1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2018 Tundra Pre Collision Code Issues

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by PBH, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Feb 23, 2018 at 2:10 PM
    Nap1970

Nap1970 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra TRD off road
    Just how important is this recall issue supposedly? After entering vin number Toyota’s website states to contact your dealership to schedule an appointment for this fix. The website then states that Toyota will be mailing out notices in mid March to individuals with affected vehicles. Are we supposed to contact dealership now after entering our vin number or wait until we receive notice in the mail this time next month? If I can wait a month to have to go back to the horrible dealership that would be just fine with me but if this issue is dangerous then I don’t want to risk driving around till then

2. Feb 24, 2018 at 4:50 AM
    Paula B

Paula B New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paula
    Vehicle:
    Tundrra 2018
    I called an attorney and he said sounds like a clear case, called RE-PURCHASE from corporate as the dealership really has nothing to do with it, they go after corporate. But he also stated that his lawyer firm has done plenty of Lemon Law issues but never one with Toyota. Said this would be his first and he has been doing Law for years. Mine still in the shop Ugh!! NOT even a month old here to. SAD!!!

3. Feb 24, 2018 at 4:59 AM
    Paula B

Paula B New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paula
    Vehicle:
    Tundrra 2018
    But if you google class action suites for Toyota there is quiet a few.....I'm just so scared of the truck at this point. I should not be scared of my own vehicle for safety for me and my family.

4. Feb 24, 2018 at 6:59 AM
    Nap1970

Nap1970 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra TRD off road
    @Paula B

I completely understand where you are coming from regarding the safety of yourself and your family. I contacted the tech that has been working with me regarding PCS issue and was told that the only way that they know if they are able to fix this recall issue yet is by my having to make an appointment so that they can to do a health check scan and that will inform if they can even to this repair yet. Tried scheduling appointment to get this done ASAP and there are no appointments for at least 3 weeks. I am supposed to be driving this truck around as much as possible to see if PCS issue is fixed yet and I am also going out of down in a week. Where does this leave me now, I am supposed to do all this driving when there is a major safety recall and I can’t get it fixed for a month? Inconvenience upon inconvenience

5. Feb 24, 2018 at 7:13 AM
    757TUNDRA

757TUNDRA Not a New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    2018 Barcelona Red Metallic Platinum 4x4
    OEM Bed Cover, OEM Bed Rail System, OEM Bedmat, OEM Doorsill Protectors, OEM TRD Rear Sway Bar, OEM Color Matched Door Handles, OEM Color Matched Mirror Caps, OEM Bed Net, OEM Driver Side Grab Handle, BFG K02 LT275/60/20, WeatherTech Digifit FloorLiners, Salex OCD Console Organizer, Salex Console Tray
    You can call and schedule an appointment or wait for the letter, totally up to you. Two quick software updates resolve the issue and you're out the door. If you're worried about it being a safety issue you should call and schedule the appointment now.

6. Feb 24, 2018 at 3:29 PM
    Nap1970

Nap1970 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra TRD off road
    Called and scheduled an appointment, first available that they had is March 14 due to how many vehicles are coming in for recall. Still trying to find out how important this recall issue is. Basically, how can we find out if our trucks are safe enough to keep driving around before the recall issue is fixed.

7. Feb 24, 2018 at 4:44 PM
    757TUNDRA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    OEM Bed Cover, OEM Bed Rail System, OEM Bedmat, OEM Doorsill Protectors, OEM TRD Rear Sway Bar, OEM Color Matched Door Handles, OEM Color Matched Mirror Caps, OEM Bed Net, OEM Driver Side Grab Handle, BFG K02 LT275/60/20, WeatherTech Digifit FloorLiners, Salex OCD Console Organizer, Salex Console Tray
    Your truck is safe enough to drive. In the meantime you may receive the error message on your dash telling you those features are unavailable.

