1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2018 trd pro

Discussion in '2.5 Gen TRD Pro (2014-2021)' started by 202610, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Mar 24, 2017 at 6:19 PM
    Midnighttaco08

Midnighttaco08 High Quality H2O Inspector

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2017 Quicksand TRD OR 4x4 2008 Indigo Ink Tacoma TRDOR
    None yet!
    I hope nobody :anonymous:

Maybe he is saying with tax and fees?? But still, way to high IMO... they can be had for less:notsure:

2. Mar 24, 2017 at 6:24 PM
    MotoTundra

MotoTundra The Ocho

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    -TRS Mini D2S Retrofit on TRD Pro Headlights (Apollo 2.0 Shrouds, 35w XB Ballasts, 5500k Bulbs) -Baja Designs Squadron R Sport Aux lights. -TRD Pro Grill -TRD Rear Sway Bar -BakFlip VP Tonneau w/BakBox -Dipped wheels & bumpers -Iron Cross HD steps -Undercover Swingcase -SunTek Paint Protection film -Tinted glass -Bedmat -OEM Towing Mirrors
    Check out www.lamin-x.com, they sell SunTek Paint Protection. I bought their kit for my 14' Tundra (TRD Pro grill surround, a few inches of the hood, few inches of the front fenders, the area under the headlights, A pillars, and door cups). I built up the courage and installed in at myself. It took a long time and was very tedious work, but I saved a ton of money and I absolutely love the coverage and quality of the product.

Voyagermike[QUOTED] likes this.
  3. Mar 24, 2017 at 8:32 PM
    Rbtrd

Rbtrd New Member

Member:
    So Cal/Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra trd pro CM wht
    I was driving home from work and north hollywood toyota(Ca) has a Wht 17 Tundra Trd Pro CM with bed liner and n-fab steps. Price was $58k plus tax. Out the door would be about $63-$64K. $7k was dealer mark up.

4. Mar 24, 2017 at 8:41 PM
    Voyagermike

Voyagermike New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    California
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    aperezsh, Kilos, JH5370 and 1 other person like this.
  5. Mar 24, 2017 at 8:51 PM
    Midnighttaco08

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    None yet!
    Fuckkkk that lol.
    That's more like it. That was the MSRP on the white Pro I saw when I was buying my truck.

Voyagermike[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Mar 24, 2017 at 8:54 PM
    Voyagermike

Voyagermike New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    California
    Screw the mark up. When I was originally looking a dealer quoted me 60k stock. NO FUCKING WAY

7. Mar 24, 2017 at 8:57 PM
    Midnighttaco08

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    None yet!
    Yeah I'd leave. No way I'm paying that much because the dealer thinks they can mark it up.

Eventually if a pro is what you want, you'll get the price you want to pay if you're patient.

I wanted Quicksand in the 17 crewmax so I couldn't get a pro with the color. No matter, I can add "better" leather later with TRD stitched if I choose that will be ventilated and cooled as well as heated. Already have the pro grille on its way and the dual exhaust installed. Really all I was intrested in the pro for.

TheBeast and Voyagermike[QUOTED] like this.
  8. Mar 24, 2017 at 9:02 PM
    Voyagermike

Voyagermike New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    California
    The local dealer was able to get me a CEMENT PRO. Was told it will be built the last week of April. Been over 8weeks of waiting. All good.

9. Mar 24, 2017 at 9:04 PM
    Midnighttaco08

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    None yet!
    Cement is a really nice color. That was my choice if I do chose the Pro. I just fell in love with quicksand when I saw it.

Did you negotiate well on the cost?

10. Mar 24, 2017 at 9:19 PM
    Voyagermike

Voyagermike New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    California
    Wasn't able to get them to budge very much. $800 off sticker.

11. Mar 25, 2017 at 4:41 AM
    Stumpjumper

Stumpjumper New Member

Member:
    Fate, Tx
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra TSS 4x4
    +1, I would probably go a step further and never buy anything from that dealer

JH5370 and Voyagermike[QUOTED] like this.
  12. Mar 25, 2017 at 7:25 AM
    Voyagermike

Voyagermike New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    California
    I laughed at the guy! He said it's the price they are selling for. I said good luck. Called me back a few times to try and sell it to me. Not happening

13. Mar 25, 2017 at 7:31 AM
    Rbtrd

Rbtrd New Member

Member:
    So Cal/Oregon
    Vehicle:
    When i was speaking with the salesman and told him i could get the Pro for msrp and no sales tax in Oregon. He told me..."its LA bro, its all marked up and i should buy 3 and resell them in LA n make $10k per Pro. I laughed at him and walked away. Look forward to getting my Pro and driving by the dealership with my one finger salute :der:.

757TUNDRA, Voyagermike and magstar67 like this.
  14. Mar 25, 2017 at 7:38 AM
    Kizmatti

Kizmatti New Member

Member:
    I was driving 2007 SR5 Tundra with 102k miles on it.

Wife was driving a 2013 rav4 with 45k miles on.

Both were paid off & both traded in for the new vehicles.

