1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

22 Tundra TRD Suspension Lift Kit

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by gr8fasushi, Sep 11, 2022.

1. Sep 16, 2023 at 3:43 AM
    TundraRod5

TundraRod5 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rodney
    Vehicle:
    2023 Tundra TRD Sport Lunar Rock
    Getting my TRD Lift installed on the 27th. I have 35s sitting in the garage prepped and ready to go on. Sitting on Fuel 18x9s. Black. on my Lunar Rock. TRD SPORT. I cannot wait!

ScootARoot likes this.
  2. Sep 16, 2023 at 10:36 PM
    mcahoon

mcahoon New Member

Member:
    Picking up a 24 limited TRD OR with lift from the factory in a few weeks when it comes in. Plan to put 295/65r20 KO2’s on it with factory TRD rims. Will these clear the rubbing issue being an inch or so narrower than 12.50’s? Also, any idea if the fog lights and active aero damn gets deleted from the factory with the lift? It’s a hybrid if that matters.

3. Sep 17, 2023 at 7:17 AM
    Zach1794

Zach1794 New Member

Member:
    MN
    Vehicle:
    2023 White Tundra 1794 TRD OR
    TRD 3” lift, 285/65/R20 BFG KO2’s, Go Rhino power running boards,
    I picked up my 1794 TRD OR from the dealership last week with the TRD lift sitting on 285/65/R20 BFG KO2’s, no rubbing. So far I’m impressed with the outcome, especially it being the first install this dealership had done.

_kmg_, Dave24, WesternDawg and 4 others like this.
  4. Sep 17, 2023 at 8:16 AM
    mcahoon

mcahoon New Member

Member:
    That looks nice! I’m gonna do the same when mine gets delivered, hopefully no rub! I really don’t want to put spacers on an $80,000 truck off the floor!

5. Sep 17, 2023 at 8:49 AM
    mcahoon

mcahoon New Member

Member:
    Does yours have the active aero dam that comes down? I'm so ready for mine to come in so I can see some pics! Could you share a couple pics of the spacing next to the sway bar?

6. Sep 21, 2023 at 12:11 PM
    AggiePE

AggiePE New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelsey
    Longview, TX
    Vehicle:
    23’ Tundra, 03’ Tacoma, 83’ Landcruiser
    3” TRD Lift
    My limited with the TRD off road package did not come with the active aero dam.

7. Sep 24, 2023 at 5:58 AM
    machd08

machd08 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    CLARENCE
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2023 Tundra Platinum IForce Max
    AFE Air Intake & Go Rhino E-Boards, Dirty Deeds Exhaust & TRD Off Road Grille & Chrome Stoppers grille surround, TRD OR Lift, TRD Sway Bar, Cooper AT3 275/65/20, Locker Down Safe, MTS/Crawl mode switch, Talons Garage Skid Plate, AVS bug gaurd/window, Dirty Deeds Cat Back Exhaust
    How do the Bilstein shocks ride, curious as the ones that come on the truck ride like shit. I put Icons on my Nissan and road great over the shitty roads in South Carolina

8. Sep 24, 2023 at 9:26 AM
    Kap1

Kap1 New Member

Member:
    San Francisco, CA
    Vehicle:
    2022 1794
    It sounds as if anyone who's truly doing off-roading gets aftermarket kits from dobinson or such.

9. Sep 24, 2023 at 2:46 PM
    BaileyJP8

BaileyJP8 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 Toyota Tundra
    TRD 3” lift kit
    Has anyone gone in and had their suspension re-torqued after install? It’s common practice to have everything re-torqued after the first 500 miles but the dealership didn’t mention anything. I’m assuming they’ll want to charge me to come back to re-torque lol.

jachal likes this.
  10. Sep 25, 2023 at 5:38 PM
    falcotait

falcotait New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Vehicle:
    23 Limited Tundra
    Great thread, guys. I’m seriously considering getting the OEM TRD lift installed on my 23 Limited Tundra. I’ve heard of a few problems but it seems people mostly post the problems rather than the successes.

so, my question is, how is the ride on pavement and off pavement?? Most of my off-roading is on dirt roads with a decent base so not deep mud, and snow. I have 285/65/20 Falken Wildpeaks right now on TRD wheels.

11. Sep 29, 2023 at 6:38 AM
    machd08

machd08 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    CLARENCE
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2023 Tundra Platinum IForce Max
    AFE Air Intake & Go Rhino E-Boards, Dirty Deeds Exhaust & TRD Off Road Grille & Chrome Stoppers grille surround, TRD OR Lift, TRD Sway Bar, Cooper AT3 275/65/20, Locker Down Safe, MTS/Crawl mode switch, Talons Garage Skid Plate, AVS bug gaurd/window, Dirty Deeds Cat Back Exhaust
    Just got the TRD lift kit, dealer matched Sparks Parts, but they said 22hrs to install at over $3K. Went to my local Suspension shop, they said $1K-$1.2K.
    Going to get Springs for the rear that lifts 2” instead of what the TRD package brackets.
    Any idea on good springs for the 2” lift?

12. Sep 29, 2023 at 8:31 AM
    TundraRod5

TundraRod5 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rodney
    Vehicle:
    Just got my TRD lift installed yesterday. Incredible. I have a 23 TRD SPORT. Toyota dealer in my area charged $2683 including tax. (PA). That included the alignment and TPMS programming for my new 35s with 18x9 Fuels.

13. Sep 30, 2023 at 7:56 AM
    tlh1005

tlh1005 New Member

Member:
    I'm kind of stuck. The TRD Pro would be perfect but the technical camo makes it a no go for me. I'm definitely settled on a 1794 but I can't figure out what to do suspension wise. I want the truck to be level and have a little more height than stock (I love the look of the Sierra At4 which has a stock 2" lift or the TRD Pro). I don't really need the TRD Off Road options, but the truck can be ordered from the factory with the 3" lift now and it includes the Off Road package. My main problem is I am worried the 3" lift is too much height. I don't want to use a Wescott spacer etc. because I want the ride of the truck to be as good as stock or better. It sucks that dealer stock is always so low that you can rarely see trim/options you want on a lot. The idea of spending $70K and not knowing what it will look or ride like until it shows up does not sit well with me.

I'm wondering if it would make more sense to just order the 1794 with options and slap something else on suspension wise aftermarket to get the ride and look I want. I have no idea where to start with that. The truck will mostly be on pavment and a few times of the year in the mountains of NC with snow.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2023
  14. Sep 30, 2023 at 12:59 PM
    jhtram

jhtram If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    2023 Lunar Rock Tundra Limited TRD
    OEM TRD Lift Maxxis RAZR AT LT285/65R20 tyres Spidertrax 1" Spacers Retrax Pro XR Tonneau Bumpershellz 'stache overlay TRD Pro Fender Flares Yakima Overhaul HD Bed Rack OEM Blackout Overlays aFe Front Tow Hooks Talon's Cat Shield Undercover SwingCase Toolboxes TufSkinz Console Cover (Matte black) ScreenProtech LCD and instrument cluster protectors Tailgate & bumper vinyl inserts (texas decal king)
    My advice would be to get the TRD lift factory installed so you can have it under the mfg warranty.

Pretty sure the TRD lift only raised my truck about 2.5".

15. Sep 30, 2023 at 3:58 PM
    Kap1

Kap1 New Member

Member:
    San Francisco, CA
    Vehicle:
    2022 1794
    How long is the warranty on the TRD lift kit? I thought it's only about 3 years if you buy it at same time when you buy the truck?

And if you actually use it for off-roading (have mud under the truck) then dealer can deny coverage and claim mis-use etc

16. Sep 30, 2023 at 6:05 PM
    TundraRod5

TundraRod5 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rodney
    Vehicle:
    I know there are many options out there. But I just felt better and willing to pay more for the TRD lift. I can fit 35s and it all goes with the truck. No issues. Has warranty. And you have a fighting chance that if something does go wrong to take it back to the dealer you got it done with and they might help. But for 24s and on they come with it from the assembly line so this will all be a mute point. Except the guys with 22s and 23s that want them installed. I am just in awe with my lift. Yes been only 4 days with it. But the fit and finish. The ride. The feel. Everything. The truck looks so good and like it should have been from the factory. And yes I got a Sport but I just wanted all the color match. 1000% this truck will be a parking lot princess and maybe a field or dirt drive way. But that is it and I am totally good with it. Want the look to be right and the look is...Perfect.

jachal likes this.
  17. Oct 1, 2023 at 7:31 AM
    jhtram

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    OEM TRD Lift Maxxis RAZR AT LT285/65R20 tyres Spidertrax 1" Spacers Retrax Pro XR Tonneau Bumpershellz 'stache overlay TRD Pro Fender Flares Yakima Overhaul HD Bed Rack OEM Blackout Overlays aFe Front Tow Hooks Talon's Cat Shield Undercover SwingCase Toolboxes TufSkinz Console Cover (Matte black) ScreenProtech LCD and instrument cluster protectors Tailgate & bumper vinyl inserts (texas decal king)
    for the 22 and 23’s it’s dealer installed with a max of three year warranty. Not sure about the 24 factory installed though I would expect it to be covered by the normal warranty if it’s factory installed.

As far as dealer claiming misuse, that all depends on the dealer and service dept.

Kap1[QUOTED] likes this.
  18. Oct 2, 2023 at 6:49 AM
    Teddyk1

Teddyk1 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Teddy
    Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tundra SR5 , blueprint
    Tonneau cover
    I hear a lot thru out this forum, dealer says this and dealer says that. Like that is the only place you can go to get things done right. I had a Jeep wrangler for 9 years (sad to let it go finally) I stopped having problems with it when I stopped going to the dealer.
    I will go to the dealer for warranty work or recalls . But anything else? Forget it. We should start a thread on dealers, which ones to avoid.
    This lift kit sounds great if it’s part of a factory install. BUT AFTERWARDS, not me , there are more kits coming out for these trucks as they are becoming more popular. King is one to maybe look at.

19. Oct 2, 2023 at 8:01 AM
    jhtram

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    100% agree when it comes to non-warranty work. The problem with these new trucks is all the damn safety features, cameras and technology. When you start adding aftermarket add ons, they often get blamed for malfunctioning software or hardware.

When its all OEM and you have a decent service dept it can be less of a hassle to get things fixed as there is less finger pointing.

20. Oct 2, 2023 at 8:21 AM
    Teddyk1

Teddyk1 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Teddy
    Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Tonneau cover
    absolutely right about all the safety features. These trucks are way too computerized , have to stay within the perimeters . For now it seems that I need to leave things alone and just get new tires to fit within the perimeters of the specs that were posted here . Maybe wheels later on .
    There’s a guy on YouTube fullmag tundra. He has a king suspension lift installed and that is exactly what I want a suspension lift to be able to do NO ISSUES, if I put on a lift. If the TRD OEM lift can do that then great. Otherwise Im out . Im not investing this much so I can drive around Walmart pretending to be off-road . I want to actually be going off-road .
    On my jeep I had the same research issues and after much debating I found that the jeep was very capable off-road for most trails just like it came stock. I never lifted it . Put on the best tires and wheel combo that I could match to stay within stock parameters and it looked amazing and performed very well off-road. Not rock crawling. But thats a different thing all together.

21. Oct 3, 2023 at 6:27 PM
    ABOR

ABOR New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    B
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2023 Black Tundra 1794 6.5 Bed
    285/75/r18 Falken Wildpeak AT3W KMC Teknic 5x127 +18mm UpTop Overland Truss Full Size Rack Bush Co Ax27 Tent
    Just got my TRD Lift installed. Anyone have a recommendation on how to get the TRD skid plate back on? Dealership removed, not sure I’m quite grasping other solutions mentioned here. Better of selling and going with an aftermarket skid? Are those still compatible?

Also noticed rub on driver side full left lock. Need to look into that.

