1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Adams Ceramic waterless wash reviews

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Bob, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Oct 3, 2019 at 1:38 PM
    owb2gp

owb2gp New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    ID
    I bought the mystery version. I'll have to read the label when I get home.

2. Oct 3, 2019 at 1:39 PM
    trailrnr

trailrnr New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 Rock Warrior CM
  3. Oct 3, 2019 at 1:42 PM
    owb2gp

owb2gp New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    ID
  4. Oct 3, 2019 at 1:42 PM
    owb2gp

owb2gp New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    ID
    I'll be calling them later.

5. Oct 3, 2019 at 1:43 PM
    Trooper2

Trooper2 Premium Lone Star Member / SSEM #13

Member:
    First Name:
    JR
    Houston, TX (Suburban South)
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tundra 5.7 L Double Cab TRD 2WD
    TSS 20's with Cooper ATP ll's, N Fab 3 Step Nerf Bars,, Pioneer AVIC-8100NEX, Masters Tailgate Replacement Latch with Camera, 1" Maxtrac Shackles, LED Interiors/Brake/Reverse/Cargo/Fog Bulbs, Fumoto Drain Valve, Toyota Aluminium Oil Filter Housing, TRD Shift Knob, Courtesy Door Projector LEDs with Toyota Emblem, Console Tray and Lower Divider.
    Wait, you have microfiber bath towels? :cool:

Pudge[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Oct 3, 2019 at 1:45 PM
    trailrnr

trailrnr New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 Rock Warrior CM
    I'm pretty confident that it will be a great product but seems a little weird and certainly confusing.

Hell there's a bazillion different products its tricky enough trying to order the right stuff as it is.

To be clear I was easy going about it on the phone and the rep was pleasant and helpful as he could be.

I don't view it as a big deal but did want to post up and see what others thought. Will be interesting to see if they respond the same to someone else's inquiry.

7. Oct 3, 2019 at 1:46 PM
    Pudge

Pudge Super Secret Elite Member #7

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2015 Blue Ribbon Platinum
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints. DIY pop n lock, 2018 LED headlights, morimoto fogs, TRD shift knob, DirtyDeeds 8"BAM exhaust, kenwood HU,JL amp, Tech12volts Tundra full speaker upgrade w/sub, Swing case, and lots of fluid film
    I sure do buddy. They work fucking amazing and dry out fast. I love them. I think the brand I got was JMB from Amazon.

8. Oct 3, 2019 at 1:49 PM
    owb2gp

owb2gp New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    ID
    I just can't stand false advertising.

Good thing I don't purchase much from Adam's. Most of the stuff they sell is wannabe.

War Machine likes this.
  9. Oct 3, 2019 at 2:56 PM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas
    You don’t?

10. Oct 3, 2019 at 3:20 PM
    Trooper2

Trooper2 Premium Lone Star Member / SSEM #13

Member:
    First Name:
    JR
    Houston, TX (Suburban South)
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tundra 5.7 L Double Cab TRD 2WD
    TSS 20's with Cooper ATP ll's, N Fab 3 Step Nerf Bars,, Pioneer AVIC-8100NEX, Masters Tailgate Replacement Latch with Camera, 1" Maxtrac Shackles, LED Interiors/Brake/Reverse/Cargo/Fog Bulbs, Fumoto Drain Valve, Toyota Aluminium Oil Filter Housing, TRD Shift Knob, Courtesy Door Projector LEDs with Toyota Emblem, Console Tray and Lower Divider.
    Unaware of them. I need recommendations?

Links? :)

War Machine[QUOTED] likes this.
  11. Oct 3, 2019 at 3:54 PM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas

I actually don’t have any actually made for baths. I have a couple of The Rag Company Twist and Shouts that got claimed for the purpose though. Pretty awesome.

Trooper2[QUOTED] likes this.
  12. Oct 3, 2019 at 3:59 PM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas
    Both my 64 ounce and small bottle are 7%. At $80.00 a gallon I expect it to at least be advertised honestly. That’s over double the price of Beadmaker.