8. Feb 24, 2018 at 5:14 PM
    Nap1970

Nap1970 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra TRD off road
    @757TUNDRA

Appreciate the response back. You are right on about what you said in previous post regarding Priority Toyota dealership. Meant to say something few weeks ago but I forgot

757TUNDRA likes this.
  9. Feb 24, 2018 at 9:19 PM
    Rski85

Rski85 New Member

Member:
    Well my pcs error has not came back in two days. It's been raining cats and dogs and still no error in two days. So I don't know if I should still keep my appointment this Monday morning to have them chek it out or should I just cancel it and wait till it comes back

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  10. Feb 25, 2018 at 5:41 AM
    Paula B

Paula B New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paula
    Vehicle:
    Tundrra 2018
    NEW ALERT!!!
    Model Year 2017 Tundra
    In the involved vehicles with second row seats, there is a possibility that one or more of the bolts attaching the left rear seat to the floor may not have been properly fastened. A seat with improperly fastened bolts may lead to an increased risk of injury in the event of a crash.

For all involved vehicles, Toyota dealers will properly tighten the bolts at no cost to customers. All known owners will receive a notification by first-class mail starting in the middle of March.

Model Year 2018 Sequoia and Tundra
    In the involved vehicles, there is a possibility that a vehicle diagnostic function may unnecessarily turn off the Vehicle Stability Control System and affect other systems. If this occurs, warning lights and messages will be displayed, and a warning chime will sound. Turning off Vehicle Stability Control could increase the risk of a crash.

For all involved vehicles, Toyota dealers will update the software in an electronic control unit at no cost to customers. All known owners will receive a notification by first-class mail starting in the middle of March.

Information about automotive recalls, including but not limited to the list of involved vehicles, is subject to change over time. For the most up-to-date Safety Recall information on Toyota, Lexus or Scion vehicles, customers should check their vehicle’s status by visiting toyota.com/recall and enter the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). Safety Recall inquiry by individual VIN is also available at the NHTSA site: nhtsa.gov/recalls.

For any additional questions, customer support is also available by calling the Toyota Customer Experience Center at 1.800.331.4331 or the Lexus Guest Experience Center at 1.800.255.3987.

NCinCO likes this.
  11. Feb 25, 2018 at 5:44 AM
    Paula B

Paula B New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paula
    Vehicle:
    Tundrra 2018
    CARS.COM

Vehicles Affected: Approximately 65,000 model-year 2018 Sequoia SUVs and Tundra pickup trucks

The Problem: A vehicle diagnostic function may unnecessarily turn off the vehicle stability control system and affect other systems, increasing the risk of a crash. Toyota explained that if the problem occurs, warning lights and messages will be displayed, and a warning chime will sound.

The Fix: Dealers will update the software in an electronic control unit for free.

What Owners Should Do: Toyota will begin notifying owners by first-class mail in mid-March. Owners can call the automaker at 800-331-4331, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's vehicle-safety hotline at 888-327-4236 or visit its website to check their vehicle identification number and learn more.

Need to Find a Dealer for Service? Go to Cars.com Service & Repair to find your local dealer. To check for other recalls, and to schedule a free recall repair at your local dealership, click here: Toyota Sequoia; Toyota Tundra

LIKE JUST RE-PURCHASE MINE PLEASEEEEEE!!!!!

12. Feb 25, 2018 at 5:58 AM
    757TUNDRA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    If you had the software update associated with the recall and you're not having any issues you should cancel your appointment. Keeping the appt will waste your time and theirs ... there will be no codes to find.

This was released middle of last week. Quick software update to correct the issue and you're on your way. Easy fix. Glad Toyota figured this out for the few who have had the issue.

13. Feb 25, 2018 at 8:49 AM
    Paula B

Paula B New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paula
    Vehicle:
    Tundrra 2018
    I have had computer replaced - recall done X2 and ERROR still shows up....????? Mine NOT FIXED!!!!

14. Feb 25, 2018 at 8:52 AM
    Paula B

Paula B New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paula
    Vehicle:
    Tundrra 2018
    The quick software update then go on your mary little way is not true....I am so happy your truck is doing great....on the other hand for all of us that this little quick fix your talking about, we still are in a pickle. And the new recall is stated to come out in MARCH for the airbag in the steering wheel that is different then the one I have been dealing with, that is why I posted the news. Thanks

15. Feb 25, 2018 at 10:55 AM
    757TUNDRA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    No need to yell (i.e. all caps). Sorry you're having this issue, I know it must be frustrating. Can you post the info on the airbag recall? I haven't seen that one. Thanks.

