1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

3 - 4 or 6 inch lift - Risk to longevity?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by gdog_Tundra, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Feb 16, 2019 at 6:30 AM
    gdog_Tundra

gdog_Tundra [OP] New Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Limited CrewMax
    3 inch ToyTec coilovers, Dakar Leaf pack, Dirty Deeds 8 inch stainless exhaust, LED DRL headlights
    Can anyone tell me if there is a huge difference in risk between these lifts? I see different opinions on differential drops. All lifts I am considering would have coil overs and full leaf packs.
    Thanks in advance!
    G

2. Feb 16, 2019 at 6:55 AM
    Rockanock

Rockanock 21 Chevy 2500

Member:
    Your going to prematurely wear out components with a lift of any kind. Last two trucks I had were lifted. If you have the money to fix the truck as it happens then go ahead. The best way seems to be coil overs and leaf packs like you said. I am leaving my tundra stock as far as suspension goes. These trucks were designed and engineered to be built exactly how they are. Aerodynamics, wear, fuel mileage, etc... although what fuel mileage on the tundra :D And I ripped too many pair of pants trying to climb in them things.

First truck that I lifted was an 05 f-350 with about a 4” lift. You had to take a running start to get into that thing. The second was 13 gmc seirra. I went more mild on the lift only 2.5 in the front And 1 in the back. I got about 100k out of that lift on the seirra before I had to start replacing suspension components. Had I done coil overs and a leaf pack I think I could have gotten more. On the Ford I didn’t have it long enough to tell. The 6.0 Powerstroke in it started to fail before the lift did.

It’s your truck your the one making the payment so you can do what you want! I love the way lifted tundras look I’m just through that phase in life and like the ease my truck gives me of getting in and out of her and how she drives.

3. Feb 16, 2019 at 7:03 AM
    gdog_Tundra

gdog_Tundra [OP] New Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Limited CrewMax
    3 inch ToyTec coilovers, Dakar Leaf pack, Dirty Deeds 8 inch stainless exhaust, LED DRL headlights
    Rock,
    Where I do agree with you in principal, what fun is leaving it stock? I paid cash for the Tundra and now I plan on transforming it in to a truck that even I gawk at because of how it looks. I am really looking for the delta between the different lifts as you exceed 3 inches.
    Thanks
    G

Products Discussed in

To Top