1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Accessory fuse box

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundras (2007-2013)' started by Tundra44, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Oct 26, 2014 at 3:48 PM
    Tundra44

Tundra44 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 SR5 CrewMax
    Camburg coilovers, AllPro spacers on Rock Warrior rims, rear diff breather mod.
    I'm planning on adding an accessory fuse box for some ad dons that I'm going to install (lighting and radios). Has anyone else added one? Where's the best spot to run additional wiring through the firewall?

2. Oct 27, 2014 at 10:10 PM
    Medic

Medic New Member

Member:
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2016 Alpine TRD
    I was able to run my wire through the firewall right below the main harness. It sits right underneath the steering shaft and comes out nice and close to the factory fuse box and battery.

3. Nov 9, 2014 at 5:17 PM
    Tundra44

Tundra44 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 SR5 CrewMax
    Camburg coilovers, AllPro spacers on Rock Warrior rims, rear diff breather mod.
    Do you have an accessory fuse box installed? I'm installing a Blue Seas 12 circuit box. I'm thinking under the hood is the best place then run everything into the cab where you suggested. I've seen some clean installs on Tacomas with a similar idea. Somehow the Tacoma seems to have a bit more room under the hood on the drivers side to build a bracket and install the accessory fuse box. I'm brainstorming mine now.

To Top