1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

6" stainless with resonator

Discussion in 'Dirty Deeds Industries' started by Pudge, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Apr 14, 2018 at 5:50 PM
    Pudge

Pudge [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2015 Blue Ribbon Platinum
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints.
    Just wanted to post a quick review of Keith's 6 inch bolt on for our trucks. I will admit that I bought a used system from another member. I have been looking for over after and came across something I could afford.
    For being used....i couldn't tell. It had, I believe several months of use and it looked brand new. The only areas where the paint was even remotely scuffed was the exhaust hangers, the rest was mint. The welds are well done, the sizing is perfect and everything lines up.
    Keith's video on his website for installation is right on. My only issue was the fact I live in the salt belt in new England and my OEM exhaust was rusty as hell, especially the flanges and bolts. I had to SOAK them in PB blaster several times and use an air gun, one bolt stripped but with the help of @UTTundra and @dirtydeeds I was able to get it off.
    The resonator was easy to install, amd does a realky great job killing unwanted noise. just be sure you really hold that drill tight, those hole saws can give some serious kick back.
    My install took me about 3 or 4 hours. 1 hour of that was driving to and from 2 stores to get a bolt extractor and then clamps for the resonator (Keith includes these with his kits, but if buying used you'll want new ones).
    The sound is perfect, as far as I can tell, I haven't driven much. At idle you can hear a faint rumble from the outside but it sounds stock inside. There is no drone that I have noticed. I like the sound while driving , especially with the back window rolled down. I would say with the Windows up, there is minimal increase in cabin noise at most speeds. I have not taken a highway ride yet.
    This is a very high quality kit that Keith puts together, the fitment is perfect and that can't be easy to achieve. It sounds just like he says it does and appears to be built better than he says it is.

15whtrd, 831Tun, nk1794 and 9 others like this.
  2. Apr 14, 2018 at 5:57 PM
    Pudge

Pudge [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2015 Blue Ribbon Platinum
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints.
    If anyone is on the fence on getting a BAMuffler, do it!!
    If you're considering a different brand, don't do it!!! On other trucks I have had flowmaster and magnaflo weld ons, this just seems to be superior and certainly better thought out.
    There is proven performance behind his kits, it's just not a bunch of noise.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    15whtrd, nk1794, dirtydeeds and 5 others like this.
  3. Apr 14, 2018 at 6:05 PM
    BlueBottle

BlueBottle not a PRO

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '16 Platinum 4x4
    See fine print
  4. Apr 14, 2018 at 6:14 PM
    louscrw

louscrw all jacked up on Mt. Dew

Member:
    First Name: