1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

3 killed, including 6-year-old boy, in shooting /California garlic festival

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by T-Rex266, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Jul 29, 2019 at 9:29 AM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 [OP] Elon approved Staff Member

Member:
    ColoradoTJ likes this.
  2. Jul 29, 2019 at 9:35 AM
    tinman10101

tinman10101 Ah cha cha cha

Member:
    First Name:
    Tinman
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2016 MGM Crewmax
    So sad. Seems like no place is sacred anymore :(

Bigboitundra likes this.
  3. Jul 29, 2019 at 9:52 AM
    FirstGenVol

FirstGenVol Brake Czar

Member:
    East TN
    Vehicle:
    2002 AC
    I guess there really isn't any way to completely secure events like this. Metal detectors don't do much good if the person can just breach the perimeter fence. Stay alert friends.

4. Jul 29, 2019 at 9:57 AM
    Jerry311SD

Jerry311SD New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Ramona San Diego CA
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra
  5. Jul 29, 2019 at 10:06 AM
    Notachickmagnet

Notachickmagnet New Member

Member:
    So horrible. WTH is wrong with people.

jewsNbrews and jeremyd like this.
  6. Jul 29, 2019 at 10:31 AM
    FirstGenVol

FirstGenVol Brake Czar

Member:
    East TN
    Vehicle:
    2002 AC
    If they are wanding people at the entrance with metal detectors you aren't going to be allowed to carry there. This place essentially had a false sense of security.

OR18TRD and Jerry311SD[QUOTED] like this.
  7. Jul 29, 2019 at 10:32 AM
    TXRailRoadBandit73

TXRailRoadBandit73 YOTAS,RAILROADIN',RÖKnRÖLLN',BEER,MAX/GEMMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    The 956, TEXAS
    None yet
    Saw this morning, unbelievable, so sad

8. Jul 29, 2019 at 10:34 AM
    P-Factor

P-Factor New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Limited Double Cab
    TRD Sway Bar, TRD Exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake
    Imagine that, a bad guy entered a "Gun Free Zone" with a gun and killed two children, two adults and injured eleven other unarmed law abiding citizens.

Hummm... I guess they just need to add more signs.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
  9. Jul 29, 2019 at 10:45 AM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas
    Unfortunately it’s probably not going to stop anytime soon. We’re a copycat society. Once one person does something like this, others will follow suit. In the past, people with severe mental health issues were more likely to just end their own lives. Now they see things like this, and they decide to take others with them. A lot of these guys feel like they’ve been slighted or abandoned by society, so they feel the need to punish it.
    I wish I had an idea what the answer is, but none of us have figured it out yet.

tbrown, RickC, jeremyd and 8 others like this.
  10. Jul 29, 2019 at 10:49 AM
    Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer Vinyl Spinner

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2002 4.7L RCLB 4X4 2007 5.7L RCSB 4X2
    Gun free zones should be banned.

11. Jul 29, 2019 at 10:55 AM
    ColoradoTJ

ColoradoTJ Certified tow LEO Staff Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    Calibrated Power 5 Tune pack, Allison 1000 tune, PPE deep trans pan, Cold/Hot CAC pipes, Banks CAI, PCV reroute, resonator delete, S&B 62 gal fuel tank, B&W GN hitch
    What a way to ruin a good, fun evening. RIP to the lost and may grieving find peace.

This weekend we had a shooting in a mountain town where I used to sit and have a drink(blue moose tavern) A house party down the street got out of hand and ~20 rounds were discharged. Lucky no person was injured by gunfire. Most of the people at the house party went down to the local bar to find shelter. Crazy times my friends.

https://www.kktv.com/content/news/H...ooting-in-Green-Mountain-Falls-513332491.html

aperezsh and Black Wolf like this.
  12. Jul 29, 2019 at 11:13 AM
    JH5370

JH5370 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Eastern WA
    Vehicle:
    2017 White DC TRD PRO
    This is terrible. I have family just down the road from where this happened. Stuff like the is the reason I carry and proof that gun free zones don't stop criminals. It's unfortunate that the media has to continually sensationalize things like this and use them to further their political agendas.

13. Jul 29, 2019 at 11:35 AM
    HappyGilmore

HappyGilmore Ex 1st Gen Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trent
    Lakewood CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 White Limited TRD 4x4
    I heard a good point this morning on the radio. The host was saying that there is alot of police at things like this for security, some in plain clothes. When the unknown chaos erupts and the uniformed or other officers rush in and see a plain clothes officer in shorts and a T shirt with a gun out, it could get confusing. There is a risk for a blue on blue shooting by accident.

Id imagine there is the same risk for a citizen with his gun out. I'm not anti gun at all, just bringing this up for discussion.

15whtrd and aperezsh like this.
  14. Jul 29, 2019 at 12:31 PM
    Outbound

Outbound SSEM #2.5, Token AmeriCanadian

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Northern Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2022 CrewMax TRD Off Road, MGM of course.
    Such a terrible event. Condolences to all who are affected.

I think a law should be passed banning the media from identifying in any way, shape form the cowards responsible for these kinds of things. Alot of these come down to cowardly pieces of baboon excrement who want notoriety. Society needs to stop giving it to them.

15. Jul 29, 2019 at 12:43 PM
    Moon Puppy

Moon Puppy I'm not new!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra Limited
    This nation needs to look at our mental health system, ever since they started de-institutionalization these types of things have been happening. It's not about guns, it's about the care and treatment of our mentally challenge population who would pick up a gun and do this.
    This touches close to home, my Bro-in-Law is mentally challenged and if it were not for my Bride being his advocate and care taker there would be no one else, he would be on the street. I've seen the system inside out, it's despicable.

Thoughts and Prayers (rather someone wants them or not) to the victims.

MAK, 1RONMAN81, xma and 7 others like this.
  16. Jul 29, 2019 at 1:18 PM
    Black@Blue19

Black@Blue19 Old Salt

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    SE Texas
    Vehicle:
    21 SR5 TSS Onroad, 24 Camaro 2SS 6.2 L
    To much to list:)
    Don’t get me started!! Thoughts and prayers to all that were part of this tragedy!! Especially the young one!! Glad they got the $&) that did this!!!!

xma and aperezsh like this.
  17. Jul 29, 2019 at 1:19 PM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas
    X2

RBDTx and Moon Puppy[QUOTED] like this.
  18. Jul 29, 2019 at 3:44 PM
    JH5370

JH5370 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Eastern WA
    Vehicle:
    2017 White DC TRD PRO
    This is something I have thought a lot about myself. We could talk about what ifs all day long. Pulling my gun to defend myself and others in a situation like this could end poorly for me, sure. But that's a risk I would be willing to take to protect my loved ones. For me part of carrying daily is excepting that implied risk. The same way you except the risk of being killed in an accident every time you get behind the wheel of your truck.

xma and HappyGilmore[QUOTED] like this.
  19. Jul 29, 2019 at 4:56 PM
    Jim LE 1301

Jim LE 1301 Camaro Lover, SSEM # 11,TTC#179

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Hudson Valley, New York
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM Tundra TRD Sport Double Cab
    X2

Prayers for the families.

20. Jul 29, 2019 at 5:06 PM
    Jimes

Jimes New Member

Member:
    Bay Area, California
    Vehicle:
    2015 toyota tundra trd pro
    Like I said. Nobody will like that post cause this forum is all about guns which is fine. I love this forum. I own guns too. I’m just pointing out the obvious that it will not stop and that thoughts and prayers are nice and all but it doesn’t fix anything. I’m sure the people that lost their loved ones don’t care about thoughts and prayers as they lost someone and from experience it didn’t matter to me. I’ve lost 6 people to gun violence(mostly suicide) and people’s thoughts and prayers were worthless as it doesn’t change a thing. It’s a nice gesture though. But I’m just another asshole on the internet so don’t mind me. I also had to clean up one of the suicides from a 45 caliber hollow tip to the head after the police took the body. So I’m a little numb to death. Sorry for being a dick.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    Kn4x2, GodlessPro and xma like this.
  21. Jul 29, 2019 at 5:29 PM
    Jimes

Jimes New Member

Member:
    Bay Area, California
    Vehicle:
    2015 toyota tundra trd pro
    I’ve talked to shrink before about some things and seeing and cleaning what I cleaned changed things for me mentally for sure. You can’t unsee that. I also saw a tractor cage crush some guys head and brains everywhere when it tipped over and one guy acting as if nothing happened and the other freaking the fuck out. The one I cleaned really freaked me out as I was supposed to be there the night before, but my wife and I decided to stay home. It happened on a Fourth of July too. It was my oldest brother girlfriend. First time I saw my brother cry. Not a fun experience at all.

22. Jul 29, 2019 at 5:30 PM
    Sefferston

Sefferston #37sandlongtravel

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Commufornia (not by choice)
    Vehicle:
    ERMERGERD TOYOTA
    Excuse me while I attempt to educate you:

Are you aware of how insanely difficult it is to obtain a "military weapon"? Or even having the funds readily available to purchase said weapon? Last I checked, a M-16 was running about 30-40k. Why don't you go ahead and sell that Pro you got, and try to buy one. It'll be a long time waiting too. Ever filed for a Form 4? NFA wait times are through the roof.

Wrong. They still have people problems.

Links for your reading pleasure, they also include nice little statistics proving that homicides are actually on a decline, as opposed to the media outlets would have you believe.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...tralia-mass-shooting-margaret-river-osmington
    https://fee.org/articles/the-myth-that-australias-gun-laws-reduced-gun-homicides/

You are right about that first portion though. They won't stop. With that attitude. Imagine what could happen if we have appropriately educated individuals who own guns? Or even better, understand the value of a life.

