1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2021 Tundra Limited - Prospective Buyer - Opinions Please

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ETCSTHORNE, May 27, 2021.

1. May 30, 2021 at 11:07 AM
    surfmonkey

surfmonkey New Member

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2024 Tundra Limited
    Full tank of gas
    I think they are ramping down production and lining up the retooling for the 22s.

59k for a limited seems a bit high to me, but I suppose location matters. In oregon, I found a number of dealerships selling trd pros for msrp still. A lot are trying to mark them up, but there are the decent few that refuse to sell more than msrp, I assume cause they want future business as well. There is the dwindling supply on the current gen though, so economics (supply/demand) comes into play.

In reference to your price, my OTD price was 55374 base + around 500 in luxury tax + 300 in fees. no other taxes.
    If you want to include opportunity cost, I traded a 19 taco at 36k with 9k in equity. So that gives the dealer roughly 3-4k of additional profit which I could have taken off the table if I sold it privately.
    My Pro included the truck, and bed liner, and he threw in an additional 5 years of platinum warranty for some extraneous reasons.

Considering the pro is based off of the limited trim, I think even with the add-ons you want, 59k+ is too much according to my market. You are going to need to work out the math in your market.

If I was in a financially strapped position or just wanted to get into a Tundra before they retired the platform, I would have gone sr5 with upgrade, had the dealer manage the katzkin install, and then dealt with whatever upgrades I wanted on my own after that.

2. May 30, 2021 at 11:20 AM
    a_double

a_double New Member

Member:
    I hope it ramps up, there's still a lot of demand to be met. I don't think Toyota wants to miss out on that but who knows. They probably have PhD's who crunch those numbers.

I put a deposit down for a dealer allocation. Fingers crossed.

Mike59 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top