1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

3rd Try is the Charm: Extang Solid Fold 2.0 & SVCustoms.com

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by ChucklesToy, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Sep 17, 2016 at 9:42 PM
    ChucklesToy

ChucklesToy [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Round Rock, TX
    Vehicle:
    2024 Tundra Limited 4X4 Nightshade Blueprint
    BAK MX4, window tint, TRD skid plate
    I ordered an Extang Solid Fold 2.0 cover from SVCustoms.com just before labor day. I've had previous experience with SVCustoms' quick delivery and great prices before. As usual, the cover arrived the day after I ordered it, but this time the experience wasn't very good. The FEDEX driver dropped the badly damaged box at the door and whoosh, he was gone. There were holes everywhere including where the straps ripped open the box. So, I took a lot of pictures and decided to open it to see if it was damaged. Yup, it was damaged as the cover was just flopping around in the box. The moulding seals on the passenger side were bent and detached from the cover, there were a coupled of gashes and scratches and a cut in the end cap.

I reached out to Josh at SVCustoms and he jumped right on it. I sent him some pictures and within a few hours another one was on its way from Extang in Ann Arbor, MI. It took a few days to arrive and this time I was waiting for the driver. The box wasn't damaged, but the packing inside the box was loose like the box was too big for the cover and after I got it on the truck and unfolded, I noticed there were deep scratches on each end cap at the tailgate end and some sort of white, paint-like transfer on it. I reached out to a few forum members to see if this was just me or if this is just an issue with Extang products in general. I was encouraged to hear that others received their covers in good shape - this must be an anomaly. So I contacted Josh again and once more another cover was on the way.

Today I received the third one and I am very happy to say that it is in great shape. The box was in great shape and perfectly strapped. The contents had bubble wrap on both sides, styrofoam all around it holding it in place and I could tell this time it didn't flop around. After installing this cover a third time, it installed in no time and now I am very pleased with the cover and the outcome of this saga.

For whatever reason, it took 3 tries to get this right, but I really do appreciate the efforts of Josh at SVCustoms and Lewis at Extang to make this right. No arguing, just taking care of business and providing great customer service! Thanks to both of you guys!

aperezsh, CaptTyler and Krezz like this.
  2. Sep 17, 2016 at 9:50 PM
    CaptTyler

CaptTyler Life’s too short to have an ugly boat.

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2018 Ram 2500 Cummins
    Well I'm happy to hear they took care of it. A little inconvient but customer service to the rescue.
    I've heard good things about SVCustoms.

ChucklesToy[OP] likes this.
  3. Sep 17, 2016 at 9:50 PM
    Krezz

Krezz Doesn't want to be new member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tundra Crewmax Hybrid TRD Pro
    Glad to hear this story ends well man.

You had some great patience and handled it well, which I'm sure helped with getting you to the results you deserved.
    Enjoy that cover!!!

I've been enjoying the one I had on my Tacoma and now on my Tundra.

ChucklesToy[OP] likes this.
  4. Sep 18, 2016 at 11:28 AM
    MotoTundra

MotoTundra The Ocho

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    -TRS Mini D2S Retrofit on TRD Pro Headlights (Apollo 2.0 Shrouds, 35w XB Ballasts, 5500k Bulbs) -Baja Designs Squadron R Sport Aux lights. -TRD Pro Grill -TRD Rear Sway Bar -BakFlip VP Tonneau w/BakBox -Dipped wheels & bumpers -Iron Cross HD steps -Undercover Swingcase -SunTek Paint Protection film -Tinted glass -Bedmat -OEM Towing Mirrors
    Customer service is so important when things like this happen. Kudos to SV Customs for making it right.

To Top