That's one expensive ass cool factor you got going on there boss. It's still not an assault rifle.

A well placed single shot is far more deadly than a full auto spray and pray. Take a trip to a range that allows you to rent an automatic, good luck keeping recoil under control. Meanwhile, take a shot with a 6.5 Creedmoor out to 1200 yards. Bet you can hit a 24x24 inch plate within 10 shots. Ask me how I know. Go ahead. Ask. I'll wait.

I do have children. They know to respect human life. They are also aware of the consequences of neglectful firearms and have been trained since they could walk what to do if they encounter a firearm or someone who has a firearm. I pray for the person to mess with them who has a firearm.

You need to really look up things before posting it publicly. Switzerland has one of the highest person-to-firearm ratio in the world. Imagine that. A country where almost everyone owns a gun...it's no wonder they barely have firearm related crimes. No one is going to think about firing at someone who could fire back....

https://www.euronews.com/2019/05/18/are-switzerland-s-gun-laws-about-to-change-euronews-answers

You are the kind of gun owner who owns them for no other reason than to own one it seems. Your opinion means nothing and helps no one in this situation.

Your sheer ignorance is astounding to me. Educate yourself instead of being blind to whatever the media wants to shovel down your throat.

phabej, JimBeam, Tacogrande and 5 others like this.
  23. Jul 29, 2019 at 5:31 PM
    Toyokuhl

Toyokuhl New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    aaron
    SWFL
    Vehicle:
    2018 Cav Blue CM OR
    i get what you are trying to say but you insinuated that the taking of AR (armalite) style weapons would cut down on shooting deaths but the numbers do not support that. in fact most deaths occur with a handgun and on top of that those deaths are suicides, i mean you mentioned alone that you dealt with several of those deaths being suicides. those suicides will occur with the help of a gun or if no gun is present.

you then stated that common sense gun laws would be great and the example you gave was as simple as asking why do you need this gun... the answer is simple "I want one!" but lets say that that answer is insufficient because the 2nd amendment has been nixed, then a criminal who would want a gun for malicious purposes would answer like a law abiding citizen and answer "for self defense" or "for hunting"

the problem here is, as stated by others, this is a mental health issue and lets face it, the world is an evil place and if you think people are generally good with evil capabilities, rather evil people with good capabilities then your lens of perspective is blurred. i see this as i need to be very careful and alert when around people in crowds.

NewImprovedRon and Rockranger77 like this.
  24. Jul 29, 2019 at 5:31 PM
    ColoradoTJ

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    Calibrated Power 5 Tune pack, Allison 1000 tune, PPE deep trans pan, Cold/Hot CAC pipes, Banks CAI, PCV reroute, resonator delete, S&B 62 gal fuel tank, B&W GN hitch
    Just to point out, full automatic “assault weapons” have been outlawed since 1986....FYI. To own one, you need a Class III FFL.

25. Jul 29, 2019 at 5:41 PM
    Moon Puppy

Moon Puppy I'm not new!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra Limited
    I'd just like to point out that these mass shootings did not happen prior to this idea that the mentally ill can self medicate and just live among us on their own. First issue with mentally ill people is they do not see themselves as being ill. When someone gets manic, they deny it's them who's the problem, it's everyone else around them who's crazy, I've heard that line myself.

Prior to deinstitutionalization the public had access to pretty much the same type of firepower, use to be years ago you could buy a BAR or Thompson, you didn't have people shooting up the Worlds Fair.

Just by definition, no sane person would shoot at innocent people. You can take all the guns you want but without having some reform on the care and treatment of our mentally ill, this will not stop. We need to stop blaming the weapon. Just my .02.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    MAK, NewImprovedRon, xma and 6 others like this.
  26. Jul 29, 2019 at 5:48 PM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas
    Everybody calm your shit.

TRD15559, Outbound, 15whtrd and 2 others like this.
  27. Jul 29, 2019 at 5:49 PM
    Black@Blue19

Black@Blue19 Old Salt

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    SE Texas
    Vehicle:
    21 SR5 TSS Onroad, 24 Camaro 2SS 6.2 L
    To much to list:)
    Definitely please close this thread!!:)!!!!! It’s about guns y’all know it’s going to go one way!!!!

Moon Puppy likes this.
  28. Jul 29, 2019 at 5:55 PM
    T-Rex266

Member:
    Good lord, children.

29. Jul 29, 2019 at 5:56 PM
    T-Rex266

Member:

30. Jul 29, 2019 at 5:56 PM
    ColoradoTJ

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    I closed it Sean. If you want to hand out candy and reopen....

Prostar 190, Pinay, 15whtrd and 2 others like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top