1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

4WD Actuator or Diff actuator not working

Discussion in 'Other Toyota Vehicles' started by Jake40, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Sep 3, 2019 at 7:50 AM
    Jake40

Jake40 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Vehicle:
    2008 Sequoia
    None
    Morning ALL, I'm new to posting like this on a forum. I have already found some great posting of much needed info for my out of order 4wd on my 2008 Sequoia. I just wanted to introduce myself. My family of six have had our Sequoia for 8 years now and it has been very reliable, about a year ago the 4wd stopped functioning correctly and has even been stuck in 4wd for a short distance. I've come to narrow down the issue and how to possibly repair it, Lord willing w/o removing/replacing the transfer case. Thanks

2. Sep 7, 2019 at 10:45 AM
    thezoltar

thezoltar New Member

Member:
    Stopped functioning is kind of a general explanation. Does the Sequoia normally shift into 4x4 but not indicate a completed action? What are your electronic indications? Does it not shift out of 4x4? Are there disagreement lights flashing?
    I went through this with a 4runner and it ended up being a transfer case position switch failure. $35 for a new switch self installed. Of course I paid $90 because I bought the switch at Toyota, should have shopped around.

Products Discussed in

To Top