan 15, 2021 at 11:20 PM
    Nemesis

Nemesis New Member

Member:
    Also, is there a way to increase the brightness of the DRLs? Because in direct sunlight you can barely tell they're on.

If not, is there a mod I can do to intensify the brightness?

18. Jan 25, 2021 at 11:34 PM
    GixxerSteve

GixxerSteve New Member

Member:
    Ckkone, these ones are $469 because I believe they have the AlphaRex startup sequence and the sequential turn signals. You can still get the basic chrome one without sequential turn signal for $330 on ProTuningLab.com. I like the look of them too, and I keep oscilating between these and the AlphaRex Pros. But I haven't see any good pics of the beam pattern on these reflectors yet, so I'm leaning towards the Pros for a good output with clean cutoff.

Screenshot (14).jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
    ckkone[QUOTED], nb_nielsen and MTRock like this.
  19. Jan 25, 2021 at 11:45 PM
    rons23

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Kill Devil Hills
    Vehicle:
    2008 Nautical Blue TRD
    Are you running your amber running lights? If you are then they will dim your DRLS.

20. Jan 25, 2021 at 11:58 PM
    MTRock

MTRock 1889

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2013 Rock Warrior DC
    Alpharex pros..High beams are very good. Low beams have a sharp cutoff that kinda has steps? A little adjustment makes the steps less pronounced. I paid $370 shipped with level adjusters. Definitely a good set of lights!

GixxerSteve[QUOTED] likes this.
  21. Jan 26, 2021 at 12:43 AM
    Nemesis

Nemesis New Member

Member:
    I'm referring to just the DRLs (running lights/headlights off). In direct sunlight, you can barely tell they're on. I later realized it's the tubes themselves that make it barely noticeable they're on. Had they gone with clear tubes the DRL would be more pronounced.

BTW, what do you think of my headlight alignment? Do they look off to you? Have you had the chance to set yours? If so, please share some pics.

22. Jan 26, 2021 at 6:58 AM
    rons23

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Kill Devil Hills
    Vehicle:
    2008 Nautical Blue TRD
    No I haven't had time to do anything. I have been on 7 -10 hour days since Nov.
    You corrected the driver side, if so they look good to me. I will try to get some picks for you.
    As far as the DRLS (headlights off) When I installed mine I had my amber running lights on. I said to myself Damn the DRLS are lame. It was because of the Amber's dimming the DRLS. When I turned them off they were noticeably brighter. I'm good with it.

I will say this, the new Morimotos with the Amber DRLS are Sick! Very tempting :)

23. Jan 29, 2021 at 10:39 PM
    Nemesis

Nemesis New Member

Member:
    Here's my solution to the dimmed DRL when the parking lights are turned on: make the turn signals into 6K DRLs.

1st pic is of the DRLs w/ all lights turned off.

2nd pic is of the enhanced turn signals which now act as DRLs + dimmed DRLs + fog lights (which automatically come on when the parking lights are activated). The DRL turn signals are just as bright as my fog lights. They are very noticeable in daylight unlike the DRLs whether you have the parking lights on or off.

3rd pic is of all lights turned on.

20210127_201139.jpg
    20210127_220453.jpg
    20210127_220535.jpg

MTRock likes this.
  24. Jan 30, 2021 at 6:35 AM
    rons23

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Kill Devil Hills
    Vehicle:
    2008 Nautical Blue TRD
    Now you just need to install the SS3 Fogs from Diode Dynamics :D

25. Jan 30, 2021 at 8:55 AM
    Nemesis

Nemesis New Member

Member:
    #200-$500 for Diode Dynamics fog lights?!!! Oh hellz no!!

26. Jan 30, 2021 at 2:39 PM
    rons23

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Kill Devil Hills
    Vehicle:
    2008 Nautical Blue TRD
    $900 for the Nova's why stop now!!!!!:rofl:

27. Jan 30, 2021 at 4:34 PM
    Nemesis

Nemesis New Member

Member:
    Cuz wifey said $1400 is my limit for the year. :(

So I have about $200 left (give or take) which I plan on using those funds for minor upgrades (i.e. puddle lights, plastic bumpers, or backup video).

rons23[QUOTED] likes this.
  28. Feb 2, 2021 at 4:37 PM
    YotaBro

YotaBro This forum will make me broke

Member:
    First Name:
    Calvin
    FL
    Vehicle:
    2017 Cement Grey Tundra TRD PRO
    Lots of shenanigans.
    So I know that I am super late to this thread but can anyone give me the gist of the differences between the PRO, LUXX, and NOVA? Besides price?

Also, do y'all recommend these headlights over the OEM headlights? I currently have the 17 TRD PRO headlights (unsure if the TRD PRO is any different or not)

Forgive me if this has been answered before

29. Feb 2, 2021 at 6:25 PM
    Zebruaj

Zebruaj New Member

Member:
    MN
    Vehicle:
    08 CM SR5
    Pro are the basics. Uses h7 replaceable bulb for low beam. Sealed led highs.

Luxx are the Pros but with with permanent/sealed led low beams

Nova's use designated led diodes for the low beam. Look at their picture.

YotaBro[QUOTED] likes this.
  30. Feb 2, 2021 at 7:36 PM
    YotaBro

YotaBro This forum will make me broke

Member:
    First Name:
    Calvin
    FL
    Vehicle:
    2017 Cement Grey Tundra TRD PRO
    Lots of shenanigans.
    What do the sealed LED Highs/ low beams do? Also, what is a H7?

Products Discussed in

To Top