1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

37” Tires with 3.5” Lift

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundras (2007-2013)' started by Drewb5, May 20, 2022.

1. May 20, 2022 at 6:28 AM
    Drewb5

Drewb5 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 Toyota Tundra Limited 5.7
    I have a 2008 tundra with a 3.5” lift running vision 18x9 wheels with +18mm offset and Nitto Terra Grappler’s LT325/65R18. I have also done the body mount chop. Besides regearing, what would it take for me to fit 37” tires on those wheels? Will they fit with only a 3.5” lift? If it’s not a whole lot more I’d be interested in doing it.

2. May 20, 2022 at 6:44 AM
    showtime240

showtime240 New Member

Member:
    There is a whole 70 page thread on this. Ton of info.

You'll need a BMC (check), maybe trim up the pinch weld, move the front bumper up, or some trimming around the front bumper plastics and stick to 12.5" wides. You will also need adjustable UCAs like SPC to increase the castor on the alignment.

3. May 22, 2022 at 1:15 PM
    Kur

Kur New Member

Member:
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08, 5.7, Double Cab Tundra, White
    Lift kits on IFS vehicles do not allow you to fit larger tires. Here is why.

When you lift an IFS truck, all you are doing is sagging your existing suspension a few inches. So when you go off road and stuff your tire up into the wheel well, you are actually returning the tire to stock ride height.

So your tire has to fit at stock height anyway.

A 37in tire CAN fit on a tundra with no lift as long as you do the right trimming and adjustments. It is my understanding that the real trick is getting the proper wheel offset. +25 seems to be the "sweet spot".

Of course, if all you want to do is make a bro-dozer that never goes off road, then just slap on a big 6in lift and ride on top of your tires without ever having to worry about the performance of your suspension.

Products Discussed in

To Top