16. Feb 25, 2018 at 3:49 PM
    Rski85

Rski85 New Member

Member:
    I didn't have the updated yet. The error just went away it's self.

757TUNDRA likes this.
  17. Feb 26, 2018 at 6:03 AM
    Paula B

Paula B New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paula
    Vehicle:
    Tundrra 2018
    Toyota recalled roughly 64,900 Tundras and Sequoias, saying these vehicles are at risk for having their electronic stability control systems shutting down unexpectedly.

Both car makers will notify impacted owners of the recalled vehicles starting in March, and if necessary, will repair the vehicles at no cost.

http://abcnews.go.com

18. Feb 26, 2018 at 7:07 AM
    Paula B

Paula B New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paula
    Vehicle:
    Tundrra 2018
    It will go away but every time you start your vehicle within 1/2 to 5 miles of driving it will come stating "OFF" then it will go away. Sometimes it goes on and off and you just don't notice because you are looking at the road so you can drive. But it will just stop if the vehicle think there is something in front. Like I came up on a 18 wheeler via interstate, wanted to pass so rock not hit my truck, as I speeded up to pass my truck thought the 18 wheeler was slowing so my truck slammed on brake all the way down to 32 miles per hour then let me push the gas to go. So just think if there was another 18 wheeler behind me, I would not be sending you this information. That is scary to me for sure. Just watch your light.

19. Feb 26, 2018 at 7:08 AM
    Paula B

Paula B New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paula
    Vehicle:
    Tundrra 2018
    Toyota recalled roughly 64,900 Tundras and Sequoias, saying these vehicles are at risk for having their electronic stability control systems shutting down unexpectedly.

Both car makers will notify impacted owners of the recalled vehicles starting in March, and if necessary, will repair the vehicles at no cost.

20. Feb 26, 2018 at 7:08 AM
    Paula B

Paula B New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paula
    Vehicle:
    Tundrra 2018

21. Feb 26, 2018 at 8:21 PM
    Rski85

Rski85 New Member

Member:
    After the recall update my error went away and stayed away!! Keeping fingers crossed

22. Feb 28, 2018 at 11:25 PM
    Tundra2018

Tundra2018 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hilario
    Vehicle:
    2018 Black Tundra Platinum
    After market engine start
    I have the same problem with the recall but it was taken care of in January 10.

Until last week the light come up and I drops the truck to the dealer is been 4 days, now the dealer call me and they say the problem is the after market engine start but I see few people with the same problem and the problem come back. I’m really frustrated because they say they may not help me.

But I see and other person with the problem and the dealer is blame to the lifted kit truck so look likethey don’t want take care there customers

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  23. Mar 7, 2018 at 12:18 PM
    Paula B

Paula B New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paula
    Vehicle:
    Tundrra 2018
    Call 1-800-331-4331 or attorney - I had to no other way.....I tried and tried but Toyota did not want to replace my truck and sorry but I work hard for my money and the most goes to taxes and the rest is not going on a vehicle that is not dependable. I am so sorry you all are having issues, my son's both have tacoma's and no issues. YET!!! One of them is like 2005 model and still going. I know Toyota makes good product just sucks that don't take care of you after the fact. Sad!

24. Mar 7, 2018 at 12:31 PM
    Nike21

Nike21 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5 CrewMax TSS 4X4 Black Beast
    What did the attorney do?

