1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2018 Tundra Pre Collision Code Issues

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by PBH, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Feb 7, 2018 at 3:28 PM
    netranger6

netranger6 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Vehicle:
    2021 Crewmax. 4x4, SR5, Blacked Out package
    None. Keeping this one stock.
    Good man. Pressure.

2. Feb 10, 2018 at 6:26 AM
    Nap1970

Nap1970 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra TRD off road
    Update

Picked my truck up this past Thursday afternoon after having the PCS sensor replaced and I haven’t had any issue with it randomly coming on since. Hopefully, this has fixed the issue but only time will tell.
    As I stated in a previous post, I am in the process of contacting Toyota bc I feel that there needs to be something done to compensate me for the enormous inconvenience that this has caused me. Let’s pretend that my truck is now fixed, is it unreasonable for me to expect and ask to be compensated? Not only did I have to go back and forth to dealership 7 times so far regarding this matter but I also had to do all that documentation/ record keeping that Toyota requested that I do.

Personally I don’t think that I am being unreasonable about this especially since the truck is still less than a month old. Any suggestions for what should I ask for as compensation that is both reasonable and realistic? I have tried contacting dealership general manager twice via email since Tuesday and he still hasn’t gotten back to me so I plan on contacting Regional today. I appreciate any feedback that can be given. Thanks

PBH[OP] likes this.
  3. Feb 11, 2018 at 5:06 PM
    netranger6

netranger6 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Vehicle:
    Write it off tour taxes.

Wvmoonshiner likes this.
  4. Feb 11, 2018 at 7:40 PM
    71_340

71_340 The German

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    FLW, MO
    What do you want as a remedy? Think about it and bring it up to the manager when he contacts you. Always try to resolve any issues at the lowest level first........first rule of management.

5. Feb 11, 2018 at 8:19 PM
    Dmas

Dmas New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    FTL, FL
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5 Tundra DC TRD Off Road 4x4
    Ask for a free extended warranty from Toyota, a 100k miles extended warranty , that’s what I’ll do if I was in your position.

PBH[OP] likes this.
  6. Feb 11, 2018 at 9:14 PM
    PBH

PBH [OP] New Member

Member:
    Destin Fl
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Crewmax xsp
    ^^^^^^^
    What he said...

7. Feb 11, 2018 at 9:31 PM
    He_need_some_milk

He_need_some_milk New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 DC Limited TRD offroad Tundra
    I thought it was common sense to not tow anything for the first 500-1000 miles at the very least?

8. Feb 12, 2018 at 7:50 AM
    Nap1970

Nap1970 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra TRD off road
    @71_340 @PBH

Contacted Regional this morning to file a complaint regarding this entire issue and about how the dealership general manager has never responded to my email attempts regarding this issue. I had attempted to resolve it at the dealership level but he didn’t seem interested.

Regional essentially said that there is nothing they can do and can’t compensate me in anyway due to the fact that the sensor has been now replaced and appears to be be fixed now. That’s when I told her that we still don’t know yet if it has been fixed bc it was supposedly fixed each of the other 6 times I brought it up to dealership. It will be great if my truck is fixed but it really pisses me off that I had to deal with such an enormous inconvenience and have to just grin and bare it.
    Regional assigned me a case number and told me to contact them back if I have any other issues with the sensor. This whole experience has really left a bad taste in my mouth. Been purchasing vehicles here for past 20 years and this is definitely the last vehicle I buy from this dealership

PBH[OP] likes this.
  9. Feb 12, 2018 at 8:22 AM
    71_340

71_340 The German

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    FLW, MO
    I can understand your frustration about the whole issue. Luckily I haven't had any issues with my truck, this is my first Tundra so I haven't had any Toyota dealership experience yet. Although the F-150s I had previously had more then their fair share of warranty issues (one reason I switched to the Tundra) my dealer (for 30+ years) always went out of his way to get things done, the Ford service was without a doubt an A+. Your dealer really makes or breaks your ownership experience, no matter what brand you drive.

PBH[OP] and 757TUNDRA like this.
  10. Feb 12, 2018 at 8:35 AM
    [DELETED]

[DELETED] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    PNW
    You agreed to beta test the issue for the dealership... In my estimation, this was a way for the dealership to put off ordering a new sensor. You agreed to it. Had you put your foot down immediately, you may have rec'd your sensor, immediately, like others have. I'm happy to hear you're no longer experiencing any difficulties. What a pain!!!

An extended service plan is way too much to expect. Ask for it, sure. But, be happy if they'll cover your first service.

I'm glad it's fixed, and I hope I don't need to deal with this on my truck... Thank you for documenting your experiences. This WILL help us in knowing what to expect and how to deal with it.

PBH[OP] likes this.
  11. Feb 12, 2018 at 8:39 AM
    [DELETED]

[DELETED] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    PNW
    For the record, I'm like you. I like to develop relationships and help folks out when I can. I'm non-confrontational and would have done just the same as you.