I just checked a bottle of Reload. It says “more that 5%”. At least it’s honest.

13. Oct 3, 2019 at 5:05 PM
    trailrnr

trailrnr New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 Rock Warrior CM

It definitely sits a bit funny with me. And the answer I got was not really satisfactory.

Honestly if it even said somewhere on the product page that the "SI02 amount can vary" or anything like that I would be OK with it. But when you advertise it as one thing, put it on the bottle as another, well its imprecise and probably intentionally misleading.

This shit better be good!

14. Oct 3, 2019 at 5:21 PM
    6XC

6XC OPS4

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '18 MGM Tundra SR5 TSS Crewmax 4x4
    Both 64oz jugs I just got say 7% also.

20191003_192036.jpg

15. Oct 4, 2019 at 3:18 AM
    trailrnr

trailrnr New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 Rock Warrior CM

Thanks for confirming that you did use (and seems like everyone has) bottles that are labeled 7%. I am definitely looking forward to using it and certainly anticipate liking it based on what all I've read and seen.

Whole thing seems a bit unnecessarily confusing from Adams end though.

driverdog likes this.
  16. Oct 4, 2019 at 3:39 AM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas

The deceptive marketing is a pretty big deal in my opinion. I’d originally thought this stuff was very reasonably priced, but I didn’t snap to the big bottle being a half gallon, not a gallon, until I received it. That’s completely my fault. I know how many ounces are in a gallon, so I should have caught it. They didn’t state otherwise.
    Problem is, that puts this at $80.00 a gallon. Which is over double what we are insisting on comparing this product to. The results are pretty much equal, though more durable (probably). The Adams is not a cheap product. There’s more expensive ones out there, but those are dedicated, proven sealants. Compared to actual “waterless washes”, it’s way out of line.

Obviously this has properties other waterless washes do not. The main one being is the sio2 in it. Considering that there is 30% less of the most expensive component than they advertise, I don’t feel like I can recommend this anymore. Even if this is an honest mistake on their part (which I’m not convinced of), it’s something that can be fixed on their website within an hour. It’s still showing 10% on their site. I seriously doubt @trailrnr was the first one to bring it to their attention.

The product does work, don’t get me wrong. It’s a good product. It’s expensive though, so it needs to be described accurately. Being ok with this is no different than the people from DPC who argued with @Pudge that even though he didn’t get as much useful product as he’d hoped, it was still a good deal. Price doesn’t matter if you don’t get what you are paying for.

I know it’s not apples to apples, but Waxaddict is charging $20.00 for 2/3 of an ounce of sio2. It’s expensive. At 10%, the big bottle of the Adams is explicitly stating that there are 6.4 ounces of this in the jug, when in actuality it’s only 4.8. While obviously we aren’t being charged what Waxaddict would charge for that amount, it’s still the only reason they are charging so much for this.

Between this, and the absolute false advertising they did with their ceramic spray, I’ve placed my last order with Adams.

To be clear, this statement is because of their business practices, and not a judgement on the performance of this particular product.

owb2gp[QUOTED] likes this.
  17. Oct 4, 2019 at 11:30 AM
    owb2gp

owb2gp New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    ID
    I'm definitely done with Adam's for personal use. I'll probably still buy the limited's they sell to make some money off the fan boys on eBay.

When I called Adam's they told me there is no noticeable difference from having 7% or 10% sio2. Also said it wasn't false advertising at all.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  18. Oct 4, 2019 at 11:50 AM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas

Not sure how they get that it isn’t false advertising. It’s literally different than what they say it is. It’s probably not noticeable, but it’s a 30% difference. They put that number on there for a reason, didn’t they?

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
    owb2gp[QUOTED] likes this.
  19. Oct 4, 2019 at 11:56 AM
    owb2gp

owb2gp New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    ID
    Yes they did.