KMC - Teknic - 18" 5x127 + 18mm
    Falken Wildpeak At3W LT 285/75/r18

Last edited: Oct 3, 2023
    NHKTundra likes this.
  22. Oct 4, 2023 at 8:52 PM
    Beach Cruiser

Beach Cruiser New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Has anyone added rear airbags after they installed the TRD lift? I'm hoping to reduce squat when loaded and/ or towing. I'm really happy with the lift so far and don't want to have to go with a stiffer spring.

23. Oct 4, 2023 at 8:58 PM
    Beach Cruiser

Beach Cruiser New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    I trimmed my skid plate and mounted it under the sway bar. It's not the most beautiful sight but it'll most likely take whatever I plan on throwing at it.
    ADCreHfKfiok-7OZ5lVckDQdldown5WahbE6obJY_eec6788e89a2d4fa11897b91bb031af2ab442a8a.jpg

ABOR[QUOTED] and G3ardnut like this.
  24. Oct 4, 2023 at 9:07 PM
    alpinefd100

alpinefd100 New Member

Member:
    great looking truck ! What's the offset on these wheels?

25. Oct 4, 2023 at 10:44 PM
    Slowbuilt

Slowbuilt New Member

Member:
    Oregon Coast
    Vehicle:
    24 Limited Off Road
    They are 17x8.5 0 offset.

26. Oct 13, 2023 at 8:00 AM
    tkcowboy45

tkcowboy45 New Member

Member:
    Gorgeous truck! Quick question…do your UCA’s have TRD stamped on them? I’ve seen pics where they are stamped but got mine today and they are not.

iiawah808 likes this.
  27. Oct 13, 2023 at 8:36 AM
    Teddyk1

Teddyk1 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Teddy
    Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Tonneau cover
    I called my local toyota dealer in West Bend Wisconsin and asked about the oem lift install.
    at first, he had no idea what I was talking about

then after some research on his computer, he did find a kit that he could order for me for $2975

Installation on the kit at first he said would be eight hours but then after more research on his part, he said the installation for my 22 tundra will be 15 hours

so the install would be $2718

I get it this is most likely what the install time would be because it’s a very involved kit
    Lots of sensors, etc. and they will all have to be readjusted and calibrated for the new height

here’s something interesting as well
    I also wanted to know what the price would be for ordering a Trd pro grill inserts and replacing my SR5 grill insert,

he said he had to do some research on this, and asked the parts and mechanics about it because they have not done any of these

he called me back about four hours later, and said that they would not recommend replacing the grill insert to a Trd pro
    That Trd pro grill sensors are aligned differently so changing out the grill insert with cause a whole Lot of problems

so I’m reading the forums here about all the pioneering that has already occurred with everybody changing everything out the moment these trucks came out on the road

with good results, some of them with not so good results,

the real question is, are we able to do anything at all with all this technology because if we modify anything it’s going to ruin all of our warranties, and as we have read throughout countless forums here, it is not cheap and this truck does have a host of issues that we have to work through before we’re gonna start enjoying this truck

I guess I’m going to put on the brakes for everything for now until I can be more patient and see what things turn out like
    What have they changed on the 24th? That’s different on the first two years of production

and it seems like the dealers have no idea what is going on

28. Oct 13, 2023 at 8:57 AM
    22TXAG

22TXAG New Member

Member:
    Sounds like you are dealing with a clueless dealer. Try another

jachal likes this.
  29. Oct 13, 2023 at 10:18 AM
    iiawah808

iiawah808 New Member

Member:
    Oahu, HI
    Vehicle:
    2022 iForce Tundra Limited TRD Offroad
    Currently Searching....
    When I got my trd uca’s they had stickers vs. being stamped. I was kinda bummed about it but nonetheless, it’s still nice.

30. Oct 13, 2023 at 12:19 PM
    AggiePE

AggiePE New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelsey
    Longview, TX
    Vehicle:
    23’ Tundra, 03’ Tacoma, 83’ Landcruiser
    3” TRD Lift
    I thought they were stamped, turns out they are stickers!
    UCA.jpg

Yaboy likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top