15. Mar 25, 2017 at 5:28 PM
    R0CKETMAN

R0CKETMAN IG: @rocketmanmtb

Member:
    NGAMTNS
    Vehicle:
    '17 TUNDRA TRD PRO CEMENT ‘15 TUNDRA SR-5 WHITE

Dealer sounds like a pretty smart dude. If that's what they're going for in LaLa land...supply demand

16. Mar 25, 2017 at 10:36 PM
    Rbtrd

Rbtrd New Member

Member:
    So Cal/Oregon
    Vehicle:
    He might be.... Some dealerships in the LA area will sell a Pro at msrp and some $7k-$10k over. Doesnt make any sense that someone would buy that much over. More money than brains i guess

17. Mar 26, 2017 at 12:00 AM
    mgm16trdpro

mgm16trdpro Certified Modoholic

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Ici magnum side steps in linex, factory spray in bed liner, remote start,afe pro dry filter, dap tune,sso slimline hybrid OEM bumper with baja designs 30" s8 driving combo,warn platinum xeon winch, baha designs squadron sport fogs in amber wide cornering with fog pocket kit, gtr headlight LEDs, 295/70r18 nitro ridge grapplers, g2 painted red calipers, 1.25 spidertrax spacers, bed slide pro 1000 se and 5 bin package, diamondback HD bed cover with ATV package and black package, 2 auto access led strips in bed, husky full coverage exact contour mats with custom logos, V led leds interior lights, tuffskinz mid console/&rear cupholder package, mid console tray and organizer, 2 JL 10s in custom sub box, 4 Hertz door speakers,2 hertz tweeters, other audio upgrades, tinted front windows, weathertech in channel rain guards, artic coating, reverse tail light section and third brake tint, ami big stick antenna, 2 CB shims +3 shackle, cb steer kit, Trd dual exhaust, trd skid plate, vled footwell kits front and back, factor 55 winch fairlead and prolink, gen y torsion hitch, bushwacker color matched fender flares with black powder coated rivets, trd rear sway bar, covercraft cargo bar and cargo net, recovery gear, custom shifter and middle console.I'm sure other things I'm forgetting too
    Obviously didn't learn math years ago, just saying. I had to couldn't help myself.

BlueBottle and gosolo like this.
  18. Mar 26, 2017 at 12:06 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Ici magnum side steps in linex, factory spray in bed liner, remote start,afe pro dry filter, dap tune,sso slimline hybrid OEM bumper with baja designs 30" s8 driving combo,warn platinum xeon winch, baha designs squadron sport fogs in amber wide cornering with fog pocket kit, gtr headlight LEDs, 295/70r18 nitro ridge grapplers, g2 painted red calipers, 1.25 spidertrax spacers, bed slide pro 1000 se and 5 bin package, diamondback HD bed cover with ATV package and black package, 2 auto access led strips in bed, husky full coverage exact contour mats with custom logos, V led leds interior lights, tuffskinz mid console/&rear cupholder package, mid console tray and organizer, 2 JL 10s in custom sub box, 4 Hertz door speakers,2 hertz tweeters, other audio upgrades, tinted front windows, weathertech in channel rain guards, artic coating, reverse tail light section and third brake tint, ami big stick antenna, 2 CB shims +3 shackle, cb steer kit, Trd dual exhaust, trd skid plate, vled footwell kits front and back, factor 55 winch fairlead and prolink, gen y torsion hitch, bushwacker color matched fender flares with black powder coated rivets, trd rear sway bar, covercraft cargo bar and cargo net, recovery gear, custom shifter and middle console.I'm sure other things I'm forgetting too
    Not me. Don t know how that possible when stickers high 40k at most low 50. I'm guessing when my boy learned these things years ago, he did not learn math or how to talk to people. Lol

gosolo likes this.
  19. Mar 26, 2017 at 12:27 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Still not up to $60k. Tax,tags and all mods. I'm still a couple g's short. Don't worry though, I'm still working on getting there, if all goes accordingly I should be there soon. Lol. I sure as he'll don't make six figures but don't owe a penny on it. Yet I don't knock anyone who takes a loan to get what they want, especially at today's historically low interest rates, it's almost free money. If I didn't buy mine almost new I sure as he'll would have taken a loan and left my $ in bank. At damn near zero % I wouldn't have been in any rush to pay it off either. Damn kids now a days think they know everything. I've found most are lazy, don't know much about real life, and definitely don't know when to keep their mouths shut. Oh wait a second, I shouldn't be offended I'm 1 of those good guys who paid their truck off in less than 2 hrs. Guess I went on a rant feeling offended for most normal people who take out car loans and don't pay them off in less than 2 hrs. 20170323_190748.jpg

Rbtrd likes this.
  20. Mar 26, 2017 at 12:41 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    And here I thought I was on a site for other troubled sick addicted to spending too much money on their vehicles individuals like myself. Sorry guys, after reading the 20 yr mortgages I mean car loans that don't exist that u guys got on ur vehicles are going to cost u over $600k and how if u don't pay these loans off in less than 2 yrs u don't deserve ur vehicle I just realized I must be on the wrong website here. I was looking for the website where everyone realizes they only live once and they can't take their $ with them. If anyone finds that site let me know.