20. Oct 4, 2019 at 12:45 PM
    owb2gp

owb2gp New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    ID
    No. The results are great. Did my son's truck last week and it turned out nice. If the weather breaks I'll do my truck. Just irritated with the false advertising.

21. Oct 4, 2019 at 4:02 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints. DIY pop n lock, 2018 LED headlights, morimoto fogs, TRD shift knob, DirtyDeeds 8"BAM exhaust, kenwood HU,JL amp, Tech12volts Tundra full speaker upgrade w/sub, Swing case, and lots of fluid film
    I actually questioned the 7% vs 10% issue when I first was looking at their website, trying to find this product. I couldn't figure out which bottle to buy and by the time I figured it out, the "mystery" bottles were sold out. So i won't be able to review of judge this stuff.
    I would be pretty irked by this advertising "error" if i were a consumer. It's a big difference when you think about the costly ingredients that go into these products and are trying to justify their high cost.

Personally I have never tried a single Adam's product and likely never will. I have found my comfort zone with carpro or optimum products. Consistency is something that I like, I like knowing exactly what I am getting and i feel I get my money's worth out of their products. I will absolutely try other things now and then but I try not to be a bandwagon guy who always wants to try the latest and greatest. This stuff sounds like it is very good and provides the desired results, and then some. The price is a bit high IMO and the advertising blunder and non correction bugs me.

trailrnr likes this.
  22. Oct 4, 2019 at 5:24 PM
    trailrnr

trailrnr New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 Rock Warrior CM
    Washed my truck this afternoon and gave this stuff a try. It is indeed impressive.

It really made the paint look rich and deep. Slick but not Beadmaker slick, at least for now. We should be getting some rain here soon so it will be interesting to see how it performs.

Still a little disappointed in the weirdness of mislabeled/ misadvertised product, but at least it seems to work really well.

A24E8C3A-295B-47B6-A4AB-7446D5140139.jpg

23. Oct 7, 2019 at 10:32 AM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas
    It really is a great product. Just turned off by the mislabeling, and the fact that I still like some other things better.

trailrnr and phogallen[QUOTED] like this.
  24. Oct 10, 2019 at 12:22 PM
    owb2gp

owb2gp New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    ID
    What happened to @driverdog?

Pudge likes this.
  25. Oct 10, 2019 at 2:27 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Would love to know too. Jim and Steve left earlier this week.

26. Oct 10, 2019 at 5:33 PM
    trailrnr

trailrnr New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 Rock Warrior CM
    Noticed the same.

27. Oct 11, 2019 at 12:56 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    I have been reading here and there and hearing more and more about this stuff and quite a few issues with streaking. It makes sense it would streak because of it's high sio2 %, whatever % that may actually be.
    I missed the big sale and am starting to be glad I did. Who is having streaking issues, be honest now, it's okay to review a product for what it really is.

28. Oct 11, 2019 at 1:08 PM
    6XC

6XC OPS4

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '18 MGM Tundra SR5 TSS Crewmax 4x4
    No streaking for me. I did two coats after wash. The bottle says not to use a clean dry towel, needs to be "primed" first.

20191009_145303.jpg

29. Oct 12, 2019 at 2:48 PM
    owb2gp

owb2gp New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    ID
    Just washed my truck and used the waterless wash and zero streaking. I applied Adam's detail spray before the waterless wash like driverdog recommended. I had some streaking with the detail spray but nothing with the ww. My truck is Barcelona red and I applied everything in direct sunlight. Only 50 degrees here.

I have 4 bottles left and I'll be buying more unless of course something else comes out.

I'll stay with shine supply and CarPro but I'll try other products with good reviews.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    War Machine and Pudge[QUOTED] like this.
  30. Oct 14, 2019 at 11:15 AM
    owb2gp

owb2gp New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    ID
    Washed my daughter's Crosstrek yesterday and no issues with streaking. Good shit.

Also put some CarPro CQuartz Dlux wheel and trim coating on my trim. Was fairly easy to apply and looks really good.

Pudge, War Machine and Bob[OP] like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top