Hope the dealership appreciates your willingness to go with the flow. Look for lifetime oil or a free service, or two. Those are easy for them to give away.

12. Feb 14, 2018 at 5:22 PM
    Nap1970

Nap1970 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra TRD off road
    Evidently regional contacted the dealership as yesterday I received an email from the customer relations manager at the dealership. She told me that she is sorry I have to deal with all this and etc. and reiterated that Toyota’s position as of now is they aren’t offering any compensation bc the issue has been fixed. She then told me that for my inconvenience they will give a free tank of gas the next time I am at the dealership. Even though part of me feels it’s almost an insulting offer, hell at least it’s something.

I wrote her back and told her that I haven’t had much of an opportunity to drive my truck since the sensor was replaced so we don’t know yet if the problem has been fixed and that I will be driving it a lot in the next few days. I also told her I don’t understand the position being taking because I already did what Toyota is saying is necessary to be compensated (contacted dealership while experiencing this problem), and as a result of my not receiving a response back, I am now being told that I am unable to be compensated. I then stated that if this is indeed the position both the dealership an toyota are taking then myself and my family will never purchase another vehicle from here again and I plan on going online to various websites to share my story to hopefully prevent potential customers from having similar situations. I also added that I think it is important for the public to see how much this dealership values their longtime customers. I know my saying this comes across as me having a tantrum but fuck it! I am pissed as shit for having to even have to deal with this in the first place but then being told “ oh well” for all this inconvenience has cost me is just the final straw. Done with them. And I am done bitching here.

13. Feb 14, 2018 at 6:47 PM
    PBH

PBH [OP] New Member

Member:
    Destin Fl
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Crewmax xsp
    Tell them to make your first payment (if u hv 1) since you are just now able to enjoy your truck. Or maybe first 4 or 5 tanks of gas

14. Feb 14, 2018 at 7:47 PM
    Dsingh06

Dsingh06 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Deepak
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    2018 Super White Tundra CM 4x4
    Dealing with the same issue as most of all.. I've left my Tundra at the dealership for the second time (first time the dealers did nothing but disappoint me) and was told they are going to get the regional techs to look at it. It's been about a week now and I'm going to call them tomorrow to check on the status of it.

15. Feb 15, 2018 at 4:55 AM
    71_340

71_340 The German

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    FLW, MO
    I can understand your frustrations. Luckily mine doesn't have those issues (yet?). I did take mine to the dealer about the crappy premium stereo, first they agreed with me that the woofer doesn't work good and made me an appointment. When I picked it up I was told it works as designed.....BS, I contacted Toyota and all I got was a patronizing email telling me how they constantly take customer feedback into consideration to improve their product.....more BS.

I just spent my own money and fixed it.

With that said, if my truck would turn into a problem child it would be gone quickly. So far (except for the one issue above) I can not complain and the Tundra is definitely the best truck I ever bought.

16. Feb 16, 2018 at 4:37 PM
    Nap1970

Nap1970 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra TRD off road
    Back again.

The customer relations manager responded to my last email regarding taking my business elsewhere and etc. with the following: “ I apologize that you are not satisfied with Toyota, however Priority Toyota has offered to compensate you with a tank of gas for your inconvenience. Priority Toyota has followed the proper repair procedure per Toyota guidelines. Thank you for your business”.
    That set me the hell off. Emailed her back telling her that 1 tank of gas is basically a slap in the face. I also added the following “that I am very confused about the position that both Toyota and Priority Toyota are taking on this matter especially since this truck that I purchased from your dealership appears quite close to being possibly considered a lemon under the guidelines of Virginia Lemon laws. This vehicle has most certainly been subject to repair more than three times for the same problem within the first 18 months since I have purchased it. I am sure that as a Customer relations manager you are already well aware of this though.”

After sending this email, I contacted regional again explaining my situation and found out that the dealership service department only has me in the system of coming in on 3 times. Evidently, they bypassed putting me into the system the other 5 times I brought it up there since they were only hooking it up to scan it. Regardless, the 3 times could be enough for it to be considered a lemon and regional opened a case and someone is supposed to contact me back regarding the whole lemon issue. They asked me after everything that I have been through what do I want? Do I want the truck fixed or do I want to get rid of it? I told them that if this truck does indeed meet the criteria of a lemon then I don’t want it. Not sure what I will do if Toyota takes it back, sadly I don’t think I want another Toyota and I think that I would rather take my chances with a Ford or Nissan.

17. Feb 16, 2018 at 5:05 PM
    Larmand

Larmand SSEM #6

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 SLIGHTLY MODIFIED SR5 TRD CM 4x4-CEMENT
    Not that this makes you feel any better but I'm still fighting my battle as well. I take a picture every time i can. Just in case this does have to go to court. All I really want is this to be fixed, any compensation would be great. I can honestly say, i drive a Ford everyday at work and have looked at Titan, Ram and Chevy, and there is no way i would leave my Tundra. Its a new feature they are having issues getting under control. As of right now I have to drop it off at the dealer again, Monday. Hopefully something good comes of this. Good luck to everyone still fighting their battle.20180216_161913.jpg

18. Feb 16, 2018 at 5:35 PM
    8MINT8

8MINT8 #NotBetty

Member:
    Lost
    Vehicle:
    2018 Unicorn TRD
    For people with this issue, do you know your build date? Mine was built 1/3/18 and I have no issues. I even tested the ACC today but quickly cancelled it because the following distance was too far away for my liking even on the closest setting.