25. Mar 7, 2018 at 12:33 PM
    Paula B

Paula B New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paula
    Vehicle:
    Tundrra 2018
    Got a good case....said he see's no problem with getting either full refund or nice payoff for issue or new truck. Called Redhibbition Law in Louisiana

26. Mar 12, 2018 at 11:44 AM
    Nap1970

Nap1970 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra TRD off road
    @Paula B

Just got off phone with Toyota corporate and the conversation didn’t go as well as I had hoped. Per the last conversation that I had with them I was under the impression that I would continue to work with Toyota and drive my truck around to see if sensor issue appears fixed and then if I decided to keep the vehicle then we would discuss available options for the inconvenience. I could have sworn in our last conversation that corporate stated that being reimbursed for the additional extended warranty I had purchased was an available option and now it isn’t. The rep told me that I didn’t want to go through replace vehicle option then he could offer me a $350 credit to purchase accessories and etc. at a Toyota dealership. He upped the amount to $500 after I complained to him that I was under the impression that I would be reimbursed for extended warranty I purchased. After some more back and forth, I was able to get 1 months car payment and the $350 credit for service/ purchase at a Toyota dealership. I told him that although this isn’t what I was told in our last conversation this offer is still reasonable except for the fact that the $350 dealership credit is pretty much useless to me bc I don’t plan on giving Toyota any more money than I have to and definitely don’t want to give the dealership any business. I asked if there is any other way to be given this $350 such as a check or gift card so that I can use it. Representative replied no. I told him to call me back next week and I will let him know. The offer is fair and my truck seems to be fixed, I just want to be able to benefit from the $350. Not trying to be a jerk or greedy, I just know what I was told the last time we talked and I didn’t like how this guy was saying that he and I spoke about this $350 credit last time and that I had agreed to accept it if I wanted to keep truck. I will probably just accept it because it’s the best offer that I am probably going to get. Oh well

27. Mar 12, 2018 at 12:59 PM
    Paula B

Paula B New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paula
    Vehicle:
    Tundrra 2018
    Oh boy, did you not want to get another vehicle?

28. Mar 12, 2018 at 1:07 PM
    Paula B

Paula B New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paula
    Vehicle:
    Tundrra 2018
    Maybe contact an attorney and just ask if thats fair ?? If they offer to replace mine I think I am going to replace mine. That is all I ever really wanted to do ya know. I have not signed with the attorney yet because I really like not a person who likes being in a legal mess if I can work out on my own. Never had this issue before so I am trying to get Toyota to work with me. Listen don't let them tell you that is the only way they can give you that money, that is not true. Stand your ground and tell them NO! They can give you a check via mail or take it off the principal balance of your auto loan. They can do what ever they want, he is just bulling you, thats what he gets paid for ya know. I see the rep tomorrow and will let u know what happens if you want. I am so sorry but I believe if you stand your ground you will get most of what you want, prayers.

29. Mar 15, 2018 at 5:33 AM
    rsnuck

rsnuck New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra
    I have a 2018 Toyota Tundra Limited. Within 5000 miles the Pre Collision Warning light has come on. It comes on at intermitent times. When the vehicle is restarted the light may or may not be there. There is no specific weather phenomenom that cause it to come on and I clean the emblem sensor daily. The Cruise control will not operate when the PCS light is on. I have taken it to the Toyota dealer. The light went out and they could not pull a code. They said bring it back when the light is on. The light came on before I left their parking lot and I immediately returned. They took it back to the shop and the technician was not there that worked on it. They asked if a senior technician could take the truck home over night to duplicate the condition. I was given a Corolla as a free loaner. Good thing I didn't need the truck for business! No duplication but supposedly computer was programmed. The next day the light returns and I call the Dealer's Service Supervisor. He has no knowledge when I was there with him the day before. I called the Toyota.com service Support. The guy was polite and I explained the problem. I told them that maybe its time for Lemon or to file a class action lawsuit. I was told I would be called back in 24 hours. 24 hrs has come and gone. The PCS was a major purchase decision for this vehicle. Maybe I should have bought the Ford!

30. Mar 15, 2018 at 6:50 AM
    Philly Tundra

Philly Tundra New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tre
    Vehicle:
    2018 Limited
    Debadged chrome Color matched side mirror door handles Swap chrome grill for color match platinum honeycomb
    I have a 2018 Tundra limited....my truck has had issues where the radar (adaptive cruise would shut off) if it rained/sleeting a lot of was foggy etc....i took mine in yesterday to get the software updated and I asked them for a write up of all the fixes going in (because they didn't know over the phone).
    I'm going to look at it and try to post a summary of what I find.

Products Discussed in

To Top