Rbtrd likes this.
  21. Mar 26, 2017 at 11:34 AM
    Quartermeter

Quartermeter New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 DC WHITE
    FOX 2.0 REARS, OME FRONTS FIRESTONE AIR BAGS RCI SKID PLATE
    So are you talking to me?? Let me explain. Since this went over ALL of your heads. I was talking about investing. Instead of buying a car/truck "THE DEPRECIATING ASSET" (they do not go up in value) that cost ALMOST $60k. it makes more sense to invest that amount. $60k invested for 20 yrs at 6-8% will be $300,000. That was my point. I didn't say anything thinking one of you would figure it out. I'm no millennial like most of you. I'm much older than most of you that's why I know these things. And none of you could figure it out. Don't get butt hurt cause you got no money.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  22. Mar 26, 2017 at 12:17 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Yes I am talking to and about u. 1st off, I'm 38 so I have some real life experience. You must be looking for the investing in mutual funds website. Where u can talk about how smart you are to invest in appreciating assets and how dumb we all are for otherwise. You see I own a home, all my vehicles, toys,ect are paid off. I don't overextend myself and I'm pretty sure you probably wish you were in my situation. That's why I can afford to do what I am to my truck. I was very wise with my money and did the right things up to this point. This is the newest vehicle I've ever bought. Many hoopties before this. I paid cash for my vehicle and bought it private. If my kids didn't have food on the table I wouldn't be putting tires and other crap on my truck. I've also seen many people die well before their time and I said to myself at This point in my life it's time to enjoy all my hard work and sacrifice. No shit, it's smarter to invest your money rather than spend on a vehicle. But who the he'll are you to tell or look down on other people for what they decide to do with their money. If you want to preach about not wasting money and get up on your high horse to piss in other people's cornflakes, telling them what they should be doing with their money then get off this site and go find aig,axa,prudential,northwestern mutual,fidelity, ect just to name a few. I'm pretty sure you will make more friends there than how you are probably doing here.

arhino, joonbug, BlueBottle and 2 others like this.
  23. Mar 26, 2017 at 12:23 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    James, I agree with a lot of what you are trying to say, I just don't agree with the delivery. I'll give you a pass and hope you mean well, that it's just being lost in translation over the keyboard. Maybe it's just me, I'm not even 1 of the guys where ur comments fit, I just didn't like how you were coming off to other guys on the site about their life choices. U want to help cool, u want to put down and come off snobby, no thanks.

24. Mar 26, 2017 at 12:36 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    It's the whole explaining what a depreciating asset is, as if we are all dumb 18 yr olds,heathen,spending money on our vehicles like crackheads, pulling food off the table from our kids mouths to put into our vehicles. Besides if that's what makes someone happy who are we to judge. I'm sorry but I'm just getting the sense that your trolling people. They come to the site for ideas and feedback on their vehicles that make them happy. Not to be put down by some old snobby dude who lives in his mom's basement so he don't have to spend money on rent or mortgage. Every time I think and hope u are about to redeem yourself you finish off your comment with a don't get butt hurt bc you got no money.

gosolo and Rbtrd like this.
  25. Mar 26, 2017 at 1:43 PM
    Quartermeter

Quartermeter New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 DC WHITE
    Well you nor anybody else knew what I was talking about. All of you thought I was financing a truck for 20 yrs at 6-8%. You may not know it but you're in the minority. I'm almost twice your age so sorry if you got butt hurt bad but you'll get over it. I'm proud of you for paying cash for your car. I said this before. Millionaires Drive used cars and most don't buy new cars. Ive seen too many of my friends, older than me and now they don't have the money to take care of themselves because their they didn't plan well and they bought too many new cars. Now they don't have the money to take care of themselves since they're old and not healthy anymore. Have a nice day.

26. Mar 26, 2017 at 1:52 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    See that was a little better. I am over it, besides I can't waste anymore time going back n forth on this when I got to get researching on my next mod. Lol. Think I need lights in bed under my cover and a cargo bar divider. Good luck going forward, u didn't offend me bc ur comments did not apply. I just couldn't help myself speaking up for others who might been offended. Not me though I'm good. Onto the next mod. Take care

27. Mar 26, 2017 at 2:19 PM
    Quartermeter

Quartermeter New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 DC WHITE
    You're probably right if you wanted my advice you'd ask for it. tell you what forget I said anything.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
    NewImprovedRon likes this.
  28. Mar 26, 2017 at 2:26 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    No harm no foul

NewImprovedRon likes this.
  29. Mar 26, 2017 at 3:02 PM
    warwickscout

warwickscout New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    tommy
    warwick ny
    Vehicle:
    16 pro
    tint 295/70/18 terras iron cross hd steps.wheel spacers,nder seat storage,l.e.d lights cut into rear bumper,spacers,
    glad we got that settled. haha

TheBeast likes this.
  30. Mar 26, 2017 at 3:44 PM
    mdavis

mdavis I need a beer.

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Rock Hill, SC
    I thought I didn't have to save for retirement? The government takes money from my check every week and keeps it safe for me... :rolleyes:

Products Discussed in

To Top