1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2019 4.6 Trailer Brake Control

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by tundradon, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Jun 23, 2019 at 4:23 AM
    tundradon

tundradon [OP] New Member

Member:
    Thank you again especially JohnLakeman. When all the parts arrive I will attempt this installation. I will post the results.

JohnLakeman likes this.
  2. Jul 1, 2019 at 9:00 AM
    tundradon

tundradon [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hello everyone. I ran across this wiring harness this weekend. It would span the distance from the P3 mounting panel to the plug behind the Passenger kick panel. Does anyone know if this harness end fits the P3? Thanks.

[​IMG]

3. Jul 1, 2019 at 9:38 AM
    JohnLakeman

JohnLakeman Burning Internet Daylight

Member:
    Outside of Weird, TX
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM DC TSS 4.6L
    TRD Pro grille, 2018 LED Headlights, Undercover Flex bed cover, Neoprene seat covers, Bed/tailgate mats, Power tailgate lock, auto headlights, illuminated key switch
    Nice find. Tekonsha tech service didn't offer than one up for my application (2017 doesn't need, plug n' play), but it should definitely work for 2018+ 4.6L.

Universal applies only to the vehicle end; the controller plug should fit your P3 perfectly since it is a Tekonsha harness. If you can find a connection plug end/ terminals to fit the harness plug in the passenger side kick panel area, you'll be perfect. Or, you can just depin/cut the black and blue wires out of the harness plug, solder, and shrink tube or tape.

4. Aug 2, 2019 at 4:24 AM
    Stylez

Stylez New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra CM 4.6
    Hello! On the train ride in to work and found this thread. Exactly what I am looking to do with the exact same truck. My sister keeps asking me to tow her horse. Short distances are fine but I’d feel better going loner distances with one installed.

It looks like it has been a few weeks now. How did everything work out for you tundradon?

5. Feb 9, 2020 at 1:36 PM
    Marc4.6

Marc4.6 New Member

Member:
    The simplest Brake Controller Solution for your 4.6.......The Curt Echo wireless brake controller requires no installation. Just plug it into your 7 pin connector, download the App, and control your brakes from your phone. Been using it for a year now, and it works great!

NewImprovedRon likes this.
  6. Aug 4, 2021 at 8:53 AM
    Sheba

Sheba New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    19 Tundra 4.6
    Just a heads up: I recently upgraded my trailer and needed to equip my 19 Tundra Crewmax 4.6 with a break controller. After consulting the manual and specs, and reading through this thread, I contacted Toyota Customer Service and filed a complaint. I questioned why the break connector was listed as there but was unusable. The next day they called back and agreed that they were at fault for saying the trucks came with the connector and not being up front about it not working. Less than a week later Toyota paid for my local dealer’s service department to install the wiring and break controller. I paid for the controller, which was specified as not coming with the truck but all the wiring and components, as well as labor to install them, is at no cost to me and completely paid for my Toyota proper. Reach out to them!

Clemsonman14 and Hbjeff like this.
  7. Aug 4, 2021 at 10:37 AM
    Clemsonman14

Clemsonman14 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 SR5 Crewmax 4x2
    Interesting they paid for something listed but not installed. There are a bunch of 19 and 20 owners who had trans cooler listed as included on their truck but it didn’t actually have one and to my knowledge Toyota refuses to pay for that

8. Aug 4, 2021 at 1:22 PM
    Sheba

Sheba New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    19 Tundra 4.6
    Hmmm. I don’t see how they can get away with not fixing that issue. When I called I did tell them that if they could show me where it was listed as “not working” then I’d eat crow and leave them alone but if they couldn’t, I fully expected them to make it right or I would pursue further legal options. Didn’t take long for them to get back with me. Not sure how their legal team, no matter how good they are, could keep the company from having to provide the product that was promised.

To Top