19. Feb 16, 2018 at 5:59 PM
    Larmand

Larmand SSEM #6

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 SLIGHTLY MODIFIED SR5 TRD CM 4x4-CEMENT
    I think mine was 12-5-17?? I'm not sure without going investigate it.

20. Feb 16, 2018 at 7:47 PM
    757TUNDRA

757TUNDRA Not a New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    2018 Barcelona Red Metallic Platinum 4x4
    OEM Bed Cover, OEM Bed Rail System, OEM Bedmat, OEM Doorsill Protectors, OEM TRD Rear Sway Bar, OEM Color Matched Door Handles, OEM Color Matched Mirror Caps, OEM Bed Net, OEM Driver Side Grab Handle, BFG K02 LT275/60/20, WeatherTech Digifit FloorLiners, Salex OCD Console Organizer, Salex Console Tray
    Priority Toyota ... crooks. I used to live in Chesapeake and tried to use them a couple of times for basic maintenance and inspections on our vehicles and found them to be very dishonest. I'm not surprised they responded the way they did, they could care less about their customers. On another note, I used to take my son in there occasionally just to play ping pong. If we were in the area looking for something to do we would go there and spend an hour or so just playing ping pong with no intention of ever doing business there ... lol.

21. Feb 16, 2018 at 8:47 PM
    71_340

71_340 The German

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    FLW, MO
    Have them take it back if you can and buy a Ford and be happy ever after. Oh, don't forget to surf a F-150 forum before doing so, that way you can see what issues to expect (I had several).

22. Feb 17, 2018 at 5:46 AM
    netranger6

netranger6 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Vehicle:
    Saw a lifted 18 on lot today. Guess it' not a lift issue.

23. Feb 17, 2018 at 7:44 AM
    [DELETED]

[DELETED] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    PNW
    Yeah, I don't think so. Toyota used that as a cover for a system that may have been installed, or rushed to market, hastily. I don't think there was any higher incidence of failure on lifted/leveled trucks than otherwise. From what I'm hearing, they've softened their position on this, recently.

Take your tank of gas and be happy. Again, you volunteered to assist them. As I've stated before, any more than that is highly unlikely. I mean, do you really want to push this to Lemon Law where you're giving up your truck? This is a known issue, yours has been fixed. Time to enjoy your new Tundra!

757TUNDRA likes this.
  24. Feb 17, 2018 at 7:44 AM
    [DELETED]

[DELETED] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    PNW
    Oh... and, find a new dealer. I wouldn't want to work with them. I do feel you were taken advantage of, ftr.

25. Feb 17, 2018 at 8:02 AM
    Nike21

Nike21 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5 CrewMax TSS 4X4 Black Beast
    Softened their position on the TSS, or PCS issue, on lifted/leveled trucks??

26. Feb 17, 2018 at 8:03 AM
    Nike21

Nike21 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Which dealership??

27. Feb 17, 2018 at 8:04 AM
    [DELETED]

[DELETED] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    PNW
    That the lifts were/are the issue. I was greenlighted to have my dealer install the lift last week after being told no for some time...

28. Feb 17, 2018 at 8:08 AM
    Nike21

Nike21 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Did you get it installed? Was it a 3-1? I was told on the 8th that Toyota wasn't doing it anymore, would like to do mine as well, but want the TSS to work, and the warranty to still be good. Which dealership?

29. Feb 17, 2018 at 8:41 AM
    [DELETED]

[DELETED] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    PNW
    It's case by case. At the dealership's discretion. There is no hard/fast rule coming from Toyota on this.

30. Feb 17, 2018 at 10:17 AM
    Nap1970

Nap1970 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra TRD off road
    @ Jeff

Regarding agreeing to doing the beta testing, I wasn’t given any choice. Regional told dealership that this was my only option at the time bc they didn’t really know how to fix it yet. Also, I still don’t know if it is even fixed yet bc I have only had chance to put about 50 miles on it since this repair. I think my primary issue is that I feel that dealership should and could do something to make this right since myself and family been buying cars from their past 20 years. I would be more than satisfied if they offered to pay first payment or give me a extended warranty like others have had done here. I was actually thinking about requesting paint protection film on my hood that cost about $400 and I would be happy with that. This inconvenience cost me time and money, that’s why I think a tank of gas is a joke. All I can do is wait and see what happens regarding lemon law issue and take it from there. If I keep the truck I am going to see about going to another dealership for all the service bc i have lifetime state inspections and oil changes

Products Discussed in

To Top